Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~ Fun and Funky  Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed >

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Just playing around not sure I want to do this paper piece yet, takes awhile to do since no experience at them...LOL

But thought I would share it and think about it...

So what do you think?
Are the google eyes washable?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:26 PM

I did a mouse on the Funky Farm and I hand wash them with the eyes on and they did ok...but I need to find a stronger hold for glue, only of couple eyes fell off but maybe that's because I didnt use very much glue...
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 AM

These are beautiful!!!!
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I wasn't going to show these yet but, oh well just to get us started....

Here is the first blocks I put together yesterday. THe stitching isn't done on them yet, but I am sure you can get the idea of how they will look when they are stitched around with the right colors and the details put in like the birds legs and the eyes and such. Then they will be squared up the the finished sizes.

So Whatcha think swappers? They both are 9 1/2 x 12 /12 blocks.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 AM

adorable!!!!
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Just playing around not sure I want to do this paper piece yet, takes awhile to do since no experience at them...LOL

But thought I would share it and think about it...

So what do you think?

If I do decide to do these the extra's will come in a bag so you can add them yourself!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 AM

WOW!!
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Guess what I got in the mail today? Reginalovesfabric sent these adorable 6 1/2" machine embroidered blocks for the swap! Way to go regina! I love the early bird mailers! Yours are gong into the winter swap bin right now!

There is 12 red and 12 dark green sun bonnet christmas/winter images... Aren't they adorable??
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM

I LOVE the funky trees!!!
Originally Posted by moonrise
Okie dokie. Here are my four sets. :)
Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 AM

WOW - some people are really on the ball ! They are adorable. And Luv2 - your Santa is great. Good job !
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM

Moonrise; I love the funky tree and suggest if you want to change the looks then go for a narrow solid zigzag maybe 1/8inch or 1/4 inch embroidery stitch in a darker green. As for myself I would use bright gold metallic thread with a metallica needle to cover up the straight stitching. Then I would place a gold star metal button on top the tree. The little buttons for ornaments are darling.
Also about the Santa Block the fabric store was giving this paper pattern block away. I liked it, brought it home. If anyone wants it I will be more than happy to scan and send(if I can manage it on my new printer) Send me a PM. Just remember this particular pattern was given to anyone coming into their store the whole month of July so me sending it to you will not be wrong. It made up better than I anticipated. IfI cannot scan I will mail it.
I really want to join this Christmas swap but I am so loaded down with 2 kid quilts for Pauls class in school and school starting Aug 1, a bedsize Tommy the Train quilt for my 2yr GGS and I have a KS intricate quilt over 5000 pieces for myself about 1/3 done. The Halloween blocks will be coming in and Paul wants his Boo quilt so it will get done. I intend to piece some regular quilt blocks for fillers for
my quilt. I still have to keep house and cook and with a new baby boy coming early September looks like busier. Besides all this I do have a regular job, my hours are good and can be worked into all the rest. Nothing dull here.
Will make a definite committment sometime in August or before the cutoff date. My favorite is the applique, then machine embroidery, and last but far from least is a quilt block put together around a white on white center that is embroidered with who knows what.
Would anyone like to have a Chanukah light design, a Happy Hanukkah w/Star of David design or a Snowmen with Menorah (my favorite).I can do a Menorah Sashiko Square-8th night(this is another favorite on navy). If anyone would like to have them I will have to purchase the designs from Enbroidered Library.com and do them as part of my sets. Send me a PM which one you want The snowmen/Menorah and the Sashiko square Menorah are lovely Remember to PM and no charge is part of my sets.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:21 PM

Forgot to add that the embroidered machine has to go into the shop. Not sure when I will have the money to take it in so it is possible I won't be able to make the special designs for you all. Hopefully it will be sometime in August, You can PM me anyway with what you wan and if I can do them I will.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM

I want to do this but right now my guest/sewing room is taken over by DD & kids for a few weeks. I do have a stash of Christmas/winter fabric so will be looking for ideas. I LOVE the pictures posted so far - it got me started thinking about something other that stars, but I do like stars and will probably do something pieced. I hope I can pull it together by Oct.