Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 12-07-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
DH went to PO yesterday and they didn't have the padded envelopes, but that won't stop me - will still be sent somehow tomorrow with tracking!!
travelinggramma, you need to go online to the official post office site and order the free padded envelopes there. I don't think your local post office stocks them. They're free for the asking.
Could someone post the correct url for that for our newer ladies? I don't have it on hand right now. I order the largest amount because I know I'm going to need them for the Booms. It's so nice to have them on hand and just pull one out as I need it. If you order them now, you may not get them in time to mail your F8s to Janice this time, but you'll have them to return your finished blocks in. (You'll also have them on hand for Boom 15. It's never to early to think ahead. We all know we're hooked and we're going to do the Booms again!)
Old 12-07-2014, 06:24 PM

Here's my fabric again. I'm asking for white on white (WOW) background and NO browns please. I love the lighter blues in this fabric. Any pattern is fine with me as long as it's 12 1/2" square! I can't wait to see what y'all make for me.
Attached Thumbnails boom14-001-2b-1.bmp  

Last edited by Libster; 12-07-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Will try to mail mine tomorrow, they are ready to go. Just got a new computer so changing everything around, have all the network to redo and the printer's. Printer's are giving me fits!! Tomorrow hopefully I will be successful at that.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:50 PM

The USPS PADDED FLAT RATE ENVELOPE is FREE at USPS.com. It is almost exclusively available ONLINE, NOT at your local post office. You must establish an account with usps.com but you do NOT need to supply a credit card unless you are ordering something that costs money. These are free but they take up to 3 weeks to get, depending upon the time of year. I believe you can order them in groups of 5. I order 30 at a time so I've still got some left over from Boom 14. Now, you do not have to mail to me in this envelope but I will mail to you in one.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
travelinggramma, you need to go online to the official post office site and order the free padded envelopes there. I don't think your local post office stocks them. They're free for the asking.
Could someone post the correct url for that for our newer ladies? I don't have it on hand right now. I order the largest amount because I know I'm going to need them for the Booms. It's so nice to have them on hand and just pull one out as I need it. If you order them now, you may not get them in time to mail your F8s to Janice this time, but you'll have them to return your finished blocks in. (You'll also have them on hand for Boom 15. It's never to early to think ahead. We all know we're hooked and we're going to do the Booms again!)

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-07-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:34 PM

Jaba what program are you running on new system? I have windows 8.1 and Im not liking it too well. Cant figure out how to associate files with programs and how to stop the split screen from popping up....haven't even tried to hook up printer yet!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:53 PM

I have my fabric picked out... I should wash it tonight. And dry it.
Tomorrow will be too busy to press cut and package, so that's a Wednesday night thing. Maybe..
Maybe Thursday I can get to the Post Office. If not, maybe over weekend. Luckily, my PO has a 24 hour self serve kiosk, so I can go after hours. I seem to be over flowing with "Maybes."
I shall post a picture here.. the flowers are about the size of a quarter. And are rimmed in gold metallic. All I ask is that you try to match the colors of the flowers or leaves. Oh, no black. That would look silly. White is fine though. And a bit of the dark blue background color is fine too, if you want..
Just make my fabric the focus, make it shine! and all will be fine...
Applique, Paper pieced, regular pieced, Angle Play pieced, it's all good.
Attached Thumbnails boom14-fabric.jpg  
Old 12-07-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's my fabric again. I'm asking for white on white (WOW) background and NO browns please. I love the lighter blues in this fabric. Any pattern is fine with me as long as it's 12 1/2" square! I can't wait to see what y'all make for me.
Libster! Hi!
Do you want ONLY WOW, or are you saying to use WOW for background and some lighter blue fabric to compliment your lovely fabric? Just clarifying!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Jaba what program are you running on new system? I have windows 8.1 and Im not liking it too well. Cant figure out how to associate files with programs and how to stop the split screen from popping up....haven't even tried to hook up printer yet!
Good luck hooking your printer up. I'm using 8.1 too, but I haven't been able to get this computer to recognize either of my printers yet. I've downloaded new drivers and it still won't work for me. Whoever came up with 8 & 8.1 sure didn't do me any favors. I HATE both of them. Why did they have to change everything so drastically?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:11 PM

No I knew better than windows 8, have always hated it and my tech guy told me it was really for the very very experienced techie person... I got the professional Windows 7. I'm done, so frustrated calling a computer guy tomorrow and just have him come and do it. It's usually so easy and I know it's got to be something really simple but the more I try the more upset I get. That doesn't help either! It's something in the wireless connection that I don't have set right for 3 computers and 2 printers.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
I have my fabric picked out... I should wash it tonight. And dry it.
Tomorrow will be too busy to press cut and package, so that's a Wednesday night thing. Maybe..
Maybe Thursday I can get to the Post Office. If not, maybe over weekend. Luckily, my PO has a 24 hour self serve kiosk, so I can go after hours. I seem to be over flowing with "Maybes."
I shall post a picture here.. the flowers are about the size of a quarter. And are rimmed in gold metallic. All I ask is that you try to match the colors of the flowers or leaves. Oh, no black. That would look silly. White is fine though. And a bit of the dark blue background color is fine too, if you want..
Just make my fabric the focus, make it shine! and all will be fine...
Applique, Paper pieced, regular pieced, Angle Play pieced, it's all good.
WOW I Love your fabric!!!!!!!,Cant wait to make your block!