Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

FOr this swap we are only going to swap 100% cotton fabric...NO Homespun or flannel.
    Send only fabric that you would be proud to put in your own quilt.

Nis...I hope you join us.....
    Barb

Well we have 19 so far joining us.....looking for 11 more.
    Barb

Well I'm looking forward to a fun year of celebrating birthdays!!!
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

This sounds fun. I want to join. PM you right now.

Welcome to Alice and Nancy........9 spots left!

Just a question for the group? Is this your first time in a swap and have you ever made anything with 2.5" squares???

I have swapped with a group (not on this board) for 2.5 squares we did the swap 4 times in one year and that is where I got addicted.
    Then Felicia invited me to join this board and the swap that Sheri is hostessing. I have since joined both of Sheri's swaps.
    Projects made from 2.5" squares:
    I have made 4 quilts that are sofa cover size...because I have a dog that thinks she in charge in my house. 2 were gifts to the family I nanny and 1 is on my sofa and the other is in my car. The gifts covers where purple and blues and they turned out really nice . Their sofa is royal blue. The car seat cover is an eye spy with all the kid friendly squares that I have received.
    I have also made 3 lap size quilts. One that was every other piece white with the other piece bright that was a gift for my daughter in laws mom. The second is one that is called 5 at 5 very cool looks kind of like a film strip. I can give anyone the link for the directions for that one. That was a gift for my friend. and the third one is for my mother in law and it is all greens, reds (not Christmas) beige and pinks. I found a piece of fabric that I fell in love with and used it as a 5" boarder and pulled colors from my 2.5" stash to fill in the center.
    If I ever figure out how to post photos I will do so.

Ok who is next.......................

Blog Entries
    I am currently in Sheri's 2 1/2 inch swap, I have also done 6 1/2, 5. and layer cake swaps. I have not made anything using the 2 1/2 inch squares. Actually I just collect cut squares!

Blog Entries
    Barbara I have got see those pics of yours!

This is how I attach photos to my posts (see pics below):

When you get to the "Manage Attachments" screen, click on "Browse" to find your file. Your file name will appear in the text box to the left of the "Browse" button. Then clisk "Upload". Your file name will appear in a list below.

When you are finished, click on "Close this Window". You should then be able to submit your post...with pics!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Fraew; 02-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Ok my turn. SheriR introduced me to swapping last year. So I swapped until I dropped...for the entire year! I haven't made a single thing with my swap blocks or my 2.5" squares! I am an avid collector as if there's a shortage or something.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

this is the quilt I made for my sons mother in law. She was really happy. Said no one has ever made her something so nice.

Barb
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast