Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS

Mamahauser I love the block you made from my fabric. Terriamn

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    "Jan, would you just die if you knew that was the block I'd picked out for you for our side swap? I ended up using something else (obviously) but that just made me laugh a little."
    Not a problem Kelly, just make me another block

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Lucky me, I have to go to Billings, MT. tomorrow, the closest JoAnn's to me and I will look. It is so beautiful.
    Yes there is three fabrics that go together hope you find them.

Completed block mailings - info

Many in this group are simply flying through their block making! Wow! I thought I'd have more time before having to post a reminder about return shipping, but I'd better not wait.

When all your blocks are made, first, be sure to wrap them securely in plastic wrap or a quart size (not larger) zip bag. I know some of you like to use the large bags to avoid folding the fabric much, but ladies, this is fabric and they can be folded and then pressed upon receipt by the owner. It's easier to put a package together with small zip baggies than it is to deal with large ones. (Also, I'd prefer if you have the bags without the "zipper", please use those. You know the "old fashioned" kind that you press the edges to seal rather than use the zipper. You might be surprised to find how much those unyielding zippers affect a large package.) Second, BE SURE TO LABEL EACH BAGGIE WITH THE OWNER'S NAME AND YOUR NAME. My greatest fear isn't shipping losses, it's receiving a package of blocks, wrapped in that horrible sticky wrap, all unmarked. Now that's a nightmare. Third, remember to send a prepaid return Priority envelope, unless you've already sent me enough cash to cover the return mailing costs. (Those with a "credit" have already gotten notice of that with your tracking # email. Those of you who owe me money for the original mailing, you will need to make it up BEFORE I return your completed blocks. I won't cover anyone this time around.) Fourth, if you are in both groups, you will need to advise me of whether you want to wait for blocks from the Slow & Easy group, and plan your return shipping accordingly. And finally, fifth, the IN MY HANDS DEADLINE FOR THIS GROUP IS MARCH 6, 2014.

Anyone with questions, please EMAIL me as I am likely to see the email sooner than a PM or a post on here. In the meantime, keep on stitching!

Blog Entries
    Wow, I am inspired!! I love every single block I see. It is amazing how many different ideas there are out there for each piece of fabric. I can't wait to see all the quilts together. I always worry that my block won't match what everyone else does, so far it all looks good. I have 3 finished and another almost finished. I would have finished that one, but I kept having to rip it out!!
    Bluelady- I worried about finding the colors and ended up with more than I could use. I like bright, you said bright, I hope you like it!!! Fun to do. Not sure if it has a name, I just made it up, but I am sure I'm not the first. LOL
    Mamahouser- I love your fabric. I wanted to make sure it was properly showcased. I have wanted to do a snails trail for a long time. I like it, I hope you do, too. pattern said 12" block, never thought they wouldn't add in the seam allowance. I will check that from now on. the item they had it in showed it with dark sashing and I liked that.
    Nancia- You said scrappy. I hope you meant it. I like to do foundation piecing if I am doing a scrappy. I have been in a "scrappy" mood lately so it fit right in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Hi - Finished my first 2 blocks and they should be posted tonight - can't remember whose blocks... My plan is to do an additional block for anyone that I have enough extra fabric for. (After I finish everyone's first block.) I do not need any extra fabric back from my F8. I am loving the blocks being posted - great talent in this swap!

I do not need any fabric back either!

Wow so many good looking blocks here I'm sure all the quilts will be beautiful when we finally get them together.
    I got back into the sewing room last night and emerged with 2 more blocks this morning.

Difergie block is Wheel of Fortune
    Gaijin block is Sun Shine

Jaba, I will have to wait on doing your because I don't have your Ivory shade in stock. (LOL my stash) Mine is a shade darker then what you sent so I have to go to town to see if I can find your color.

I think Libster's is next to work on and I think it was NanaKathy that wanted the Scrap Happy, I'm saving your for last because I'm thinking about adding the scraps from all the blocks into yours. I don't know how that will work since I've never done a scrappy block before but keep your fingers crossed that I figure it out. LOL

ok I'm off to do Libster's

Name:  terriamn.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  116.0 KBName:  Gaijin.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  77.7 KBName:  Libster.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.1 KBName:  seasaw2much.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  104.2 KB
    Here are my four for the week...you can tell who's is whose...(is that gramatically correct?)....Libster, I know you said white only but I ran out of your fabric and I tried to make it inconspicious....am having fun doing these and love all the ones you all have been posting...love the 'wheel of fortune', thanks seasaw! back to the drawing board....sew happy

Blog Entries
    See those are Beautiful blocks!!! I love paper piecing...just cant get the hang of it!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

"Libster, I know you said white only but I ran out of your fabric and I tried to make it inconspicious."

Difergie.. I only meant white or WOW for background. Any other matching color(s) would be great. I love the block you did! Thank you so much.
    Seesaw2mch...those are seriously gorgeous blocks! I so admire people who have conquered paper piecing. We each have our talents, but paper piecing just ain't one of mine.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Okay.. here's one for Gaijin. It's called "Paths & Stiles". Hope you like it.

Joanelizbay..this one is yours. It's "Brasstown Star". I tried to choose a pattern that looked "manly" to me. Hope I succeeded.

Name:  Gaijin.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  77.7 KBName:  Libster.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.1 KBName:  seasaw2much.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  104.2 KB

Love these Di...each and everyone....had to take a look see ...what the fast and furious boomers are upto. Can't wait to see all the quilts when finished.

Here are my four for the week...you can tell who's is whose...(is that gramatically correct?)....Libster, I know you said white only but I ran out of your fabric and I tried to make it inconspicious....am having fun doing these and love all the ones you all have been posting...love the 'wheel of fortune', thanks seasaw! back to the drawing board....sew happy[/QUOTE]

wow those blocks are BEAUTIFUL!!! so many talented Ladies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I so admire people who have conquered paper piecing. We each have our talents, but paper piecing just ain't one of mine.

Are you kidding me? LOL I don't have it conquered it has me under it's control. I will not tell you how many "sew & rips then sew angains" I had to do before getting it right but thank you for that compliment.

Blog Entries
    Libster I LOVE it...the brown sets it off as "manly" to me! Im just loving how everyone is adding a "pink" to Gaijins fabric. I just absolutely love her fabric and think it would make a very romantic quilt. Libster, I totally agree with you on paper piecing. Its beautiful but I always waste a lot more fabric than just piecing. I finished 2 more blocks tonight. Have 3 more already cut out and the rest waiting to cut. Hope you like these. Gaijin and Buslady.

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

Two blocks done so far: Bluelady & diFergie

First two are finished!

Wow! I love all the blocks with my fabric! Every single one is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks to you all.

Gaijin

P.S. I received my fabric and started my first block!

Abby's Mom..very nice blocks. That burnt orange works so well with the focus fabric. Love the other block too.

Gaijin..glad your fabric finally made it to you. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Nancia..this one is yours. It's "Steps To The Alter".

Groovy Pieces.. yours is "Alpine Cross". Hope you like it.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
    wow those blocks are BEAUTIFUL!!! so many talented Ladies!!!!
    I agree Linda, nice blocks being made!
    Found the fabric yesterday in Billings and the 2 co-ordinates, yippee!! Did I buy it? yes maam, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Groovy Pieces.. yours is "Alpine Cross". Hope you like it.
    WWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww ! ! ! ! SWEET. . . Thanks, bunches . . . .GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Finished two more blocks today . lst is Scrapbook Star for Libster and the 2nd is Patience Block for Jaba. Jaba did you find that fabric at Joanns? I might have to go over to Columbia tomorrow to see if they have it here..it sure is pretty.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast