Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS

Blog Entries
    This is so depressing. What gorgeous blocks! I hope you are all ready for something simple to go with them! Lol, but seriously! I am totally intimidated! But everyone needs a block for the back, right? I hope to get really going on them today!
    Just LOVE what you've made for me! Yup, Scrap happy means scrappy! I have saved pieces of each i sent out so plan on a piano key border, but i' m totally scrappy on this one! It gives you a great way to use up any extra pieces from all the gorgeous fabrics you have left over from everyone else's blocks! Just have fun! Bottom line, that's what I'm planning on doing!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

" lst is Scrapbook Star for Libster "

Joanelizbay- I've never seen this block before. I love it! Thank you so much.
    Y'all, we're going to have some fabulous quilts from this swap.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    Name:  Libster.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  843.5 KB - Libster
    Name:  LJDugas.jpg
Size:  830.4 KB - LJDugas
    Mischief Managed.

TheMamaHauser- what's the name of this beautiful block you made for me? I've not seen it before either. Thank you for making it for me.

Blog Entries
    Nancia, its amazing that this swap group let me participate after the lst boom I did! I had just started quilting again after not doing any for years and the fabric I sent out was hideous...I didn't "measure" and cut after sewing the blocks as I went so Im sure a lot of them went home as NOT 12 1/2" like they were suppose to...Thanks heavens I got a lot of support and encouragement from people in this group and after doing 6 or 7 of the swaps Im hoping that Ive improved A LOT!! LOL...practice, practice, practice...I keep telling myself that everytime I try to paper piece but so far its not working! Im sure ALL your blocks will be super!!

Libster, I have no idea where the pattern comes from,someone made it for me many booms ago and she sent me the hand made pattern.. I love it with blues.
    Last edited by joanelizbay; 01-11-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    TheMamaHauser- what's the name of this beautiful block you made for me? I've not seen it before either. Thank you for making it for me.
    I don't actually know - I named it the 4-patch whirlygig but I am 100% positive that is not the "real" name. I tend to surf Pinterest & Google and print pictures I like and then just do the size figuring when I decide to use them. Unfortunately, the names usually get lost in the mix.
    Last edited by TheMamaHauser; 01-11-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    Last one for today...back to more cutting! This is Four Square for LJ Dugas. I really LOVE that fabric..am wondering what the other two that coordinate with it look like? Guess it just might take a trip to Joanns to find out! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Yes Joan I found the fabric, and the co-ordinates. I'm on the ice packs tonight but will take a pic of the other 2 and post it for you tomorrow. Made Miss Dugas another block today, think I'm auditioning for what I want to do with mine. Thanks Linda for some more beautiful fabric. Here's your second block, I have an 1"x1" and a 1 1/4"x4" piece left....Name:  DSCF1812.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  1.23 MB

Blog Entries
    Went downstairs and took a photo for you Joan, here's what I found. Then cut out another block for you but it's not sewn yet. Really am done for the night nowName:  DSCF1813.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  1.27 MBName:  DSCF1814.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  1.20 MB I may change this lighter brown tomorrow, think I like the darker chocolate that I used in your other block better and then figured your hubby needed a little love (hearts) too. What do you think?

Wow wow wow!!!!! I love my blocks thank you ladies so much!!! I will be posting all the blocks i have made for you tomorrow,hope you all like them.

Don't feel bad because I went back and checked mine because they looked a tad bit short on the 12 1/2" size and found that I will have to redo a few. Boy that really bites my butt when the patterns don't measure up. I'm about ready to throw all the patterns away and draw up my own. At least I will know they will be the right size when I'm done.
    Oh well time to back up and regroup.

Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Nancia, its amazing that this swap group let me participate after the lst boom I did! I had just started quilting again after not doing any for years and the fabric I sent out was hideous...I didn't "measure" and cut after sewing the blocks as I went so Im sure a lot of them went home as NOT 12 1/2" like they were suppose to...Thanks heavens I got a lot of support and encouragement from people in this group and after doing 6 or 7 of the swaps Im hoping that Ive improved A LOT!! LOL...practice, practice, practice...I keep telling myself that everytime I try to paper piece but so far its not working! Im sure ALL your blocks will be super!!

Libster, I have no idea where the pattern comes from,someone made it for me many booms ago and she sent me the hand made pattern.. I love it with blues.

Jaba

Jaba, completed your block today. It was a new to me block and felt like I was working on a jigsaw puzzle. Good grief had to keep turning the pieces this way and that but was happy once i got my head around it. Will send pictures tomorrow. Terriamn

Ok!! first block done! So fun with this fabric! For some silly reason, it reminded me of the Eye Of Sauron. :P
    The fabric I added is almost exactly the same ivory tone as your sample, it just looks whiter in this picture.
    Name of the block is Broken Wheel

Blog Entries
    Jaba, the darker brown matched the lst block perfectly. You have good eye for color matches to whatever you choose will be great! Thanks for posting the coordinating fabric....lj sure picked the prettier of the two for the F8's...would be interesting to try to incorporate the stripes ...hmmmm....

Oh..and No hubby...just for a friend.. That's why I have so much time for quilting....husbands are almost needier than kids!

Blog Entries
    Bluelady, looks fabulous, and you even got the eyes in there. Thank you so much, love it.
    Joan I like the chocolate brown better too, changing it today, then sew.
    I am going to incorporate those strips but not as long pieces, will be cutting it in sections to use with different block patterns for borders, kind of round robin type. Then maybe a thin strip or 2 in it somewhere. Hardly do straight strips for borders anymore, like the different movements and want to make sure I get the purples and turquoise in there. Ordered some black and white Kona and am waiting for it to come to make a "Storm at Sea" ...I'm sure that one will test my patience a bunch but I love the pattern and so does the hubby. Oh and I have lots of time to sew too, he has his own hobbies

Blog Entries
    Finished two more. Off to see grandkids..yeah.. Terriamn I hope this isn't too "bright"...I kind of liked it when it was done! Orange is Terriamn, Rust is NanaKathy

Joanelizbay..Girl, you are on a roll!! Love both of these.

here are the blocks you have been waiting for......... these are the blocks that I made for...

Ok I spent last night fixing all the blocks that were off and finished Libster's as well, then started on Nancia's Scrappy block

Libster block is an alternate LeMoyne
    Nancia this is a tease picture just to show you how it's coming along LOL I will let you know the block name when I'm done.

WOW!!! Saying I love it does not even begin to do justice to that one! I can't wait to get all these blocks put together.

Nancia..that tease looks pretty darn good to me too!

Edited to add: I keep going back and looking and telling myself that that block is MINE! Yippee!!
    Last edited by Libster; 01-12-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Name:  nancia.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  124.4 KBName:  jaba.jpg
Size:  89.4 KBName:  groovypieces.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  92.7 KB
    Here are three more from me....love all the blocks, this group really is 'fast and furious'!

OTE=Difergie;6508882]Name:  nancia.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  124.4 KBName:  jaba.jpg
Size:  89.4 KBName:  groovypieces.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  92.7 KB
    Here are three more from me....love all the blocks, this group really is 'fast and furious'![/QUOTE].

I like them all. Very nice! I especially like the design of the second one. The center "eye" is striking!

Blog Entries
    Dif, whos block is the superhumans one? I like that design a LOT...Such pretty blocks being made! Here is my last one for the day...got 2 more already cut and 2 to cut. I was just getting depressed because when Im done with the Fast and Furious and send them back to Janice its a LONG time till the slow group gets done and we can start another one!

This is Butterfly Blooms block for SeaSaw

ok ladies something went wrong on pictures so my sister is gonna try to post them!!

Joan..the superman is Nancia's scrappy theme..I have to admit I love the comic material she sent...

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast