Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrap 'em well quilters!!!

By wrap 'em well, I'm not referring to wrapping with quilts, I am referring to your packages you send out. Like many others on the board, I buy and sell things in the classifieds. Or, should I say "overbuy"!
    Recently I bought a book from Barb (frugalfabrics) and was so happy I bought from her! She placed the book in a plastic bag (I really appreciate this as my mailbox tends to get snow in it)! She then put the book into a manila envelpe and taped it shut, very well. She put tape over my address and her label and every crack and crevice. Thank goodness that she did because the following pictures are what I received a few days after she sent it out! The bag over the book kept it from getting damaged, not even a bent page! The tape over my addy was the ONLY way they said that they were able to deliver it to me, if there would not have been tape over it, it would have been destroyed!

My post man was so embarrassed! It looks like the post office decided that they should send it from MI to MT by using it as a frisbee!

Just something to think about~package them well and cross your fingers-they do stand a better chance at arriving safely!

Front....
    Name:  Attachment-159958.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  47.7 KB

Back...well at least they didn't bend it!
    Name:  Attachment-159959.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  33.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Well they didn't bend it :wink: LOL

Glad it was packaged so well :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Holy moly! What a mess. You are lucky the book made it through all that!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Holy cow. I always use a plastic bag and tape over the name. (At least I try to remember to do the tape over the name.) I will keep this picture in mind when I send things and I'll never miss taping a package.

If it was mailed during the Christmas rush, the post office seems to just throw packages around.

I can't believe it made it unharmed after that treatment!

Blog Entries
    Looks like they should have hand cancelled it. Shippers can request that option.

Wow... a picture says a thousand words...

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I get quite a few packages like that every month- I host monthly swaps.. I suggest to all to place their swaps in ziploc baggies with their return addy on it. that way should the envelope get torn to shreds it can still be sent back to them..

Maybe I should have put - DO NOT MUTILATE - on it.

I remember when I mailed that one...I wanted to mail it media rate, and the postal lady at the counter told me, it would be safer at 1st class/parcel, so I decided to go that route and add the delivery confirmation to it, just in case.

WOW! I think I'm gonna have to show that picture to the postal carrier and "thank" her for her advise...NOT!

So glad, that after all that frisbee throwing, that it still made it there safely.

I am a tape freak, and always tape every edge - I guess this proves to me that all the extra tape I add, has finally paid off.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast