Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-10-2010, 05:02 PM

I got another hug block-yippeee!! This beautiful ray of sunshine was from bibliostone. Thank you sooo very much it is beautiful and I love it. I already have an idea brewing in my head on how I am going to put this quilt top together. Thank you all again from the very bottom of my heart. It feels so good to get such loving squishies to make me feel better.
Much Love & Huge Hugs
April
Old 09-10-2010, 05:07 PM

I received grown up blocks from Jupiter and dawson.tracy. They are both very nice, thank you!

I won't be sewing for a while, I lost my sewing room and things are stressful here for the next few weeks. I have to get the results of my sons testing [neuro-psychological] next thursday, I'm really dreading that. After this I may have to fight with the school which is no fun at all.

In addition to that, My horse has lost a lot of weight and I am really worried about him. The vet fixed his teeth and said he doesn't have worms. I am hoping the teeth being better and the new diet helps. He is 24 years old , but horse live longer than that and I really want his to be better. I am so allergic to him that I feel sick and miserable for days after I brush him, but if I don't do it I feel miserable and sad that he is sick and I know he needs me to be out there with him. My next few weeks will be spent constantly feeding him and worrying about him, this leaves no time for quilting. I will finish the blocks I have started, but all the fabric that comes in now will have a wait a bit.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 PM

I like circles.... can you tell? lol

I got a nice block today from Ksea. Thanks. I fits right into my 'mellow' mood quilt. I'll post photos in a day or two. (I know, I say that a lot, but my intentions are good)

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
They are all wonderful blocks, they will add a lot to your quilt. Jupiter you really have a way with circles.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Hi Dawn,

Years ago, we had an older horse. Been my daughter's fav. ride for years. After getting her teeth floated, we started feeding her a senior feed. I am searching my brain and my computer but cannot find or remember the name of it. Anyway, it sure helped Molly. Put on some much needed weight and gave her a lot of energy without the hot side effects of straight grain. Check with your vet to see what he thinks of senior feeds, and what brand is best for your horse. (boy, that sounded like a commercial, sry)

hugs, Jupiter
Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Dawn,

Years ago, we had an older horse. Been my daughter's fav. ride for years. After getting her teeth floated, we started feeding her a senior feed. I am searching my brain and my computer but cannot find or remember the name of it. Anyway, it sure helped Molly. Put on some much needed weight and gave her a lot of energy without the hot side effects of straight grain. Check with your vet to see what he thinks of senior feeds, and what brand is best for your horse. (boy, that sounded like a commercial, sry)

hugs, Jupiter
The vet say the senior feed we have is good, we just have to add oil to it and gradually increase the amount he gets. He sure is happy with getting it four times a day. He comes out happy as can be every time he sees me. How long do you think it will be until I notice some weight gain[the vet said a month]? The vet also said he doesn't have worms, so at least I did something right. He is my first horse and I had no interest in horses as a child so I don't know much. I feel responsible forhis condition : (
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM

I received a beautiful block from missgigglewings today that has one of my purple flowers appliqued into a center block. Thank you so very much. I'll get my camera out later, but if you have a picture, feel free to post it!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 AM

I also received from missgigglewings today. Thank you. Will post a pic when I can.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Boo hoo, no squishies!

The first picture is my quilt, so far. 2nd is the block I sent Fryguy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70382.jpe   attachment-70396.jpe  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:41 AM

great blocks
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 PM

If the vet said you'd see improvement in a month, you will. Seems like 2 months really hit the mark. I remember that also, besided the senior feed, we fed 'alpha-alpha with molasses' to add weight without heat... it comes in a bag all ground together. Ask vet first, we fed a coffee can full twice a day. Your horsey will become your best friend really soon! They love the special feeds and the ear scratching and happy pats.

horsey hugs,
Jupiter

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Dawn,

hugs, Jupiter
The vet say the senior feed we have is good, we just have to add oil to it and gradually increase the amount he gets. He sure is happy with getting it four times a day. He comes out happy as can be every time he sees me. How long do you think it will be until I notice some weight gain[the vet said a month]? The vet also said he doesn't have worms, so at least I did something right. He is my first horse and I had no interest in horses as a child so I don't know much. I feel responsible forhis condition : (