Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Transportation Swap (Quilt for Boys) - Sign-ups close August 31

Blog Entries
    Have been watching and searching and think I can do it---sign me up but the number of sets will be determined later, if that is o.k.?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    Have been watching and searching and think I can do it---sign me up but the number of sets will be determined later, if that is o.k.?
    Not a problem! I will send you a PM.

Rachel

Blog Entries
    i'm thinking of doing it, do "feets" count
    (you know, toesies and paws and steps)

Blog Entries
    if i join, i do applique blocks
    been quiltin'since i was 7 and still can't figure out that darn paper pcing.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    i'm thinking of doing it, do "feets" count
    (you know, toesies and paws and steps)
    Ooops sorry!! Didn't see this question for some reason. Feet would be a cool, funky take on "transportation"!! I hope you can join us!! Applique blocks are perfectly fine, just remember that all edges should be finished before mailing to me.

Rachel

I am planning on making some test blocks soon, but here are some more inspirational ideas. Remember you can do any type of block. Paper pieced, applique, embroidery. You can find some fun transportation fabric and make traditional-esque blocks with them. There is a way to make this swap work for any skill level!!

You could even make blocks with words instead of pictures, choo-choo, vroom, Go!, Take off etc..... Or how about some non-vehicle ideas? Like a stop sign, stop light, RR Crossing sign, walk symbol, RR tracks, speed limit etc .... Those would be super cute too!!

If you are unsure, just ask here or shoot me a PM, I would be happy to help with ideas. This is a great swap for any wonderful little boy (or girl!!) in your life!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Oh, I love quilts for little boys, I just finished an eye spy quilt for a great nephew. I have an idea for some blocks, I want in!

I am sending pm to you Rachel
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Great! Boys are the harder of the two... grandsons/granddaughters to think of quilts so I think this is a great theme. Thinking, thinking...

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Great! Boys are the harder of the two... grandsons/granddaughters to think of quilts so I think this is a great theme. Thinking, thinking...
    That's why I chose a more boyish theme, I only have a son and most of the quilts I make from swaps are a little too much on the adult/girly side for him (which is fine because it means I get to actually keep a quilt I make), but I wanted something he could enjoy this time!!

Rachel

Maybe a silly question, but if doing paper piecing, should the paper be removed or left on when we ship? Seems like I have read paper should be left on until blocks are sewn together but others say remove first. I know it is pain to remove the paper which I wouldn't mind doing, but just wondering what most people would prefer.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast