Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Younker's Brand sewing machine

Blog Entries
    I got a Younkers brand sewing machine yesterday and need info .I doesn't have any feet except one for a zipper. I wonder if anyone has heard of this before? The lady said it was from a store in Iowa. Like Sears but smaller. The name of the store is the same as the machine.
    on the back plate it says manufactered by Koyo machines in Osaka,Japan. Its called the centennial series . St Louis , Mo. there is no manual or any other info on it. I'd love any help . Also, all metal including the case(around the parts). It is in a wooden cabinet.

Please show us a picture of the machine. Hopefully
    there is someone out there that can help you.

Blog Entries
    yes, a pic would help a lot

Blog Entries
    Ok my mind is gone !! hehehe Here are the photos. This machine sews like a charm. BUT I have only one needle that fits and it must've come with the machine in the 70's.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Younkers is a regional dept store in the upper plains/midwest. We have had one as long as I can remember. Nice looking machine but have never seen one before. Since it is made in Japan it is probably a well made machine. Their quality in the 60's and 70's was superb. It might be hard to find a manual, but attachments should be fairly easy depending on the shank. Looks like a slant shank??? Take your needle to the store and see if it is a long needle or a short. Also take the bobbin to determine bobbin size. If there is a repair place close by they may be able to help you.

This is just one of many badged, Japanese clones. I have one similar to it. Good machines and they are tanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    This is just one of many badged, Japanese clones. I have one similar to it. Good machines and they are tanks.
    I love mine too. What does badged mean?? Its a new term to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noiseynana
    It means the manufacturer didn't put their own name on the machine, but the name of the store where it would be sold, or sometimes some other generic name. Like Kenmore is on Sears sewing machines, but many different manufacturers made them over the years, including Janome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emmah
    Quote Originally Posted by Noiseynana
    It means the manufacturer didn't put their own name on the machine, but the name of the store where it would be sold, or sometimes some other generic name. Like Kenmore is on Sears sewing machines, but many different manufacturers made them over the years, including Janome.
    wow. Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard that before.