Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:33 AM

I love your story about the kitten. I did kitten rescue for years and years. I have two cats with crooked tails right at the end. Their cause was simply because mom was a tiny cat and she had 10 kittens. I kept thinking she was done. she had three then four.. then five ok surely she is done. then she had six and seven and I knew she was done. then she had 8 and I almost flopped over. thought ok she is done will let her rest. she had two more. four had crooked tails. all different colors just due to cramped space in the poor cat! its not always due to Siamese cats however. I am so glad you saved that kitten. Its a miracle she made it. Would have been a great snack for such a large wild cat! yikes!

I love your analogy comparison to humans. Its so very true. I listen to people often state that I had these problems as a child but then they go onto say that's why they are the way they are today.. sigh. you have the chance to change it! do it! ok enough of my thoughts on this I could go on forever.

My thought is I should be all of your partners! yup that's it! this way I get ALL the goodies and well who wouldn't love that! I think its the best idea I have had to date. Should have set you up all of you to have me as one! then I could say oh dear need a few angels and then just set you up for a second mailing to a real partner! wonder how long that ploy would work... think kiffie or jaba would sell me out. darn it! I still haven't started mine but not worried yet. I have one round robin to work on first and then its all about mug rugs! I swear it is! I got my wall hanging done for the wall hanging swap. now to get the round robin done. time lines I sure have lots of time lines. then its this mug rug swap, then its another 12 days of Christmas swap.. and then its flop over your pooped swap. oh we don't have one of those? I want to sign up for one of those! I would be EXCELLENT at that! I have a fat quarter swap for those who might like to try something different next month. we will be swapping fat quarters that are winter themed. Then come Dec we will be swapping BATIKS! I know everyone loves those. that is my biggest swap. I love them too but am not so great at sewing them. they sew best to other batiks so its a great way to add to your collection. all colors allowed! yippee! yahoo! but next months swap is winter so that is cool too. that way they can be used for months to come. snowy scenes, winter landscapes, trees without leaves... birds in the snow. hot chocolates.. there are so many options to what one deems a "winter" fabric so it will be fun to see what comes up. Last year someone swapped a sandy beach fabric saying this is what I dream of in winter.. lol. so its a fun thing to mix it up.

back to this swap! what about a winter gum? wonder if they have one. Or a rainbow of candy mix to celebrate the whole year? a cinnamon and orange tea (yum) to keep one warm and cozy.. you don't have to send a box of tea send a bag or two! small is ok. just do what you can. some can do more. don't worry about that. we all get it! oh how about a carmel popcorn package to have with your vanilla chia tea? or do you like carmels or chocolate covered cherries? leave little hints key word little hints on the board. my favorite drink on a cold day is... (hey if its coke say it) I love bath scents in these smells... oh dear I am a sucker for a vintage hankie (me me me!) send a cat treat instead of a candy your partner who has cats will always love something for their kitties.. or a dog snack! people who have pets (this is me speaking only of course) adore things for their animals. forget me, its like kids, give me a treat to give my kids and you have now scored 100 percent. when you have only pets well same deal goes. or something selfish a tiny sample of lotion for the hands for someone.. think what would you enjoy. advil in individual packages? might come in pretty handy for someone that says they have head aches all the time. lol. just get creative and have fun your partner will have fun too with her little treat. its pre Christmas. you could copy a cd you have and send it to her. cheaper than buying a new one yet would be appreciated I am sure. I got one from Sandy in Idaho last year. I love it it was a CD of all her favorite music. Also she sent me a Christmas CD of one of their favorite Christmas music. I love them both and think of her often when I play them. Such a treat. So you really can think outside the box. if your partner didn't send you enough of her likes dislikes then send her your favorite and tell her its part of you! tada!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 AM

Luckily for me, my SS gave me just enough ideas that I was able to run with it! I'm sure she's going to love what I'm sending!

And yesterday while grocery shopping, I saw that the flavored creamers were back in stock for the holidays!! Peppermint.... yum!! And this particular one is sugar free! Perfect.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 AM

Linda, I think you are right. I believe Tailypo's crooked tail is due to something else, not being part Siamese. That was just the best way I could describe it, lol. His little tail almost seems like it was broken and it healed that way. Maybe it was due to being crowded inside mama cat. (I cringe to think of what happened to the rest of the litter! Hopefully someone didn't find this a convenient way to dispose of an unwanted batch of kittens!)

Loved all of your helpful hints! Gave me lots of ideas!

Deb
Old 10-20-2014, 06:54 AM

I just had a concerned about my partner now posting. Lots of newbies are scared to post. does not mean all of them are no shows. I will ask this week to get one posting from you all. Those don't post will get a note from me asking if you want to still participate in the swap. So I can reassign people if necessary. I want a note from YOU telling me your in, I want a note from your partner saying you haven't heard a word from them since the swap started next SATURDAY or SUNDAY so I know who needs a letter from me. You wont want a letter from me so post darn it! someone is taking the time to make you something! so pick special gifts for you! and you.. need to make them comfortable saying of course I am still playing. This is where I am at this time of the game.. thinking? fabric pulling? tea or coffee shopping? hot chocolate packages bought? a candy bar with your partners name on it? if you post here no worries.. if you don't well worry. ONE WEEK to get your posts up. I mean it! thanks for understanding it makes people comfortable and happy to make you a gift. you owe them a post every so often its free and it gives peace of heart to them. please!!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:36 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the posts this morning as I'm sipping my protein drink breakfast. I usually have a bowl of cornflakes, but just not hungry yet. Linda, you've given out some super suggestions for everyone to think about in their gifties. I find it so much fun to think about what to send and come up with fun little extras. I had so much fun making the first MR that I think I might try my hand at another one with a different theme and colors, just to cover more bases?

Gannyrosie, may I join you in a game of dominos??? Fun fun!

While I am allergic to cats, I still love them and adore kitty things.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:14 AM

Hi Guys,

Been off line for a few days but back now...

Here is my hint for today.....

My person lives in a state that has at least three colours in their state flag!!!

Have you guessed yet? Is it you?

Hugs

Caroline
Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 AM

I have never played dominos. I am a sucker for a word game or scrabble game. I always have four or five of those going via facebook. Cards I am lousy at! oh my god remembering what came before? really? lol. puzzles win out over all I think. too bad the darned cats love it as much as I do. they are good helpers. take a piece here, knock a piece off here.. sigh. yup good helpers.

ok start the ball rolling do you prefer coffee or tea or hot chocolate? do you prefer a chocolate or other type candy? no candy? cant have candy? rather get a fat quarter or four? quilt patterns? purse patterns? there seem to be 100 types of purses and large carry bags.. hum.. a romantic book or guns and police type? used is ok if you loved it someone else might love it too (me me!) pins? a new seam ripper they wear you you know! I am on 2 in three years. ideas anyone.. what do you love that is small and would be enjoyed tremendously?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:41 AM

Brat after reading your post I was exhausted. I'll tell you like I used to tell my customers ( wrked in phone com business office), I have my shoulder pads on, so it's okay, let it all out. I really don't know what I would like, I think it's because we never celebrated Birthday's, too poor and too many kids. I have a husband whom is not a gift giver. I'm kinda like my Dad, if I want something I need to just get it myself. My poor husband tried one year and bought me the most horrible costume jewelry necklace. I told him I know it was the thought that count, but I had to return it. I advised the sales person, what were you thinking when you sold him this? Did you even ask him what kind of person I was. Then another year he bought me a skill saw. (even though I needed one- hell not for x-mas)... He told my mom he didn't have time to get it personalized. I told him, next time, just give me money, cause his taste was just too embarrassing. So I guess what I'm saying is anything goes with me. I'm not a tea person, I do like things that may pamper me, but nothing sweet, tasting or smelling. I love gardening, mostly veggie's... I've on to my 2nd MR, I'm making it to coordinate with the first one, but completely different theme. One problem, Can I just send my person the money and just me keep them? No, I won't do that, but I know I'm gonna make some more. Now I know what to make as xmas gifts. I didn't realize how much fun and easy these were. Like fast gratification.

I'm just learning Domino's. My neighbors are from Cuba and Guatemala. She speaks English well, but him, well we speak Spanglish. It's relatively a simple game, just like any card game, it's the luck of the draw. He seems to think there is some skill ( and I'm sure there may be ) but to me, it's like anything else. A gamble.

Quick question, does the person I have , have me also?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Hint for my SP. You live in the Eastern part of your state.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:48 AM

Living in Florida, I don't normally drink hot liquids. I do not drink coffee. I drink mostly sweet tea, Pepsi and water. Sometimes if it gets cold, I may drink hot chocolate. My downfall is sweets...cakes, cookies, pies, candy. I'm trying to limit myself since I need to lose some weight. It's hard when my partner also loves sweets. I try to have something here for him all the time. He's the cook...I'm the baker.