Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-22-2013, 09:01 PM

Great idea. I will use that on this swap
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
When I open the envelopes, I snip a tiny edge of the fabric and scotch-tape it to the envelope right next to the return address. As long as I keep the envelopes, I know which fabric belongs to whom.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 AM

Default Square Up Ruler

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Shoot...I forgot the very very very most important hint to me.

When finished sewing your block to go home please double check to be sure it is 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" --- not almost 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" when you send them back.

I have a favorite "square" for this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420597[/ATTACH]

Absolutely love it along with a rotating cutting mat. Don't know what I'd do without these 2 things. Don't know where I got it but wish I had 2 of them in case something happens to this one.
You can find the square up rulers at WalMart or any fabric store. It does not necessarily say Square Up on it as yours does shown here. I have a couple of sets in each size from 4 1/2 to 12 1/2inches. One set I have says June Tailor and the other Fuzzy Cut.

It definitely is a life saver to square up blocks.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:59 AM

I made a row on my chart and write in somethng about the fabric I receive by each name. Reminds me that I received their fabric and how it stood out to me
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 AM

Thanks for all the great tips. This is a new type of swap for me and I am really looking forward to it. I'm sure organization is very important and you all have given very useful info.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:01 PM

Girls, it's my first time and reading some of your posts is getting me confused.I thought we just send people one piece of material. Some of your pics are showing 3 different. Need this explained so I don't do it wrong. If it's just one how large a piece do I need to cut it down.I'm in a small group.

Thanks for your help
tubsfam (Marie)
Old 06-23-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by tubsfam View Post
Girls, it's my first time and reading some of your posts is getting me confused.I thought we just send people one piece of material. Some of your pics are showing 3 different. Need this explained so I don't do it wrong. If it's just one how large a piece do I need to cut it down.I'm in a small group.

Thanks for your help
tubsfam (Marie)

This my first time also, from what I read, we send in either a fat 1/8 (9 x 22) or 18x 11 piece of fabric to each person in your group once you are assigned to a group. I may not send everyone the same piece of fabric, am thinking of send 2 different ones that complement each other for the same quilt. I am in 2 small groups, I chose one fast and one slow normal time frame.

Hope that this helps you out.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:48 PM

I would like to join in on the fun! This is my first time with this swap so want to do a small group. Will send my email now.
I would like to be in a small slow group.

Last edited by sunrise450; 06-23-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added sentance
Old 06-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Thanks for your help
tubsfam (Marie)
Marie:

Generally most people send the same fabric to everyone within their group. This will give their quilt blocks a continuous "feel" by having pieces of the same fabric in them.

Some people want a truly "scrappy" quilt and will send out a variety of fabrics so they have a riot of colors coming back to them. This is a great way to use up some of your stash that hasn't found a "project" designation yet.

Still some other people will send out a couple different fabrics so they have another way to be cohesive within their quilt top...not all matchy matchy but yet pleasantly blended.

The choice is up to you and what you want to come back.

You can provide either a 9 x 22 piece of fabric or a 11 x 18 piece of fabric -- both are perfectly acceptable.

Notes within your f8's are terrific help also to the receivers. Say you send out red, white and blue fabric and want to do a patriotic quilt, tell people this and they'll have a great place to start with their block ideas. If you send out a wild print and only want solids used with it, be sure to tell people that in the note also...but don't be too restrictive in your requests...they could be solids, tone on tone or blenders. Remember, these are just requests...they don't have to be followed.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:28 PM

Thanks for your help

tubsfam (Marie)

Marie, you send one F8 to each person on your list - 15 in a small, 30 in a large. It can be 9x22 or 18x11. You may send all F8's the same fabric or use as many fabric's as you like. That is up to you. Welcome aboard. I love these swaps. They are a lot of fun and I have learned so much.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Thanks for your help

tubsfam (Marie)

Marie, you send one F8 to each person on your list - 15 in a small, 30 in a large. It can be 9x22 or 18x11. You may send all F8's the same fabric or use as many fabric's as you like. That is up to you. Welcome aboard. I love these swaps. They are a lot of fun and I have learned so much.