Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Kitty Cat Charm Swap - Signup CLOSED >

5" Kitty Cat Charm Swap - Signup CLOSED

5" Kitty Cat Charm Swap - Signup CLOSED

Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 AM

kriscraft99 is hosting her first fabric square swap...

This swap is for 5" charm kittens & cats fabrics

Registration is open to the first 48 members or until March 12th, whichever comes first. Please do not sign up until you have cut your squares and they are ready to mail.

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of 1 (one) washed cotton fabric (no flannels). The reason the fabric should be prewashed is because many on this board wash their fabrics as soon as they purchase them. I want these members to be able to participate also.

The THEME for this swap is: kittens & cats (think our fur babies - NOT jungle cats).

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt or a cat’s quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tear, snuggling, washing and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or that are fairly easy to see through would not be good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that squares that are not square, or those that are not the right size, will be returned unswapped. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares are recommended as they can be cut down to size if needed be.. ** I would highly recommend sending 5.5" squares just to be safe since all our rulers may not be the exactly same ones**

Here’s how it works:

In your packet to me you will enclose:

1. 1 ziplock bag with 12 ct – 5" inch squares of ONE fabric. If you are sending more than one set, each set must be in its own bag.

2. all fabric must be washed, ironed and in ziplock bags for safe passage thru USPS

INCLUDE your screen name ON your ziplock bag along with SET amounts you are doing.

***Example- I would like to do two sets so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, each of my Ziplock bags will have:

kriscraft99x2

also please place a small sample piece in each bag so that I can place on top of your bag when making the swap (that way you will not receive a duplicate of the fabric you sent)

*The limit is 4 sets maximum.**
**Please remember that each set should be cut from a different washed cat print fabric.
***4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 5" inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares. In return - you will received 48 different cat prints

Also in your package INCLUDE a self adhesive return address label, and a return priority postage stamp ($4.95). I suggest including an additional $0.70 to pay for tracking/delivery confirmation. I do not accept checks for postage.

Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. (PM me for international info)

I must to have these in hand no later than March 28. They need to be post marked no later than 3/24/11 - that should give the USPS ample time to deliver them. International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 3/28/11 that were postmarked after 03/24/11 will be automatically returned unswapped.

I will then sort and mail out squares on 4/6/11.

Please PM me:
Board name,
How many sets you're doing
aprox when you plan ship your package
Your mailing address (so I can add you to the list and send you my mailing address)

Please remember that the general rules for all board swaps apply to this one, too.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Any questions please pm me.. I'll be happy to assist..
Happy quilting everyone.
KrisCraft99

have fun :thumbup:

Link to Group Activity:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=125
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 AM

I wish this was a doggy one lolol
Hugs
April
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM

you could host a doggy one :D

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I wish this was a doggy one lolol
Hugs
April
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Let me check my stash. Sure I have a cat fabric or two to participate. ;-)
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM

oh feline fanatic.. with your board name.. I bet you have kitty cat fabrics in your stash :thumbup:

Kris

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Let me check my stash. Sure I have a cat fabric or two to participate. ;-)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:03 PM

I need to check but I think I have some kitty fabric :D
This could be fun....ugh....like I need another swap!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Hmmmm this wording sounds very familiar... lol ;) :thumbup:
Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM

LOL....I was thinking the same thing! Why recreate the wheel when it works the way it is!!

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Qbee
LOL....I was thinking the same thing! Why recreate the wheel when it works the way it is!!

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
hee hee.. the mod and I went back and forth tweeking the verbiage and that is what we came up with... lol.. At first read, I thought I had posted another swap !! I thought I was losing my mind!! lol..
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM

My DD loves kitties, so I am off tomorrow to get some kitty fabric. Will PM when I have them washed and cut.