Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Transportation Swap (Quilt for Boys) - Sign-ups close August 31

Thanks for the ideas. Pictures look great. Guess I need to look outside of the box. I am psyched about this swap, as I have a new grandson that I would do this one for. I did a crib quilt for him with his birth info, but need to do a twin size now. Margaret

Yeah!! I got mine in the mail yesterday.

I am still thinking on this one. don't know if I will have time or not. but I love looking at what you all come up with.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I hope everyone is chugging along (get it?? chugging along ... hehe I crack myself up!! ) on their blocks!! Please post pics if you can, this will help inspire others to join us!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

ok I have bit the bullet. I will do 4 sets. I have the first one almost all done. I still would like to do a dragon but I am not having much luck in finding a dragon that I like. sigh. I have two young grandsons that I will make a duvet cover for their duvets. In australia they basically use duvets and so my daughter is not keen on my quilts at all but a cover would work well with them. So back to work on my first set. I will post pictures when i finish them.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Rachel, I sent my blocks a week ago. Please tell me you got them so I don't have to worry where they are. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
    Rachel, I sent my blocks a week ago. Please tell me you got them so I don't have to worry where they are. Thanks
    They are here!! sorry I was tied up with the halloween swap and didn't check your blocks in yet. But they are safe and sound.

Rachel

Hi everyone!!

The sign-up deadline is approaching for this swap!!We have a small crew, so if you have committed, please be sure to get your blocks finished in time as people dropping will make it hard on everyone else!! If you have been lurking, please feel free to sign up, there is plenty of room and I have already seen some AWESOME blocks. I will try and take pics of the blocks I have already received at some point too. But if anyone else has pics, please share. We love seeing what everyone comes up with!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

I found a dragon that I can make. He will be polka dot and looks real cute. when I finish one I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I found a dragon that I can make. He will be polka dot and looks real cute. when I finish one I will post it.
    That's funny!! Can't wait to see it.

Rachel

Here are my three sets so far. working on the dragons.

Name:  DSC_0153.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  872.8 KB

Way cute blocks, urgodschild2!

morning - I have finished 12 blocks, just need to put the borders on so they are the correct size. I am a school bus driver so am hoping i will get a school bus block back. Pleasssseeee>??? Will be mailing my blocks next week.

Here is my first dragon. Hope you all like him.

Name:  DSC_0157.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  895.2 KB

GULP If I want to make two duvets then I need to make 12 more blocks. Sigh. I may not get there. Have to finish these dragons first..

I would like to join. Please contact me!

Hi everyone!!

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for this fun swap!! We have 14 participants right now, please check the list to be sure I didn't miss signing you up.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...p-g21-d89.html

I know we had a few lurkers, so now is the time to hop in!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Here are pictures of the two sets I made. Can't wait to see what I get back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have arrived in NH safe and sound and I have one little bit to finish on the last dragon and I will be mailing them on Monday. Yeah.

Barb

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I have arrived in NH safe and sound and I have one little bit to finish on the last dragon and I will be mailing them on Monday. Yeah.

Barb
    Where in NH are you? We are having some great weather right now!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    I have 6 sets---6 1/2 inch embroidery ready to mail tomorrow.

Mary Ellen

I am down below you in Newton. Below Exeter near the MA border. I Mailed my squares yesterday and he said you will get them today. YEAH. I will be returning to CA on Sept. 27th so you will have to mail my squares back to the addy on the envelopes.

I'll will be mailing four sets by Monday.

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to remind everyone that this mail date for this swap is coming up!! The blocks need to be to me by the end of the month. That means there is still time to sew and mail!! This is a small swap, so if you said yes to this swap, please do your best to send us blocks!! Sorry I haven't gotten to my PO Box lately, but if you mailed recently I am sure they are sitting there safe and sound. My plan is to check it later this week and check everyone in.

Thanks guys!!
    Rachel

Mailed by blocks last week. Hope that you got them! Please let me know.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast