Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up

Krystyna......mistakes are a way of learning so we can say that we don't make a mistake....it's just part of the learning curve. LOL.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Krystyna;5814585]Yesterday I mentioned the issue of Quilting Arts with the interesting strip quilts. Well, last my decision to work in strips after the flood sort of mirroring her experience (except that she is famous and I am not ) so I just emailed her. Why? Who knows, but I did.

First, you are famous. Fame is relative. I don't know that there are many on this board that doesn't know who you are, that makes you famous in my book!! I get Quilting Arts magazine delivered to my NOOK, it only costs like $2 an issue. I really like that magazine. Some day I am going to do some of the techniques they show in their. I hope to find time this summer to do some fabric dying using several different techniques outlined in that magazine. I actually tried the fabric made from your snippets. I need to tweek my technique, but for some aplications it is very unique.
    Also, e-mailling her is a great idea!!! If she isn't too stuffy, she will email you back, and who knows, it could be the beginning of a wonderful relationship.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Contacted my partner Tesspug, looking forward to "talking" with her!
    Tulip

"Takeyour needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose byand by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

PM'd my new partner Handi (hope I picked the right person from the Members List)...as soon as I hear from her I will be starting on her "Strippy/Stripey".......are you out there Handi?

started mine...so much fun!

Most of Queensland and northern New South Wales is flooded again urgodschild. Monsoon season brought a downpour right up north so most of the places that flooded just on 2 years ago have again flooded, some worse this time around. It is heartbreaking to see some of the stories emerging - some people hadn't even recovered completely from the last flood, were still getting their homes built and fixed up, many were uninsured so they are at breaking point. The hardest to watch is the devastation of the Lockyer Valley which had the flash flood 2 years ago where many lives were lost. At least this year they didn't have the flash flood and many were able to evacuate but the mess left behind is unbelievable. And the animals caught up in both the floods and the fires.... the images we are seeing are so sad

Come down to Victoria and there is still a couple of big bushfires raging in Central Vic. Thankfully the bushfires in Tasmania are out and the townships in the south are slowly trying to rebuild their lives. But we really can't get too complacent because our HOT weather hasn't come yet - from beginning Feb through to beginning March is our worst time.
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Lynnie in Aust. Is Aust. flooding again????? That is up by Syndney right????? Not over in Tasmania. I haven't seen any news from down under. One of the things here in So. CA, is when we have fire season and a fire does come....when it goes into rainy season you have the added problem of mud slides from the fire devastation. A Catch 22.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Tulip (love that name) and I are off to the races as they say. Pulling out all the stripes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Also, e-mailling her is a great idea!!! If she isn't too stuffy, she will email you back, and who knows, it could be the beginning of a wonderful relationship.
    She did! She is a lovely lady and we have been corresponding.
    Krystyna
    Embrace each new day with gratitude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    Tulip (love that name) and I are off to the races as they say. Pulling out all the stripes.
    Ooooo! How much fun would it be to do tiny strips with stripes?
    Krystyna
    Embrace each new day with gratitude

My partner Handi and I have communicated so now it's time to get going on a strippy or a stripey or both.

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast