Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2533

Thread: Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

To all my friends, I have mailed out 12 blocks and will be finishing all the other and get in mail Friday or Saturday. Please forgive me. Have a sick mother whom I have been caring for since Christmas. Have not been around my sewing machine but 3 times since then. I hope all will like their blocks. Thanks for letting me do this swap with you all.

I have been busy stitching my blocks together into a King Sized quilt for my bed. I'll post a photo later today, probably, when its all together. Then I have to decide whether to quilt it myself on my Janome or to send it out to a long arm quilter. I sure wish I could just "borrow time" on one of those machines!

hugs, Jup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I have been busy stitching my blocks together into a King Sized quilt for my bed. I'll post a photo later today, probably, when its all together. Then I have to decide whether to quilt it myself on my Janome or to send it out to a long arm quilter. I sure wish I could just "borrow time" on one of those machines!

hugs, Jup
    Do you have any LQS near you that have classes on the long arm machines? Two in my area do and after taking the class, you can "rent" time on them. My favorite part is that you do not put the quilt sandwich together! I always hated putting the parts together and pinning or basting them to keep everything flat. I'm starting to put my top together also. Since several people sent two blocks, I only had to make a couple more.

Michelle, I got your block yesterday. Your block will be in the mail tomorrow.

I hadn't thought about taking a class/rental.... I'll have to look into that. I, too, have a really hard time getting a quilt sandwich tightly together, especially if it is a large quilt.

I was thankful to the partners who sent 2 blocks instead of just one. I had to make 2 more blocks, but now I have enough. Two more strips to stitch onto the whole, and then decide on a border. I used a 3" strip of my focus fabric as sashing. It makes all the blocks flow together nicely. I'll post a photo in a day or two.

hugs, Jup

Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone

hugs, Jup
    Do you have any LQS near you that have classes on the long arm machines? Two in my area do and after taking the class, you can "rent" time on them. My favorite part is that you do not put the quilt sandwich together! I always hated putting the parts together and pinning or basting them to keep everything flat. I'm starting to put my top together also. Since several people sent two blocks, I only had to make a couple more.

Put my blocks together and they look great. Only thing I learned is buy enough of the main fabric for borders, oh well I did for Boom #4 and #5 Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Barbara ~ your quilt is beautiful!! I am hoping to get mine together real soon. You have a wonderful Easter, too.

Very nice! Mine haven't moved from their resting place since I got them back :)

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    I just want to thank everyone for an awesome swap!! You all did such an aweome job :thumbup:

I love the boomerang swaps more than any other type I've done - & that's from 3 different forums :!: The most fun for me is the search for the perfect (hopefully!) coordinating fabrics & pattern to use for each person's fabric. The most difficult oftentimes is the keeping track :roll: :!: I start off great - then life gets in the way, I set an envie aside...well, you all probably know what happens next! :roll: :lol:

I haven't been watching the posts for a few weeks now (I'm bad :thumbdown: ) but I also haven't gotten emails that any have been made :thumbdown: :-( - for this thread or any of the others I've bookmarked. I know this happens occasionally, I'll just have to pay closer attention ---- I feel like I've totally lost connection with you all! :-( :-(

I'll be watching for #5 after all. 'Had thought I'd bow out for the gardening season, but since it's STILL RAINING! - the garden may never happen this year :thumbdown:

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone! & watch out #5! Here I come :!: :thumbup:

Barbara I love your top-beautiful!! what inspiration for those wanting to join but afraid of what may come back-thank you for sharing!

Montana-Thank you for the kind words...I may have to put in some swapper comments in the main description of the Boomerang swap so we can have even more :-)

Hugs
    April

My second is on the quilting frame and had to wait for a repair to the frame but now that is done and can hopefully finish this week or next! Will post a pic when done!

Quote Originally Posted by shaysmema
    Put my blocks together and they look great. Only thing I learned is buy enough of the main fabric for borders, oh well I did for Boom #4 and #5 Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
    Very nice quilt top!

An update on missing blocks: dawson.tracy35, mbogenpohl, new2quilting, odessaquilts, quiltergirl80, - let me know if this isn't right

I handed off my king sized quilt top to a local long arm quilter. I can't wait to get it back... she said a couple of weeks.... I really will post a photo when I get it in my hot little hands again! I love how the top turned out. I can just imagine the whole quilt sitting on my bed by day, and snuggling me and my hubby at night.

hugs, Jupiter

Blog Entries
    I handed off my king sized quilt top to a local long arm quilter. I can't wait to get it back... she said a couple of weeks.... I really will post a photo when I get it in my hot little hands again! I love how the top turned out. I can just imagine the whole quilt sitting on my bed by day, and snuggling me and my hubby at night.

hugs, Jupiter
    Jupiter i can't wait to see it!!!

Jupiter - Good for you :thumbup: :!: that you have it finished! I AM impressed :!:
    Unfortunately my blocks are still that...blocks! When I get these graduation & baby quilts done, my intent is to hit the boomerang pile. There is such potential just patiently waiting on me... :?

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!!!

My finished Boomerang 3 king size quilt is finished and on my bed. Too hot to sleep under yet, but this Fall we will be cuddled up nicely. Thanks to all of you who contributed to my blocks for this quilt.

hugs, Jupiter

Center is a trapunto piece I made in a local class
    Name:  Attachment-226299.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  394.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is pretty!

Blog Entries
    Very pretty! Thanks for posting. It is always fun to see the block you made in a finished boomerang quilt!

very nice indeed!

I'd forgotten to post my finished quilt of the remaining blocks from this swap! My friend cried when she got it! She loves critters and I had saved those blocks for hers. I wasn't happy with the way I did the quilting since I had so much trouble with my machine but she didn't care and loved it.

quilt front
    Name:  Attachment-226318.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  77.6 KB

My friend Nancy
    Name:  Attachment-226319.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  67.3 KB

quilt front
    Name:  Attachment-226320.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  76.1 KB

back of quilt
    Name:  Attachment-226321.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  58.2 KB

Beautiful! & I see my block:)
    I really love the center!! - it makes the quilt IMHO :thumbup:

Wow beautiful trapunto center Jupiter and I love how the quilts came out Jupiter and KarenB....thank you so much for sharing and inspiring others :D
    Hugs
    April

Beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    I'd forgotten to post my finished quilt of the remaining blocks from this swap! My friend cried when she got it! She loves critters and I had saved those blocks for hers. I wasn't happy with the way I did the quilting since I had so much trouble with my machine but she didn't care and loved it.
    Love the sashing and border on this quilt!

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 LastLast