Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you familiar with Zentangles? >

Are you familiar with Zentangles?

Are you familiar with Zentangles?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Last year bought a pair of white tennis shoes for GGD, fine line black,marker and zenned the shoes....that was fun, your post reminded me of that little diversion.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

Been zentangling for many years. Some of the books, ideas people are putting their ( tangling) into are certainly inspiring. I was doing it back when we were thought of as weird.... It is nice that in the past 7 years or so people are looking at it in a positive way. We used to keep it to ourselves to avoid the negative attitudes.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Suz

huskyquilter. I will check w/her and PM you a message w/the information. I do believe she travels to teach but I am unsure of her distances. Incidentally, I will not be taking the course tomorrow. Reason: we purchased a new home today and I need to spend time attempting to find a mortgage lender for same. Sorry!! I was looking forward to take the course.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:04 AM
Vat

I tried it but I just don't have the patience for it. When I do things like that I feel like I cam NOT getting anything done. It takes up so much time ! ! I have several friends that do it daily, more power to them. It just isn't for me.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 AM

All you need to remember with zentangles is to doodle and go with what feels right. Don't overthink it
Old 07-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Suz

I contacted my friend and teacher, Laura Cunningham. She gave me permission to share her info with you all. A copy of her response is below:

"I’m okay with you sharing my info as you know it is [email protected]. She (huskyquilter) could also view class items @ Laura [email protected]. Thank you for your PR work as I am trying to get established on a larger scale.This could be a possibility for both Kevin and me as he will be my go to guy/behind the scene guy. See you soon...Laura.

Gals/Guys, if you have the opportunity to sit in on one of her workshops, do it!!! I promise you will not be disappointed. And of course, spread the word for my friend. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
Zentangles. Google it and see what they are.

Yesterday I took my first class creating paisley Zentangles on fabric. The teacher is excellent and I only wish for half the results she has achieved. Her work is magnificent and so detailed. Obviously, she has a great relationship with her sewing machine and demonstrated some of her fillers while explaining the method. She told the class how she approached this project start to finish and provided several sizes of paisley templates to get us started. It takes a lot of practice and although I was using a loaner machine, I did okay. Intimated yes, but trying.

I will be taking a second class tomorrow and hope to learn a lot more.
Thanks for the information. Wish I knew who the teacher was.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by kaylfordsollimo View Post
Thanks for the information. Wish I knew who the teacher was.
Found it! Thank you.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:03 AM

I took a day class a few months ago loved it. Found it so very easy. We drew the outline with black thread then coloured in with permanent black marker. Such a relaxing projects. Not sure what to make other than wall hanging, coasters, and place mats. Any other ideas?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:37 PM

LOVE doing it. Learned at the Hospice I volunteer at. Very relaxing to do. I have even woodburned designs and made jewerly with shriny dink using Zentangle