Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 PM

The January Birthday candies were mailed today...one will be late BUT if the p.o. had any hint as to the importance of these envelopes, it would make a special delivery on Jan. 1; the remaining will be early. Happy Birthday to All and to All a good time sewing.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:37 AM

Awwww! Not to worry about any lateness. New years day is a tough holiday for a birthday trust me!
Old 12-29-2013, 01:39 AM

More candies from mamaskeeto and last name Lindeman? Is that Carrot?
Old 12-29-2013, 04:46 PM

I haven't forgotten you January ladies. Ill get them out after this next week.
Can you believe we almost a full year of doing this birthday candies? We just have Jan, Feb and march. Because I only have a couple of baggies left after I mail the Jan's.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Ok, I felt guilty not mailing so I got them ready and they are in the mailbox today.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:07 PM

Hello Ladies
Hope everyone is well on this last day of 2013! I love the holidays but at my house they last about 10 days and it is exhausting! I have 7 siblings and they all (but 1 family) have come in town to visit. So my house has been a revolving bed hopping hotel! I had 25 for dinner on Christmas, then 37 for dinner on the Saturday after Christmas. I do get a lot of help, everyone brings something to eat or drink. But this year I learned my lesson, I have one sister (Carolyn) who is always late...she was in charge of bringing the beverages, soft and hard. Well she showed up 2 hours late!!!!! by the time she got to my house I passed out glasses to everyone and had them meet her at the door .....looking parched!
Lesson learned! she brings dessert for now on!

I have had a lot of you asking if we will start another round....I have plans to do that...I will get the okay from the who ever I need to get it from...
I think the signature idea is great....but I need a visual...could someone please post what they should look like. I also think the 2.5 size would be great if that is possible.

I finished my rag quilts that I was making for Christmas presents and everyone LOVED them. They turned out really nice and very cozy. I am planning on making 3 more for next Christmas, but I am going to get a better head start. ONe of the 3 will be for me! The flannel was all plaid and solid and all the plaid was purchased at a reuse (like Salvation Army) they were PJ's, robes, nightgowns and shirts. I also used the pocket and put it on the quilt and tucked in little gifts and love notes to my grandkids.
I am going to post a questionnaire for the next round ...please PM me your answers. I will take all suggestions that you have to make this even better next year.

*****Also if anyone has not sent in package for this year swap...you will not be able to participate in 2014.
Barb
Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Questionnaire for 2014

1) would you like to participate in 2014? If not that is okay, please don't feel bad. just let me know...we all know life happens!

2) In 2013 we had 31 participants, so you received 30 packages during your birthday month. Would you like to increase the number? decrease the number ( original players will all be included if they want) or keep it at 31?

3) If you put increase on question 2 please put how many total you would like to have in our swap?

4) Would you like to include a signature block? Should there be guidelines for this block?

5) What changes would you like to see to make next year any better?

I truly have loved meeting all of you and consider all of you my friends. I hope to have another year of getting to know you all better. We have all shared happy times and sad times through the year. You are all a blessing to me.

Barb
PS Please pm your answers to me...thanks for a great year!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 PM

Also when sending your answers to the questionnaire above please tell me if you are waiting on a package and who it is you are waiting on. (of course not january or february babies).
Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 AM

Speaking of January, more candies from Jannie and Lisa wanna be quilter. I have a beautiful center panel that I received from another swap and I am going to border it with black strips and candies.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
More candies from mamaskeeto and last name Lindeman? Is that Carrot?
yes that is Carrot