Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: THE YUCKY PART

I agree with you, Debby! I was turning my left middle finger to hamburger when I was hand quilting. Then I found something called the Under thimble. It's just a little metal disk that has some glue on it, and you stick it opn the end of your finger. It stays on pretty well, and your needle kind of bounces off it because it's rounded. You can use the disk over and over again, because the heat from you skin reactivates the glue, and it comes with several glue disks. You're actually more likely to lost the disk than to run out of the glue thingies. I don't do hand quilting without it anymore!

Jeez, you'd never believe I type for a living, would you????

I have to parts I don't like about Quilting.

First is cutting it out. I have to keep thinking measure twice cut once. I still mess up.

The other part is hand sewing the back side of the binding on. It seems like it takes forever for me to get it done. I guess because I'm so excited and I want it to be done.

I hate not having enough hours in the day to work on a project you are on a roll with.

I love all parts of the quilt making process, yes even the taking out and redoing... it challenges me and my patience.

I hate sewing borders on.

Such a boring part of the process for me. Especially when they aren't pieced borders.

the binding definately I have most of my problems there. It could be because I hate to hand sew because my fingers are numb all the time so it makes it hard holding the needle. And the sandwhich on large quilts because of space to lay them out properly

Having to get the housework done before getting sewing time!

I love everything about the quilting process right up to the sandwiching and then I feel like a total failure. I don't know of a long arm quilter in my area so I STRUGGLE to get the final steps done!!! I want a quiting frame!

Binding the quilt is my favorite step, but then I step back and think I should have struggled a bit more and done more quilting!!

what lucky patsy's mom said. definitely :!: :!: :!:

Cutting is what I dislike the most. Takes the most amount of time. Especially if I have to cut small pieces. UGH!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast