Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Is anyone very creative in coming up with what fabric to send? If so please share. This some how seems to be the hardest part for me. How do you decide?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Last swap, I used a fabric I bought in a bundle at a yard sale. I didn't love it, and I knew I would never use it. I'm so glad I used it. The swappers turned a "meh" fabric into one I'm really excited to finish.

This swap, I went to the fabric store specifically to buy swap fabric. I scoured and scoured until one spoke to me and told me to take it home.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM

Anna, I choose my fabric by who I need to make a quilt for...this swap will be for my two greatgrandkids so it was pretty easy to pick! lst swap was for my cousin, last swap Im going to make for my granddaughter. Just depends on what kind of "color" mood Im in I guess when time for a new swap!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 PM

Hi. I have just sent an e-mail to join this swap. I have done several swaps in the past but never a boomerang swap. Sounds like fun. I'll start with a small slow group. Looking forward to the fun and making new friends.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Hmmm good idea but I guess I am worried I will not care for the end product color wise if I did not like the bundle to start with. Let me think about it.

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
Last swap, I used a fabric I bought in a bundle at a yard sale. I didn't love it, and I knew I would never use it. I'm so glad I used it. The swappers turned a "meh" fabric into one I'm really excited to finish.

This swap, I went to the fabric store specifically to buy swap fabric. I scoured and scoured until one spoke to me and told me to take it home.

Welcome you will love this swap,great people,and you will get Beautiful finished blocks!!!!
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Anna, I choose my fabric by who I need to make a quilt for...this swap will be for my two greatgrandkids so it was pretty easy to pick! lst swap was for my cousin, last swap Im going to make for my granddaughter. Just depends on what kind of "color" mood Im in I guess when time for a new swap!
OK that sounds like a good train of thought also.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:00 AM

I have picked my fabric and now to start cutting. I'm going with two different fabrics and I think they will be a challenge to use just to make it interesting. My camera batteries are charging so I will post a picture tomorrow when they are ready.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:23 AM

ok dumb question being well me no one here will notice right? is a slow group three months or two? A large one is four but I thought originally the fast was one month quicker, now its two? oh dear keeping up with ya'all is tough work! I love the Egyptian fabric I would think cream brown, black those tones would work great with all those fabrics. you could then sash in a like color and it would all tie in nicely. Good call Quiltermomma.

I am about to start my trip to Wyoming. I am calling it "Le grand adventures of Le brat and her entourage" it sounds way better than getting in the car soon with El Grumpo and my screaming cats. I am super sad to leave the forest and know I will cry on my way out. leaving home but going to a new one. Starting over. again. For the very last time I hope. I want to settle so bad. just be ..home. So get ready to hear of my exciting jaunt down the mountain, across the dessert ..to grandmothers house we go! oh oh not grandmothers.. sorry my new sister Jaba's house. lol.. didn't rhyme as well.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:41 AM

Benndm, good to see another "Missourian"..welcome!