Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1535

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Thank you Nurse Bonnie! You candies arrived today.

Think I know what I am going to do with a set of candies. I have a very small Christmas tree that I put up in the kitchen with handmade ornaments. I don't have a garland for it. Found this super cute pattern for a garland using 1mm Styrofoam balls, 2.5 squares, and twine. You cover the balls with the squares using fabric glue. Once that is dry, you just string them on the twine. Went to Michael's this afternoon and picked up the balls, glue and large needle. Won't be able to start playing with them until later in the week. Way to much to do now until Thursday.
    That sounds like a really cute idea. Please post pictures when you are done.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

almost final Weekly candy update, once i receive Wanda's. Thank you ladies for participating.

Marybrace.............. Mitcham.................... JNCT14
    Aquiltymama..................... Gandee1................. mamaskeeto
    Honchey................ Lisa wanna b quilter.................. quiltingdragon
    Abdconsultant..........sustraley...........fraew.. ..........carrot...
    sheriR...........lstew2212.............nls........ ...Barbkibler....Jeanie..... wmuteach....Jarenie......Mariposa....goldendog55.. ..sew4nin.....ahwu... Darcene......Queenof2802.......Dottiedodge....... Oneteapot....... Nurse.....only one more

barbara, congratulations to your new addition to the family. Cute picture of grandson.

Wanda hope you feeling better, ty for the update.

i mailed to gandee last week hope she got some candies.

Blog Entries
    sewmany, thank you for keeping us informed as to the Birthday candy you have received....it relieves worries as I always expect my envelopes to explode or disintegrate before delivery....

marybrace

Your very welcome marybrace. I too worry if they received mine.

i just reply to my last post and added to it. Oh, and deleted the ( before the quotes. Seems easier than retyping it again and again.

Sewmany, I don't see my name on your list. I mailed it around the 5th of August. I know I was late but it should have arrived by now. If you don't get it in the next week or so, please let me know.

Thank you everyone who wished my family well with our new addition! Cooper is so sweet but lives an hour away Probably a good thing because I would be there ALL the time!
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

I am going to post the contest for this week....I will still pick the winner Tuesday around 9pm.

Here goes...............

Everything about COOPER
    finish each sentence below and PM me your answers. Make sure answer all of the questions.

1) I like to drive my ________ Cooper.
    2) My name is Cooper________ my dad plays " Nicholas Newman" on the Young and Restless.
    3) My name is __________ Cooper I starred in "High Noon" in 1952.
    4) My name is Cooper ________ I have two famous brothers that are pro football players, (Eli and Peyton).
    5) My name is Coooper________ my dad was in lots of movies but best know for Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day.

Good luck.......PM me your answers!

okay now to respond to some of the posts here: (trying to get caught up)

1) sounds like everyone is receiving your birthday packages. Please send me a PM if you are waiting on a package that is extremely late (1 month would be extreme).
    2) get well and speedy recovery to: queenof2802, Lstew, and Wanda Lou...hope you are all feeling better and are back in the sewing room soon.
    3)sustraly...congrats on the new computer.....I have a love hate relationship with computers but I am happy ever since I got my MacBook Pro! (january)
    4) happy Birthday to our only August birthday Gandee1....enjoy the whole month.
    5) JNCT...you continue to WOW me with each quilt you post. You are very talented. Lucky new momma to receive that quilt!
    6) Queen2802...looking forward to seeing the Christmas ornament idea
    7) and last...Carrot I do plan on spoiling Cooper every chance I get!

Hopefully I did not miss anything............I really enjoy reading all of your posts....and really looking forward to October!

Barb

Thanks Barb for the get well wishes. I am much better and I am back in the sewing room working on a baby gift and a quilt for my Niece for her birthday.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    Bday candy received from Nurse Bonnie. Thank you!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

almost final Weekly candy update, once i receive Wanda's. Thank you ladies for participating.

Marybrace.............. Mitcham.................... JNCT14
    Aquiltymama..................... Gandee1................. mamaskeeto
    Honchey................ Lisa wanna b quilter.................. quiltingdragon
    Abdconsultant..........sustraley...........fraew.. ..........carrot...
    sheriR...........lstew2212.............nls........ ...Barbkibler....Jannie..... wmuteach....Jarenie......Mariposa....goldendog55.. ..sew4nin.....ahwu... Darcene......Queenof2802.......Dottiedodge....... Oneteapot....... Nurse.....only one more

Jannie. - i do have you posted . i am sorry, i mispelled your name.

Well, I'm going home to Texas TOMORROW!!! I have mixed emotions and feel like there's an elephant standing on my chest. But I do want to see hubby and my two daughters need me. Good news is I can mail birthday candy to the last two of July and our August. Sorry I'm SLOW of all the things I got him to bring when he drove up, when I thought to tell him, "Grab three bags of birthday csndy. Office-left shelf-top-in the white basket!" Alas... they were already on the road!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Received an envelope from the p.o today. in it was a small piece of paper with my name and address (not my handwriting) and a CPU 86 cent postage paid on March 12, 2013. The envelope and contents were destroyed and not found. The 86 cent postage and the proximity of my birthday makes me feel for certain this was the missing "candy" from this swap.......only took 5 months to send the notification.

Please inform us when the birthday candies are received....then we can worry only about those that are missing.

Hello Ladies
    We have winner of the Cooper contest...............congrats ahwu...........your package will be mailed out shortly.

Barb

Just wondering...........so do any of you have a pinterest account??? Will I am addicted to pinterest !!!!! and willing to admit it and pretty happy about this fact! It can sometimes be a time suck and hold me captive for hours so I decided to challenge myself in completing 1 pin a day for the next two weeks. ( actually started my two weeks last Friday). I am on vacation from work but have no money to really go somewhere so I have been busy creating and organizing. Call me crazy but I love to organize!

So far I have completed the following pins (since Friday) 1) made a new dinner in the crockpot( just ok..not going to make it again) 2) made up 8 dinners to freeze (all crockpot) we are eating them while I am on vacation so I don't have to cook 3)planted grass seed where needed, 4)cleaned out my pantry and made labels for all the jars, 5) made a busy bag for my 3 year old grandson Henry 6) chopped and bagged in 1/2 cups onions and celery for the freezer.
    So if you don't know what pinterest is...let me know and I will share

If you have a pinterest account let me know your account name ....mine is under Barbara Kibler

going to do another pin....think it will be crayon holder for Henry.
    Last edited by barbarakibler23; 08-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Of course I pin! All quilting related too.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I will probably have a Pin account next week for my dyeing business. After that, I'll think about one for me. I'll keep you both in mind!

Blog Entries
    Barb, Can you give more information about Pin? I have heard of it but hesitant to join cuz I don"t understand it.....

Marybrace I am with you. I find Facebook to be annoying - too many ads - LinkedIn is valuable for business but not sure what value Pinterest has?

Blog Entries
    I love Pinterest. And you're right, it can suck up your time. I have several boards but quilting is my main interest.

Little bit about pinterest:
    It is a community of people that find ideas and put them on a bulletin board. actually many bulletin boards...no thumb tacks needed.

I first found pinterest when we were planning my daughters wedding. Are budget was tight so we made all of the decoration and favors from pinterest ideas. My daughter pinned ideas of wedding dresses, pictures she wanted taken at the wedding. I sure you get the idea.

I have MANY different boards...I find it easier to retrieve the ideas when I'm looking for them. so I don't have recipes ...I have dinners, desserts and canning etc...

I have a lot of interest in crafts more then quilting so I have quilting, postage stamp quilts ,kid crafts...

Also there are ideas on how to decorate or how to hang pictures...I have a board called "smart ideas" things I should of thought of be someone else did!

Also it is NOT a community board that you talk back and forth with someone. Nothing like facebook or linkedin. you can follow people...which means you will see what they post and you can or don't have to post it....it does not matter to anyone.

And a last note about Pinterest.....it can suck time...plenty of time...so I made a bulletin board called "pins I completed" I repost everything when I do the pin..sometimes I will change something while I am doing it and will give my "helpful" hints.

Today's pin: Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight.......cookies with cream cheese, whip topping and pudding......looks YUM to me ....where are going to a potluck picnic at church tonight......hope I get some

I agree Pinterest can really suck your time. Lots of fun stuff to look at, and try. Recipes are interesting too~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Mary Hope the info above helped out....let me know if you join feel free to follow me there

Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    Barb, Can you give more information about Pin? I have heard of it but hesitant to join cuz I don"t understand it.....

Dottie Dodge...I went to find you on Pinterest...and there were many Sue Dodges....so the sleuth in me found you with your quilt boards

Quote Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
    I love Pinterest. And you're right, it can suck up your time. I have several boards but quilting is my main interest.

Blog Entries
    WOW Barb !! I like what you are getting done.. you can "vacation" at my house anytime-- I am on a lake and I will wait on you hand and foot while you do pinterest things !!!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast