Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 AM

Oh yeah!! me too, love that black and white!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:51 AM

Hi Cat18,

When I started to make your block, I looked into my stash and found a red print and a blue print that each had a black swirl in them. I had not yet seen your note about making them partiotic in color. I also found a white fabric with daisies sketched in black. I almost chose that one because I thought you might be making a black and white quilt. Boy am I glad I turned your fabric over and found your note before I started cutting! I put that black and white back, and used both the red and the blue. Its wild looking with all the swirls, but I love how it turned out. Guess you'll have to wait for the surprise in the mail.

I now have 4 blocks ready to send. Hopefully I'll get 2 more done so I can take the mob to the post office when they open again on Tuesday.

quilty hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Hey Cat18. Do you know the name of the mfg for the black & white flower fabric? I would love to make a tote out of it.
Thanks,
Shelley
Old 09-05-2010, 06:54 AM

ReneeBobby - your block is on its way :)
Old 09-05-2010, 08:41 AM

Jupiter, I just finished growing up your block, I really like it, I hope you do too. It will be on its way home come
Tuesday.

I thought I only had a bit of time to work on blocks today but then I checked the Nascar schedule and AWESOME! the race isn't on till 7:30 tonight. Should be able to get quite a few more done before that!!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Purplemem, take your time. Went to the eye Dr. Friday, and she said she had to get me back to reading, needed stronger eye glasses> I told her I didn't care about being able to read just get me back to being able to see the quilting. After all it's quilting that matters, and she laughed.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 AM

Lets quilt you lost a corner off the girl block, I'll send you a piece.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Ok ladys I posted this in the Main section but I feel really close to you all here so I'm going to post it here too. I hope that is allowed. My DH tells me I can spend up to $3100. on a new quilting machine and frame. I have looked at the Juki 98Q with the Grace pro and lots of extras for $2787. and also at the Babylock quilters choice professional with a pinnacale Frame for $2860. Can you all tell me which you think is better and why and if these two prices are good or not. The Juki comes with GMQ Pro, Juki TL-98Q, Pro SK, Pro Bundle, Lamp & Bulb, Plastic Pattern Perfect, SureStitch 10 Bobbins, Ultimate Guide Book, Laser Stylus, Practice Quilt, Quilt CAD, Skillbuilder 1&2 Combo with booklet #772
The Babylock only comes with the stitch regulator.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or advice you all could give.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
Ok ladys I posted this in the Main section but I feel really close to you all here so I'm going to post it here too. I hope that is allowed. My DH tells me I can spend up to $3100. on a new quilting machine and frame. I have looked at the Juki 98Q with the Grace pro and lots of extras for $2787. and also at the Babylock quilters choice professional with a pinnacale Frame for $2860. Can you all tell me which you think is better and why and if these two prices are good or not. The Juki comes with GMQ Pro, Juki TL-98Q, Pro SK, Pro Bundle, Lamp & Bulb, Plastic Pattern Perfect, SureStitch 10 Bobbins, Ultimate Guide Book, Laser Stylus, Practice Quilt, Quilt CAD, Skillbuilder 1&2 Combo with booklet #772

I dont know anything about sewing machines. But, I have quilted both with and without a stitch regulator and I know that you NEED that.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ksea

There was a quilter in the midwest that had a Juki set up for $2500 just recently. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59591-1.htm I almost bought it but would have had to pay for shipping. I bought something a little bit closer to home. Now just to set it up and give it a whirl!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:25 PM

Kathy N, you sent a block but it isn't my fabric. (It's beautiful and I hate to part with it but I suppose I'll have to!) I can post a pic tomorrow if you'd like me to just forward it to the appropriate person. Mine was a piece of blue along with some samples of all 7 fabrics I sent to everyone.