Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 125 of 173 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 124 125 126 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1722

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Guess me and my old Singer are behind times...Ive heard of accquilt but never seen it in action! I should have bought the singer that Hobby Lobby had on sale at Christmas for her so Ill watch for another one on sale. Her mother doesnt sew and my son isnt home much during the day...maybe this summer on school break would be a good time to teach her.
    She wants to make a quilt of her own! Im ALL FOR teaching them crafts and sewing and anything else they show an interest in just to see if they like it, even the boys. My 8 year old grandson loves to operate the footfeed when Im sewing. His dad (my son) loves to sew and to latch rugs and needlepoint...and I encourage it!
    This is her first quilt. Started at 5 y/o...finished at 6 y/o....lots of patience and practice. I found that using a pencil to draw her stitching lines was tremendous help. Also heavily pinned. I think I would use school glue now, mostly to ease my nerves over pin pricks, but wasn't really that bad! Minimal quilting and I finished the edges for her. It is a well loved, heavily used quilt. She is actually to big for it except as a lap....
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by alikat110; 04-23-2013 at 01:21 PM.

In between doing all my blocks for this Boom, I am also doing the blocks for my quilt class. this semester we are doing a Nautical quilt design by our instructor Lyn Brown. I chose to do mine in aqua, teal, turquois and I am pleased as how it is turning out. It will eventually become a tumbler/thimble quilt. here is a picture. Anyone can get the patterns at lynbrown.com.
    Name:  IMG_0012.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  391.0 KB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Alikat, what a lovely quilt...she did an amazing job. Joanlizbay, when we started teaching sewing in 4H, used super simple coloring book pages. Have her sew the lines (no thread in needle or bobbin). She will get the hang of straight and curved lines in no time.

and, I rec'd wonderful block from Missgigglewings today. Thank you, thank you.

Rec'd grown up today from Moonwork42029. It is very pretty!....
    Thank you very much!
    Country1
    Country 1

Got three done for this group. PHEW! Grown up blocks going home to dottie dodge, Jaydee, and quiltingmommy.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Country1 View Post
    Rec'd grown up today from Moonwork42029. It is very pretty!....
    Thank you very much!
    Country1
    Hope you like the naughty kitties
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Blog Entries
    Exciting news! I am finished with all except one block.....

OkDarla, Elisabrat, quiltingmommy, Abby's Mom, Tracibug, lovingrandma, Goldendog55, and Phannie- I will be mailing your blocks home by end of week. Pictures are in my album...see link below.

This leaves yours moonwork...I am mostly finished with yours and as I said last week, it has cats. But, before I finish it, please look at it nearly completed in my album. I used a little white in it cause I could not imagine completing this special block for your dad any other way. Also, if he hasn't yet figured out that this quilt might be for him, my block to him will be a dead give away. If you don't think it is right,II still have plenty left to do an alternative!

Blog Entries

Received grown-ups

I finally got at least one picture sized right and posted in my Boom 9 album! Now to find out if I can get it to post here!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    I did it. I did it. Jumping up and down in excitement Had to go advanced to get it done, wonder why that made the difference... ? .... ah well, all that matters is I can finally post pictures again! Yipee!!!!!!
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    This leaves yours moonwork...I am mostly finished with yours and as I said last week, it has cats. But, before I finish it, please look at it nearly completed in my album. I used a little white in it cause I could not imagine completing this special block for your dad any other way. Also, if he hasn't yet figured out that this quilt might be for him, my block to him will be a dead give away. If you don't think it is right,II still have plenty left to do an alternative!
    Ali!
    I'm sure he'll love it as much as I do...I honestly don't think it will be a give a way to him because he'll be thrilled with the puzzle and kitties. We tell him the cats are his "babies" so he'll think it refers to that I bet.

It's so cooooool...thanks
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Page 125 of 173 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 124 125 126 135 ... LastLast