Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 PM

Hello everyone...hope you all had a nice weekend with family and friends.

Ok the contest....yes we finally have a winner. BUT FIRST!
this question was a problem. The quiz that I took the answers from had a wrong answer!!!! The answer I thought I was looking for was A...1987 because that is the answer they gave me. I thought that was odd....I was old enough to remember that but I didn't. So you all came up with 1967...so I had to do some investigating! You were all right I was mistaken..... maybe I need to fact check my questions before posting!

3. What year was the holiday officially renamed "Memorial Day"

a. 1987
b. 1967
c. 1977
d. 1957

so the winner is.................................PINKFLOWERS ...YOUR PRIZE WILL BE IN THE MAIL SHORTLY!

thanks for playing everyone that did.

Barb
Old 05-29-2017, 08:11 PM

YIKES...same spider or 4 different spiders. I don't like spiders. (and bridges)

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Just in from AZ, my crown fell out, got spider bitten 4 times at the hotel, found some really cool license plates & wonderful fabric on the trip (all purchases never left the trunk until we got home)!
Will mail on Tuesday to you lovely June babies!
hugs,
dj
Old 05-29-2017, 08:15 PM

Hey Sewbizgirl.....I do recognize some of the Christmas squares!!!! Yay! I really would like you to post the quilts when you are finished with them.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lovely cards Gaijin and Juanitabean! I hopeyou had happy birthdays and enjoy your 'loot'.

Sorry if I miss saying 'Happy B-Day' to some of you. Now that I'm out of the group I don't get the birthday reminders and just have to catch them when I come to the thread to see how y'all are doing! I miss you but don't miss getting candies this year... I'm trying to use what I have. Yesterday I finished up cutting my scraps from the last couple of months of projects, and made another tall pile of candy squares! But here are some I used up:

These 9 patches are cute as a button and will go into a Patches of Life quilt. Recognize any squares? There are 71 9 patches in these stacks and it hardly made a dent!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573747[/ATTACH]

And here are some more I've used. These are some 12" blocks that will go into scrappy Christmas lap quilts for the hospital at Christmas time:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573748[/ATTACH]

I feel like I need to make about 4 scrap quilts for every regular quilt I make from yardage....
Old 05-29-2017, 08:20 PM

that is beautiful Mrshalibut......did you use all of your squares that you received from this years birthday? if so how large is it?

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
I'm sending a pic of what I've made so far. I was going to do the one with a 9x9 square and white sashing, but I made 7x7 and now I kind of like it just all together.[ATTACH=CONFIG]573764[/ATTACH]
Old 05-29-2017, 08:22 PM

This is so beautiful Juanita Bean. How large is your quilt. Now you have a "friendship quilt" !!
Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Just finished quilt from my Birthday candies. I made Arkansas Cross Road top, know need to quilt it. I really like the way it turned out. Have always wanted to do this Quilt but not had that many 2.5 sqs.

Thank you Moonrise for sharing you idea. if you look I hope you can find your blocks. The first 5 and last 2 candies I received will be in another quilt I started. Thank you all for my candies. Juanita
Old 05-29-2017, 08:38 PM

Did you know......

That in one year of the birthday swap you will receive 1550 2 1/2 in candy squares.
so you could make...........

A baby quilt...with only 300 of those squares OR
a crib quilt .... with 468 of those squares OR
a throw .....with 825 of those squares OR
a twin....... with 1575 squares ( you just need to add 25!)

OR

or play a second year and make a
Double/full............. with 2322 squares OR
Queen ...............with 2430 squares OR
King ................ with 2970 squares.

I am exhausted.......because this is my fourth year in the birthday swap! Happy sewing ladies!
Old 05-30-2017, 04:41 AM

Barb! OMG....you are addicted! LOL....Love that. (also makes me feel SO much more normal!)

:d
Old 05-30-2017, 04:43 AM

Mrs. H: Love it. I may change my mind on what to do with mine.

Of course, Juanita's is lovely, too.

Ugh! I keep changing my mind on what to do with these!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:49 AM

Yes....and there is NO CURE!!!

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Barb! OMG....you are addicted! LOL....Love that. (also makes me feel SO much more normal!)

:d
Old 05-30-2017, 07:06 AM

Love all of the options but I am concerned. I think, no I am sure, that my squares are.... mating! Every time I use a thousand, I find more. Don't think I have used all from the first year yet but I have made 8 or 9 quilts, some bigger than twin, and I still have squares. Some of these little sweeties just like each other so much they create more little sweeties. Never fear, I will use them all. I just need to keep them apart or teach them to sew each other together.

I know that many of us have elves that hide scissors or rotary cutters but do any of you have elves that sew? If you do, would you consider renting out for a week or even a day?

Have a wonderful day. It is almost summer here in southwest Michigan and just lovely. If I could box up a day like today I would and open it in .... the winter. Blue sky and 64 degrees with just little puffy whisps of clouds moving in the breeze.