Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

I'm thinking of making another mug rug to add for my partner. You could always use another for a room
or if she wishes as a gift for someone else. She still hasn't been here. I wish she was and dropped a hint.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:20 PM

The last thing I need to add to my box for my SS partner is to actually make the mug rug! I have the pattern, I have the fabrics. Now to get to the sewing machine and start on it!!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
suern3, isn't it fun to tease everyone? Today I was out shopping looking for ideas of things that I could include with the mug rug for my partner. Went to a grand opening of a new Hobby Lobby here in Alabama and saw so many pretty things I just couldn't make up my mind. So I gave up came home and had a beer!

Jan
Jan, I find that having a beer at home is the best way to finish up a shopping trip! I should have put that in my hints!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:34 AM

WOW. Will have to try that… Thanks for sharing….
Old 10-19-2014, 05:28 AM

My only mug rug is a cute red hatters one that Jan made for our group. I love it. Unfortunately its mine but my hubby uses it. He needed one so bad it wasn't funny. I could buy candy now for my mug rug but I would have to hide it. One my hubby will find any and all sweets in the house. he has a nose for it. Two I will hide it. I am good at hiding things here. Finding them is a whole nother thing and I am NOT good at that at all. unless its Easter. I might find a Christmas gift at Easter. Growing old is not good. at all lol. so if I do hide it I will post it here so you can tell me where to go look! that's and idea!

my partner is FEMALE! big secret.. we all are. shhhhh....she lives in a town. She loves quilting. And fabric also. wonder if its you???
Old 10-19-2014, 07:00 AM

Linda, I sure got a chuckle out of your post! Growing old is definitely NOT for sissies is it??? Sigh...

Wait...I live in a town, I am a female, I love quilting, I love fabric!!! Wahoo! It's me, it's me isn't it?????

My secret partner has posting in this thread...yup! Not saying how much or when, but she's posted at least once!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 AM

Ok...I have found one small piece of fabric that is one of my SP's favorite colors so that will be used. And then, I searched Ebay and found a little trinket with one of her favorite 'likes' so it is ordered. Wouldn't you know it...her favorite like is my most disliked...all of my life I have never ever liked it. So about killed me to order the 'thing' for her. :-) But we want to keep our SP's happy. :-) I have been discovering many good ideas for MR's so will post a sneak peek pic this coming week as my life will be less hectic...I hope!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:08 AM

Haven't been on pc in 3 days. Wow, a record. Had to get a keyboard. Amazing, no internet and things get done. I have one MR finished, it will be handstiched (some of it) and hQ'd. ( Still HQ'ng the t-shirt quilt with big stitches) Have to take breaks.
Working on the 2nd one. Okay, I'm addicted. This is my first and I can see how addicting they could be. My binding is the traditional way, Came out pretty good, if I say so myself. I thought of maybe posting a partial pic, but I'm thinking it might give it away. So, don't twist my arm. Off to play Domino's with the neighbors and have a few beers.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Trying to think of a good hint of the day, hmmm...she has been involved in many swaps on this board. Oh and Gannyrosie, I love to play Domino's and um, the beers don't sound too bad either!
Old 10-19-2014, 02:38 PM

Today's hint...... my SS does not have a cat!