Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm >

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

Old 08-20-2013, 07:07 AM

I received a terrific package from Maggy that included a travel wrap made from a washcloth, a little credit card/money purse, trims for my crazy quilt project, pretty blue fabric and other goodies.

Thanks, Maggy.

Jane
Old 08-20-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by amelia0607 View Post
Such wonderful packages. I mailed mine out on the 15th. My SP lives north of me but since I live in TN that could be many folks - hehe And my SP has at least 1 furry friend That's it - no more clues!

Hope you like it!!
Got it!!! It came while I was out of town, I opened it when I got home Sunday night, but wasn't able to get a picture and on the board to post until now. I was PAGES behind, and I like to be up to date. LOL Anyway, the package is wonderful. The fat quarters are beautiful, can't wait to read the magazines and book!, and I absolutely love that pattern. I am going to make that real soon! I have looking for patterns that my DD's would like, since we plan to get together and make some Christmas gifts this year. I can see that making a very nice gift for them to give! DH thought it was GREAT that you sent that gourmet cat food; and the dog devoured one of the bones right away, that is why there is only one in the picture. My dog is really fussy, too. Glad to know he likes them so I can get them for him. Oh, and not to forget the post cards and.......CHOCOLATE!! I will share with DH since I am on a diet. ICK!! diets.
Attached Thumbnails aug2013-sp.jpg  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 AM

OFF TOPIC!! Just have to boast. Check this out, if you like. DGS Quilt
Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM

sewsonsaturday...that bite sounds terrible! I hope you are up and around again soon. I think I am your SP and if so, don't worry about hurrying it to mail...take care of yourself.

Buslady, that quilt of your DGS is awesome. My 10 yr old DGS made a little pillow with a LOT of help from me. I don't think he is going to be a quilter...LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Wonnie, I am searching dilligently for a measuring tape to make the Snap Happy pattern you sent me. I know My husband has a bent measuring tape somewhere. If he doesn't hurry up and find it, he may find his good tape a few inches short!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Off topic: Asked my husband to pick me up a twin size bat and he comes home with a roll of warm and natural 90 x 40 yards!! What a wonderful surprise and very grateful.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by SewsonSaturday View Post
Sorry secret pal!!!!!! I ended up in the hospital. I was bitten by a spider then had a reaction to the meds they were giving me. My pals package is all put together ready to go but I'm on strickt bed rest for the next 2 weeks. My boyfriend is going to mail my package on wensday morning. Ive given him instructions to eithor express mail or over night it. So hopefully he listens and you'll get it with in the week.
Hope you feel better soon! Do they know what kind of spider? I was bitten by a brown recluse in college and spent several days in the hospital so I know just how miserable spider bites can be! Yay for a boyfriend who will mail packages for you while you rest!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Got it!!! It came while I was out of town, I opened it when I got home Sunday night, but wasn't able to get a picture and on the board to post until now. I was PAGES behind, and I like to be up to date. LOL Anyway, the package is wonderful. The fat quarters are beautiful, can't wait to read the magazines and book!, and I absolutely love that pattern. I am going to make that real soon! I have looking for patterns that my DD's would like, since we plan to get together and make some Christmas gifts this year. I can see that making a very nice gift for them to give! DH thought it was GREAT that you sent that gourmet cat food; and the dog devoured one of the bones right away, that is why there is only one in the picture. My dog is really fussy, too. Glad to know he likes them so I can get them for him. Oh, and not to forget the post cards and.......CHOCOLATE!! I will share with DH since I am on a diet. ICK!! diets.
My cat is 18 y/o and never got canned food period until recently. The vet suggested it as older cats need additional liquid in their diets. So he wanted to share this wonderful new stuff he is just now discovering - canned food!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Wonnie, I am searching dilligently for a measuring tape to make the Snap Happy pattern you sent me. I know My husband has a bent measuring tape somewhere. If he doesn't hurry up and find it, he may find his good tape a few inches short!
He, he.....I bought myself a pattern as well and have been antsy to make one or two but have been swamped with other obligations. Hope your husband finds his because they're not really cheap although did find one on the internet at Home Depot that is 12 ft. long for $7.97. They, also, have one that is 26 ft. and another that's 100 ft. In addition to one or two of the smaller ones I'd like to make another one of the larger ones (mine was a gift from a board member) and it's roughly 6 1/2" x 10". But if you have a home depot nearby you wouldn't have to pay postage. If you end up having to buy I'd gladly split one with you. Otherwise I'll use the one in my handy dandy little ladies tool box which wouldn't cost me anything but would leave me without a tape measure!!!
......oh...the pressure!................................
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 PM

I found a tape measure at Big Lots for $3.99 a couple of months ago. I think it is only 12', but would make several of the bags you are discussing. Also, if you have a Harbour Freight nearby, they sometimes have them for as little as $1.99.