Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS

Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Hey everyone! I still don't have my fabric yet. I was told the mail from the States is delayed by the cold! I have been going home and finding something else to do each day:

-making a gift for my swap partner
-making cookies for a friend
-printing some new block patterns
-looking at my sewing room and cleaning it up just enough to keep my housekeeper husband from going in!

I hope, hope, hope my fabric comes today!

Gaijin
Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Ah, bless your heart. All these gorgeous pictures of finished blocks being posted and you still don't have your fabric yet...That is a bummer. The cold is beginning to let up a little here in NC. Maybe you'll have yours before long. Sure is some beautiful fabric in that package.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Aw, thanks, y'all.

how do you post more then one picture at a time
It's actually a bunch of little pictures that I combined into one bigger picture. I use a free photo editing program called PhotoScape, and it has a nifty "combine" feature that turns multiple photos into one. Something I like to do is make a test quilt block, snap a picture of it, and then make a combined photo using multiple views of that single picture. You can get a sneak peek of how the quilt will look when it's done.

PhotoScape is free, and can be downloaded from http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php if anyone is interested. It can do all the usual things as well, such as cropping, resizing, rotating, adjusting the colors, and lots more.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Finished two more blocks. Sure hope Groovy Pieces likes bright! 1st is blue lady, 2nd I groovy pieces. My camera doesn't take very good pictures. both are a LOT brighter in real time.

Joanelizbay . . . OOOOooooooooooooooooo! ! ! ! Lovin' It ! ! ! ! May I have the name of my block? Thanks bunches ! ! ! ! ! . . .
Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM

Totally understand. I look at the fabric, pick a pattern and then look to see if I have fabric that matches. Only problem is with hubby, no social security yet for men at his age, he could easily do a side job or 2 custom making cabinets and vanities, etc., which is what he does for a living, but then you have to have all the insurance and social security payments and etc..... What a pain. I owned grocery stores for years and when I was done I had a feeling it was time to be done. Thank heavens I was smart enough to get out before all the Walmarts and big chain stores came to town. Little individuals just can't compete, I had a great following but prices are prices. Very appreciative I had the opportunity to have my own business for many years but also glad I could retire when I wanted to. That "pay in" to social security kills you until retirement age. Advantage he has is that he pretty much works when he wants and takes off when he wants. He's building cabinets and bathroom vanities for my son's new house in Florida right now, think we'll have to take a trip and a little time off. Might have to ship them all and wait until the house is done so I can see the new....yup that would be smarter for sure!?!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Hot off the sewing machine!

I kinda got on a roll and used the same pattern (Greek Cross) for most of the blocks, with a few Churn Dashes thrown in. Hope nobody minds. The Greek Cross pattern is one of my favorites.

GroovyPieces - Very pretty and unusual fabric! Hope I did justice to it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]455578[/ATTACH]
Moonrise. . . . Justice has been served ! ! ! ! , Thanks, bunches . . . GP
Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=jaba;6501327]Nice block libster, love that fabric....it hasn't come out of the bag yet but it will tomorrow. Sewed on these today and finished difergie, groovy pieces, seasaw2mch, nancia and bluelady. Have 4 left to do and then I'm done. Hope you ladies like these blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455551[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455553[/ATTACH][/QUO
Jaba . . . . Excellent. . . Lovin' it . . . Thanks, bunches ! ! ! ! . . . GP
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Moonrise . . . Thanks for the link. . . GP
Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Bluelady, this one is yours. It's called"Spinning Star".
Bet Y'all can't tell I've been in a "star" mood today, now can you!?
Oh!! Love it! That blue is wonderful! Off to a great beginning for my future quilt!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Finished two more blocks. Sure hope Groovy Pieces likes bright! 1st is blue lady, 2nd I groovy pieces. My camera doesn't take very good pictures. both are a LOT brighter in real time.
Joanelizbay, that looks GREAAAAT!! Lots of movement and bright colors! What a fun block!