Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 09:53 AM

My hint for today is: my partner posted her likes and dislikes on here but not on the swap info! Just getting over a stomach bug over the weekend! Bluck! Stomach still not perfect but finished embroidering a shirt ( my second one ever!) for a swap on another site and oooh I hope she likes it! Going to try a t-shirt for DD and then go through my stash of fabric and ribbons, and rick rack , Oh My! hee hee
Old 10-20-2014, 10:10 AM

MY secret pal lives EAST OF ME... ( EVERYONE DOES LOL!!!) LOVES tea but not any herbals!!! HUM????? I this you?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 AM

My SP's favorite color is purple. Could this be you???
Old 10-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

For my pala; besides kitties, i love hot cocoa, and chai. I DON'T drink coffee. hate it. I love diet coke too. I love fancy buttons and cutsey button and jessy james. If you live by a beach, i collect about 2 tablespoons of sand from all over. I love fabrics with cutsey things on it(like cats, suns, food). I like all things sewing and gadgets. Anything kitty is fine by me.I love chocolate, licorice and all candies and gooey things. DONOT have a tub, so no bath salts. (We have a very nice river rock shower).
Old 10-20-2014, 11:34 AM

Forf those who have sandwiched their mug rugs, how much batting and what type have you used? I planned to use just insul-brite as I figured it would give the most protection from the heat of a mug. It seems thin to use alone, so I thought about adding some low loft batting. Is that too much? Will glasses sit easily or will one layer of insul-brite in the middle be adequate?
Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

one layer is o.k. in my opinion. the beverage glass is insulated too. we can hold them in our hands.
anything more will be too bumpy when quilted.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:54 PM

I am keeping busy with work and making my mug rugs - I am making extras in case one doesn't turn out so well then I can send the best one. I've only been quilting about a year so I want to make sure I do ok. Binding is the worst part for me, but I'm getting better at it

I don't know if my person likes coffee or tea or cocoa so I'm not sure what to send with the mug rug, but I'm watching the thread to see if she drops any hints about that.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:07 PM

I'm still needing to quilt mine, then they're finished..
Yes Brat, they're applique..lots of lil applique pieces...
My SP has added a lil more to her likes, but if I keep going she'll have too many mug rugs, so stopping at 2. Probably...
I made mine the size recommended, they seem kinda big... but as I've never made mug rugs, what do I know???
Better lil big than too lil, I reckon.
K
Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 PM

I'm in awe of every one that has posted that are done or at least know what they are doing!! I am working like crazy trying to get a nursery wall quilt done for a special niece. Her newish mother in law and aunt are bringing to much "crap" over. Her words not mine!! They know it's a boy and have a camping theme, once that is done I can relax and get on with my fun stuff! I've got a plan...just haven't pulled fabric yet! I'm one of the swappers people want to kill or hug! Easy to please love all colors ect..nothing fussy about me! No pets at my house right now..my husband says no, he can't stand the loss if something happens but I think after he retires next month he will change his mind. Drink coffee, tea (not flavored for either) and lots of diet coke!

Last edited by Crqltr; 10-20-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:32 PM

I have my mug rug finished and all goodies ready to go. For the SP that has me, I do drink coffee, cocoa tea, black or herbal, and will love anything you make.