Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-17-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Patchesnposies you can sew binding to the back of MR then bring binding to the top and stich with machine . I do this on all my thing that are going to be wash a lot (baby quilt.) I use 2.5" binding fold in half ,press then sew 3/8 seams all the way around quilt. hope this help you. do your best and have fun. YOU CAN DO IT.
Thanks, JuanitaBean. You are so sweet to post your technique. I will chant quietly to myself as I am working on this, "I am having fun" "I am having fun" "I am having fun"(!)
Old 10-17-2014, 03:45 PM

Dang no circles in my address
Old 10-17-2014, 04:48 PM

Just recieved a call from dr.s office, have to schedule a conference about all my tests. He did say that I have two blockages in my heart that will require immediate attention, so for now, I'll just be getting things in order and praying all will be fine. I cherish all your prayers,and will keep you posted on the outcomes. My mug rug fabrics are picked out, and hopefully I can get to sewing soon again. I have had absolutely NO pep so have been sluggish in my desires to sew. No fear tho, I will get the MR done on time.... thank you for your caring. jacie
Old 10-17-2014, 04:55 PM

jacie you are in my prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery. Hoping it won't be long before you are back in Florida enjoying the sunshine state.

Jan
Old 10-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Jacie, prayers going your way, best of luck on the medical issues.
I hate the joining part of binding. I've made over 350 quilts in my liftime, and hate doing
binding. I need to practice more. Maybe i should try buying the binding tool. that may help
me alot. they make a tool for a reason.
have a great night all.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:00 AM

I am ready to start digging through my fabric. Still not sure of the pattern I will use.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:53 AM

I do my binding the same way JuanitaBean described - sometimes I add a little piping flange. The worst part for me was joining the two ends - I could never get that right....until I saw this video. Now they work out right every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=cuS76wVW210

She is sewing to the front and wrapping to the back but the joining technique works for the other way as well. Gotta love You tube.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 AM

You guys are making me anxious...I can't start for another week or two and you all will be done and eating Bon bons and sipping coffee. Lol
Old 10-18-2014, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
I do my binding the same way JuanitaBean described - sometimes I add a little piping flange. The worst part for me was joining the two ends - I could never get that right....until I saw this video. Now they work out right every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=cuS76wVW210

She is sewing to the front and wrapping to the back but the joining technique works for the other way as well. Gotta love You tube.
Thank you for posting this video, Paula. Elisabrat suggested looking at step by step tutorials on pinterest, as well. I'm going to spend my morning "going to school" and then trying my hand at binding my mug rugs.

Thanks so much, everyone, for all of the support.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:44 AM

I loved watching the tutorial DragonFlyNana! Was super easy to understand. I've done something similar before, but not clipping, so I might give that a go.

I'm on the hunt for extra goodies to include with my mug rug...let's see...chocolate...giftie...chocolate...giftie...ca rmel??? This is the fun part deciding what to add!

Good luck on the binding part Patches...you'll do great! Take your time become familiar with it all...you'll find your own rhythm in time.