Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS

Old 12-30-2013, 06:17 PM

Groovy pieces, welcome to our little group! You're gonna love doin' this! Can't wait to add brights to your brights! Love wild and wonderful!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 PM

Groovy pieces! I love that Phoenix fabric! I used it a few years ago in a quilt. I wonder.. hmm.. if I have any pf the coordinates around for it.... Even if i don't, I have many many bright fabrics that will look fabulous with it! Or with your second fabric!

I can't wait to get started on all the blocks!!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:25 AM

OK F&F ladies, Squishies have been mailed to:

Nancia
Seasaw2mch
Difergie
Jaba
Joanelizbay
bluelady
moonrise
abby's mom
ljdugas
libster
Gaijin

Squishies to those people who are in 2 groups and requested a single mailing with the S&E group have not been mailed out.

I have sent individual emails with tracking #s. I have endeavored to type them correctly but if you find they aren't in the system, EMAIL me and I will double check the #.

Happy New Year!
Janice
Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 PM

Omg, Janice . Do you have a bulldog? My dd is insane about them. Tell me about your fur baby and the wip on the floor. I hope your sister is recovering well from her surgery, and the family is holding together.
Can't wait to get going on the blocks! This girl needs thinking time, lol.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:42 PM

Nancia, she's a pitbull and the biggest baby on Earth. She's a bit over 2 years old. We've had her about 15 months but have known her since she was 8 weeks old. She's crazy for frisbee and any tuggy games. She's sweet and gets along well with my old dog but she's afraid of my cat who really runs the house. She was my son's pup but when he had a job transfer to CA, he couldn't take her so we snatched her up and will never let her go. (My other son has what we think is a half bulldog, half boxer. He's a gentle giant.) The wip she's "helping" with is a bunch of depression blocks from the monthly quilting bee swap on this board. My partners have been making them all this year. A few more months and some side swaps, and I'll have enough to start putting them together. I'm crazy for scrappy blocks and these depression blocks from Quilter's Cache hit all the right notes with me. Thanks for asking about both dog and wip!
Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Omg, Janice . Do you have a bulldog? My dd is insane about them. Tell me about your fur baby and the wip on the floor. I hope your sister is recovering well from her surgery, and the family is holding together.
Can't wait to get going on the blocks! This girl needs thinking time, lol.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:45 PM

Swappers, since f8s are on the way, be sure to go to the gallery to check that your fabric is there along with any color requests you may wish to add. Often, more detailed instructions will come with the f8s so if in doubt, be sure to rely on the written instructions with the f8s. The gallery is more for ID purposes.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! (Only 14 minutes to go here in the East!)

www.boomerangswaps.weebly.com
Old 01-02-2014, 03:42 AM

My DD is obsessed with Pitbulls. She has a red, Hennessey, and wants to get a blue nose. There is such controversy about them, but hers is also a "gentle giant". Torments my old dog and isn't sure what to do with my cat. She is smart and just stays away. LOL Pits aren't allowed in our park and that ticks her off, so she brings him over once in a while. Makes me a wreck!! I love him to pcs, but don't want to get kicked out!! LOL Just love our pets, don't you?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 AM

I had a pit/lab mix that i adored, but my dh was never comfortable with him. He was 65 lbs of muscle and totally ruled by a 5 lb cat! Granted, the cat was a brat, and even the kids gave her wide berth! His name was Cadbury , and as sweet as the chocolate, too. Now i have equally mushy cocker spaniels. Gotta have my snuggle buddies!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 AM

My son had a brindle pit who was scared to death of the beagle his girlfriend had. The gentlest dog you could ever want. Of course Boonville decided pits were dangerous so were not allowed in the city limits. I illegally had him for 5 years till one of my "new nice neighbors" decided they didnt want him in my back yard so called the dog catcher. Marbles had an open sore on his head and the vet said it was cancer so we had him put to sleep instead of letting them kill him because he was a "pit".

My 8 year old granddaughter drew a picture of my son on poster board for Christmas, holding a "card"...when you opened the card on the picture there was a bright red heart where my sons heart would be...when you opened the heart she had drawn a picture of Marbles on it...talk about a tear jerker...my son and I both cried..my daughter in law just shook her head at us but I could tell she was moved too! We have his ashes in my sons house, trying to decide what to do with them.Its SO unfair to label dogs by breed...its what the owner makes them! When I was a kid it was german shepards, then dobermans, then rots...now pits..wonder what will be next??? So sad.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Received my squishies today...what pretty fabric! Can't wait to begin.....family leaves today so tomorrow I am going to sit and stare at a wall, recoup and then start to take Christmas stuff down...then back to my routine and sewing...