Boomerang Friendship Swap 3.0
Completed blocks due home by December 15, 2010
Hello and welcome to the Boomerang Friendship Swap. This swap is about a great opportunity to get a large number of blocks from all over the world made by our online quilting friends. This swap will be limited to 36 people. There will be a three week sign up window and after the three weeks you will have 4 months to complete all blocks.
This swap is open to anyone and everyone in the group no matter where you may reside no matter your skill level and no matter if you are a new member or an old one . This is a great way to get a larger amount of blocks to make a bigger quilt out of from all of your online friends.
How it works:
1) You will select a fabric or selection of fabrics from your stash (or you can buy new-up to you) and cut them in to Fat Eighths (18 x 11).
2) You will send each member in the swap one F8 to work with. The person who receives the fabric will make you a block with your fabric in it.
3) You may advise the person of colors you would prefer they use or not use but please do not request specific blocks. This is meant to be a “friendship” swap where your friends pick, design and create a beautiful 12.5” unfinished block for you based on the fabric you send them.
4) In turn you will receive an F8 from each member in the swap and have to make them a block.
(please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps announced through the board: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm )
1) Please make sure all fabric is prewashed prior to making the block and sending it home.
2) When sending your fabric please make sure it is in some kind of sealed item (Ziploc baggy, saran wrap) with a piece of paper or even a peel-off label with your name, address and quilt board name so that the items are protected and won’t get mixed up. Please do this when returning blocks as well. (This way if for some unhuman reason the PO mangles a package the plastic has a chance at saving the work and with an address visible it just might make it home)
3) Please handle all fabric received with the utmost care and place it somewhere where it won’t be lost or forgotten about.
4) In order to help keep track of the blocks sent and received I will be emailing out a chart to all members who participate so that you may fill it in as we go.
5) All blocks should be 12.5” unfinished. They can be regular pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd-whatever the quilter decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this.
6) You may sign the back of the block if you wish to or perhaps pin a small muslin square with your name, where you live and what the name of the block is.
7) Please measure your block before mailing it. We all started somewhere but it is nice to be able to get all the blocks back measuring the same size so the quilt can go together nicely.
8) Please make a block that you yourself would be happy and proud to call your own.
9) This is a one block per swapper swap. You will have to make 35 blocks. Please be aware of this before you commit yourself if you do not think you would be comfortable making 35 blocks in 4 months.
10) Please be courteous to our swappers and post when you receive either someone's fabric or a completed block. This helps us to know the postal gremlins are not at work lol
11) Have FUN!!! This swap will let you explore your creativity as you do not have to make the same block for everyone. You can try that block you always wanted to. Try new fabrics, new colors...step outside of your comfort zone in to a different box
PLEASE DO NOT SEND FABRICS/BLOCKS WITH PERFUME OR OVERWHELMING FRAGRANCES ON THEM DUE TO ALLERGIES. THERE MAY BE MEMBERS OR FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HAVE SEVERE ALLERGIES TO CERTAIN THINGS SO PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO NOT SEND ANYTHING THAT COULD CAUSE AN ATTACK
Also please remember when posting on the board to use members board names and not their real names. This is a courtesy to our members as the information here can be seen publicly and we do not want anyone to have that private info.
Just one more friendly reminder-please make sure your packages have proper postage on them-if you are unsure either take them to the PO or throw another stamp on. We do not want anyone to have to incur any extra expense during this fun time
I think you will find yourself enjoying the blocks because you can work at your pace as they come in as long as they are all out by the established deadline once the swap is closed.
If you are interested in joining please PM me with your full name, address, home number and your email address. I will compile a complete list of all members and send out an email to everyone with addresses and the worksheet for keeping track. (the worksheet will also be able for you to mail merge to make labels instead of hand writing all the envelopes )
To anyone whom I already have your information I do not need you to send it again just send me a quick PM to confirm you still want to be included. I know this may seem redundant but I want to make sure those who want to be in are in.
I look forward to swapping with those of you who join in!
Again I look forward to swapping with you all and let's have some fun! If you check these two threads you will see some of the awesome work that is done:
As always please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns-I am always happy to help
PS-For previous swappers please note I kept the number of blocks the same but changed the deadline to 4 months