Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

HELPPPP! I have all my fabric cut, wrapped and in envelopes ready to mail. Just happened to check this thread, and realized I made a terrible mistake. I cut my fabric 9" x 11", instead of 18" x 11". My theory was: if a FQ is 18x22, well then half of that - 9x11- would be a F8.

What to do? Should I see if I have enough fabric to add an addition 9"x11" piece? Buy more fabric and start over?

Please give me some advice, all you experienced swappers.
    To QUILT is human.
    To FINISH is divine.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...4369F3FA17.png

Hello all my FIRE friends , so happy to be part of this group and this is my first BOOM.

I am all up for a field trip, so happy you will be driving.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
    HELPPPP! I have all my fabric cut, wrapped and in envelopes ready to mail. Just happened to check this thread, and realized I made a terrible mistake. I cut my fabric 9" x 11", instead of 18" x 11". My theory was: if a FQ is 18x22, well then half of that - 9x11- would be a F8.

What to do? Should I see if I have enough fabric to add an addition 9"x11" piece? Buy more fabric and start over?

Please give me some advice, all you experienced swappers.
    Send LovingIzabella a message. She is the best person to let you know what to do.

Alright "FIRE" ladies...my squishies are in the mail!!! Thank you to those who said to wrap with the press n' seal cling wrap and place in a regular envelope. They all went for 45 cents in the US and $1.05 to the lovely ladies in Ireland and Germany!!! So...keep your eyes out for a "letter" from Texas!!!

quiltingnonie: FYI a fat eighth is actually a 1/4 yard (9" x 42") cut on the fold so it is 9" x 22" ( i worked in a quilt shop for 6 years!) Asking April is probably the right thing to do. I would think we could work with two pieces 9" x 11"-they'd probably work in most block patterns.

Thanks for the info on postage Yosamitesa!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Laurie,
    Do not fret my friend! Try to add another 9x11 piece in and if you do not have enough fabric you can send me the small piece and I will make it work.
    Thanks yaya the technical F8 is 9"x22". I use the 18x11 for this swap because it gives a little bit larger cutting area just in case you want to do a block that requires say a 10.5" square or something lol
    I am picking my fabric out this evening...thinking one I got from the LQS awhile ago may be nice....hmm decisions decisions
    Hugs
    April

PS
    Karen I remembered you mentioning hubby was a ff My BF is a ff as well. I was one for a period in time so that I could do for others what was done for me when mom and I were in a really bad car accident. I knew I had to resign out when I was doing ladder ops and my knee locked on the ladder wrap and one of my fellow ff's had to come up the back of the ladder to get my leg unwrapped. Knew I could not take the chance of that happening if someone else's life depended on me
    Hugs
    April

I have most of my fabric in the envelopes and ready to go. Need to cut one more, then out they go today or tomorrow.
    Janelle

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    PS
    Karen I remembered you mentioning hubby was a ff My BF is a ff as well. I was one for a period in time so that I could do for others what was done for me when mom and I were in a really bad car accident. I knew I had to resign out when I was doing ladder ops and my knee locked on the ladder wrap and one of my fellow ff's had to come up the back of the ladder to get my leg unwrapped. Knew I could not take the chance of that happening if someone else's life depended on me
    Hugs
    April
    WOW! I'm impressed that you did it for awhile. It takes such dedication!! How are you feeling these days?? Better it seems --so glad!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Tee hee...looks like we are a talkative group!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast