Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2533

Thread: Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

  1. #2501
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    157
    To all my friends, I have mailed out 12 blocks and will be finishing all the other and get in mail Friday or Saturday. Please forgive me. Have a sick mother whom I have been caring for since Christmas. Have not been around my sewing machine but 3 times since then. I hope all will like their blocks. Thanks for letting me do this swap with you all.

  2. #2502
    Senior Member Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    in my studio up to my chin in fabric
    Posts
    866
    I have been busy stitching my blocks together into a King Sized quilt for my bed. I'll post a photo later today, probably, when its all together. Then I have to decide whether to quilt it myself on my Janome or to send it out to a long arm quilter. I sure wish I could just "borrow time" on one of those machines!

    hugs, Jup

  3. #2503
    Super Member bibliostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,727
    Blog Entries
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I have been busy stitching my blocks together into a King Sized quilt for my bed. I'll post a photo later today, probably, when its all together. Then I have to decide whether to quilt it myself on my Janome or to send it out to a long arm quilter. I sure wish I could just "borrow time" on one of those machines!

    hugs, Jup
    Do you have any LQS near you that have classes on the long arm machines? Two in my area do and after taking the class, you can "rent" time on them. My favorite part is that you do not put the quilt sandwich together! I always hated putting the parts together and pinning or basting them to keep everything flat. I'm starting to put my top together also. Since several people sent two blocks, I only had to make a couple more.

  4. #2504
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Michelle, I got your block yesterday. Your block will be in the mail tomorrow.

  5. #2505
    Senior Member Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    in my studio up to my chin in fabric
    Posts
    866
    I hadn't thought about taking a class/rental.... I'll have to look into that. I, too, have a really hard time getting a quilt sandwich tightly together, especially if it is a large quilt.

    I was thankful to the partners who sent 2 blocks instead of just one. I had to make 2 more blocks, but now I have enough. Two more strips to stitch onto the whole, and then decide on a border. I used a 3" strip of my focus fabric as sashing. It makes all the blocks flow together nicely. I'll post a photo in a day or two.

    hugs, Jup

    Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I have been busy stitching my blocks together into a King Sized quilt for my bed. I'll post a photo later today, probably, when its all together. Then I have to decide whether to quilt it myself on my Janome or to send it out to a long arm quilter. I sure wish I could just "borrow time" on one of those machines!

    hugs, Jup
    Do you have any LQS near you that have classes on the long arm machines? Two in my area do and after taking the class, you can "rent" time on them. My favorite part is that you do not put the quilt sandwich together! I always hated putting the parts together and pinning or basting them to keep everything flat. I'm starting to put my top together also. Since several people sent two blocks, I only had to make a couple more.

  6. #2506
    Senior Member shaysmema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hammond, La
    Posts
    408
    Put my blocks together and they look great. Only thing I learned is buy enough of the main fabric for borders, oh well I did for Boom #4 and #5 Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #2507
    Senior Member nurse bonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Old Station, CA
    Posts
    625
    Barbara ~ your quilt is beautiful!! I am hoping to get mine together real soon. You have a wonderful Easter, too.

  8. #2508
    Senior Member wendsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    607
    Very nice! Mine haven't moved from their resting place since I got them back :)

  9. #2509
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    I just want to thank everyone for an awesome swap!! You all did such an aweome job :thumbup:

    I love the boomerang swaps more than any other type I've done - & that's from 3 different forums :!: The most fun for me is the search for the perfect (hopefully!) coordinating fabrics & pattern to use for each person's fabric. The most difficult oftentimes is the keeping track :roll: :!: I start off great - then life gets in the way, I set an envie aside...well, you all probably know what happens next! :roll: :lol:

    I haven't been watching the posts for a few weeks now (I'm bad :thumbdown: ) but I also haven't gotten emails that any have been made :thumbdown: :-( - for this thread or any of the others I've bookmarked. I know this happens occasionally, I'll just have to pay closer attention ---- I feel like I've totally lost connection with you all! :-( :-(

    I'll be watching for #5 after all. 'Had thought I'd bow out for the gardening season, but since it's STILL RAINING! - the garden may never happen this year :thumbdown:

    Again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone! & watch out #5! Here I come :!: :thumbup:

  10. #2510
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Barbara I love your top-beautiful!! what inspiration for those wanting to join but afraid of what may come back-thank you for sharing!

    Montana-Thank you for the kind words...I may have to put in some swapper comments in the main description of the Boomerang swap so we can have even more :-)

    Hugs
    April

  11. #2511
    Super Member KarenBarnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,132
    My second is on the quilting frame and had to wait for a repair to the frame but now that is done and can hopefully finish this week or next! Will post a pic when done!

  12. #2512
    Senior Member fryguymoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by shaysmema
    Put my blocks together and they look great. Only thing I learned is buy enough of the main fabric for borders, oh well I did for Boom #4 and #5 Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
    Very nice quilt top!

  13. #2513
    Junior Member jlin52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    139
    An update on missing blocks: dawson.tracy35, mbogenpohl, new2quilting, odessaquilts, quiltergirl80, - let me know if this isn't right

  14. #2514
    Senior Member Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    in my studio up to my chin in fabric
    Posts
    866
    I handed off my king sized quilt top to a local long arm quilter. I can't wait to get it back... she said a couple of weeks.... I really will post a photo when I get it in my hot little hands again! I love how the top turned out. I can just imagine the whole quilt sitting on my bed by day, and snuggling me and my hubby at night.

    hugs, Jupiter

  15. #2515
    Super Member ksea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,635
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I handed off my king sized quilt top to a local long arm quilter. I can't wait to get it back... she said a couple of weeks.... I really will post a photo when I get it in my hot little hands again! I love how the top turned out. I can just imagine the whole quilt sitting on my bed by day, and snuggling me and my hubby at night.

    hugs, Jupiter
    Jupiter i can't wait to see it!!!

  16. #2516
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    Jupiter - Good for you :thumbup: :!: that you have it finished! I AM impressed :!:
    Unfortunately my blocks are still that...blocks! When I get these graduation & baby quilts done, my intent is to hit the boomerang pile. There is such potential just patiently waiting on me... :?

  17. #2517
    Senior Member Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    in my studio up to my chin in fabric
    Posts
    866
    DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!!!

    My finished Boomerang 3 king size quilt is finished and on my bed. Too hot to sleep under yet, but this Fall we will be cuddled up nicely. Thanks to all of you who contributed to my blocks for this quilt.

    hugs, Jupiter

    Center is a trapunto piece I made in a local class
    Name:  Attachment-226299.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  394.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images



  18. #2518
    Super Member AngieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    3,255
    That is pretty!

  19. #2519
    Super Member bibliostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,727
    Blog Entries
    133
    Very pretty! Thanks for posting. It is always fun to see the block you made in a finished boomerang quilt!

  20. #2520
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,043
    very nice indeed!

  21. #2521
    Super Member KarenBarnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,132
    I'd forgotten to post my finished quilt of the remaining blocks from this swap! My friend cried when she got it! She loves critters and I had saved those blocks for hers. I wasn't happy with the way I did the quilting since I had so much trouble with my machine but she didn't care and loved it.

    quilt front
    Name:  Attachment-226318.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  77.6 KB

    My friend Nancy
    Name:  Attachment-226319.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  67.3 KB

    quilt front
    Name:  Attachment-226320.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  76.1 KB

    back of quilt
    Name:  Attachment-226321.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  58.2 KB

  22. #2522
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    Beautiful! & I see my block:)
    I really love the center!! - it makes the quilt IMHO :thumbup:

  23. #2523
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Wow beautiful trapunto center Jupiter and I love how the quilts came out Jupiter and KarenB....thank you so much for sharing and inspiring others :D
    Hugs
    April

  24. #2524
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clovis, NM
    Posts
    2,494
    Beautiful!

  25. #2525
    Super Member bibliostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,727
    Blog Entries
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    I'd forgotten to post my finished quilt of the remaining blocks from this swap! My friend cried when she got it! She loves critters and I had saved those blocks for hers. I wasn't happy with the way I did the quilting since I had so much trouble with my machine but she didn't care and loved it.
    Love the sashing and border on this quilt!

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.