Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-19-2014, 09:52 PM

Default Mug Rug for Lynnie

I remembered that my partner wasn't able to post photo of the mug rug I sent her and I said that I would; guess it's better late than never. I had a blast making this mug rug for Lynnie - she is a fan of cats.
Attached Thumbnails november-2014-015.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 04:47 AM

That mug rug is absolutely adorable. Just love it!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:40 AM

oh I love that mug rug! cats anything with cats on it is my idea of a great mug rug!

I wanted to say Anastasia we miss you horribly and wish you back here right now. Are you in break time yet from school yet? your welcome here anytime of the week. XOX

I have received another lovely mug rug from Gannyrosie and some beautiful fabrics and those tiny tiny charms.. not sure the name two of those and this terrific card with a gorgeous German Shepherd on the front . swoon. I had one that was the most terrific throw away dog anyone could hope for. rescue of course. so thank you.

That was not the first of my joy packages that have been sent to me. Fabrics from all quarters thank you. Quilt from you guys.. thank you truly I do. And one package that Sandyinz4 sent that had MUSIC for me. Four Christmas CD's. She always sends me music that she has loved and it always is appreciated. I am one lucky lady to have you all for my friends. It does mean the world to me. Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen. Normally 45 minute job. took me 3.5 hours and didn't get the floor mopped. what is that all about? Jaba thinks I need to work a bit more each day so I push myself and will find my energy. I sure hope so. I did clean under the microwave and under my sewing machine and nope it wasn't there. But I will keep looking for it. I am done with being done in. grin.

I have an angel for each of you so far. if there are others I sure hope they come to me and let me know they are missing their swapper. Trying to find Renees partner did you receive a package from her or send to her? let me know. I cant find her on the list thinking she was the lucky one who was on the missing page. sigh. she would like to talk to her partner so please let me know! gracias.

I am happy to hear things are quieting down. I read that making 23 dozen cookies. ARE YOU A CHEF? sheesh that is a whole lot of cookies. Bet you wont eat one again til next year. Yup. I used to make 8 types of cookies 4 to 6 dozen of each because we gave to so many work related friends. I am so thankful that is not a requirement now! I have yet to bake a thing but I will. Just not today

last: sign ups for the Valentine mug rug will be posted shortly. Figure we will all need a few things to keep us busy when we are done with our Christmas requirements. resting from obligations is one of the best feelings ever. last night I was frantically getting my hubbys family packages wrapped so they would be mailed. argh. He is always a last minute shopper. I don't get how he can do that and feel .. relaxed. I am stressed. Did not send my children a package and no they don't expect it but I always make them cheesy pretzels and candied pecans and jam. I didn't make that this year. maybe I can call them New Years treats? or perhaps Valentines Day presents or Martin Luther Kings Day presents... see I have to get creative. one day at a time they are patient.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 AM

Brat,
Happy to hear from you, and hope you're resting, too... I agree with doing a lil at a time, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the doing being quilting...or something you love, instead of housework..
Hubby can help you with the housework, Tada!
Kif
Old 12-20-2014, 07:55 AM

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your mug rug.

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503061[/ATTACH]

Soooo sorry I forgot to post. It was finals week. My finalest final of all the finals. So pretty stressful. And I'm getting ready to move in 2 weeks for my clinical rotation. It's just been hectic.. whole lot of life turned upside down issues. Anyways, i got this beautiful mug rug from Buddy's mom. And it came with a great bag of chocolate that I desperately needed and devoured for finals.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:41 AM

Love the cat, mouse, cheese mini!
Kif
Old 12-20-2014, 09:31 AM

Brat, so glad to hear from you today. It sounds like you have a little bit of energy but please don't overdo it. Like Kif said, you need to do something you love not housework! You know we are all here for you if you ever need anything.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

dabbler, thanks for posting my mug rug. it's getting a lot of use. I fight with dh over this one. he loves it too.
love that tiny mousies ears.i'm so glad you took pictures, no camera here. Maybe for Christmas, or new years, or like the Brat said, Martin Luther King day. any excuse for a gift.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

loved all them cocoas, one left. the vanilla was the best.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 AM

lynnie I'm so happy you like the hot cocoa - it's fun to try something new once in a while. When I made the mug rug I was thinking of the line from the Christmas story "Not a creature was stirring - not even a mouse." and the Grinch grabbing all the decorations down to the last crumb (the piece of cheese) and your love for your cat. My mind warps and I come up with goofy stuff and once in a while I get a winner.