Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist >

I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist

I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist

Old 10-20-2014, 05:42 PM

I know I am in for 6 sets....all Fall, but I'm fine with whatever you decide to do, Owlvamp. I can wait or go ahead.....your choice.... I do appreciate the variety with lots of participants....
Old 10-25-2014, 10:32 AM

Gee, I am sending enough for two: four light fall colored fabric charms packets with 20 in each one with the twist of 20 in each one (total of 80 twice); four medium fall colored charm packets with 20 in each, with equal amount of twist fabric of 20 in each packet, (total of 80 twice) and four dark fall colored fabric 20 charms in each one plus the four twist charms with 20 in each. one (Total of 80 charms twice) And I think that equals 480 Charms plus the 'extra' ones in the box. All counted and each packet of 20 has a ribbon around it securing an 'all together packet' of each. I hope everyone enjoys their charms. Its like a special Holiday package coming with delightful colored charms in it. It will be very exciting when it happens, I think, and I am looking forward to that time.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Gee, I am sending enough for two: four light fall colored fabric charms packets with 20 in each one with the twist of 20 in each one (total of 80 twice); four medium fall colored charm packets with 20 in each, with equal amount of twist fabric of 20 in each packet, (total of 80 twice) and four dark fall colored fabric 20 charms in each one plus the four twist charms with 20 in each. one (Total of 80 charms twice) And I think that equals 480 Charms plus the 'extra' ones in the box. All counted and each packet of 20 has a ribbon around it securing an 'all together packet' of each. I hope everyone enjoys their charms. Its like a special Holiday package coming with delightful colored charms in it. It will be very exciting when it happens, I think, and I am looking forward to that time.
QuiltingNinaSue, are you sure you're posting on the right thread? In the I Spy swap, we trade fabric squares with pictures on them that children can recognize and enjoy. We don't typically trade in dark, medium, and light (although it's possible) and the fabrics don't typically come in fall colors. Also, we don't usually send charms for our regular sets. A set is 20 squares and they can all be cut from the same fabric. Owlvamp trades them around, so each swapper ends up with one square from each of the other swappers (assuming there are 21). You CAN send 20 different fabrics, but it won't matter because the other swappers will only get one of your squares anyway.

Maybe you are doing a charm swap? How big are your squares? The I Spy squares are 5"
Old 10-26-2014, 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=mrshalibut;6943828]QuiltingNinaSue, are you sure you're posting on the right thread? In the I Spy swap, we trade fabric squares with pictures on them that children can recognize and enjoy. We don't typically trade in dark, medium, and light (although it's possible) and the fabrics don't typically come in fall colors. Also, we don't usually send charms for our regular sets. A set is 20 squares and they can all be cut from the same fabric. Owlvamp trades them around, so each swapper ends up with one square from each of the other swappers (assuming there are 21). You CAN send 20 different fabrics, but it won't matter because the other swappers will only get one of your squares anyway.

Maybe you are doing a charm swap? How big are your squares? The I Spy squares are 5"[/QUOTE]

, Yes, thank you. Owlvamp has said with a twist....and the Kylie's Farmer's Market fabric portraits food. Yes, I have made the "I SPY" quilts,in fact I am working on one now. All mentioned fabric are the five inch square charm size for the swap. I offered to buy more 'wheels' like what I am working with, and Owlvamp said it was not necessary, so I used up what was in my stash. IF you go back in this thread, you will find my photograph of the fall prints. IF it is a problem I can still do 'wheels' , e.i., cars, trucks, sports and so on.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:12 AM

If you all decide you do not want fall charms, tell Owlvamp to tell me and I will not post the package to Owlvamp on the first of November. I can use them myself, without posting them and paying to get them back. No hard feelings. Enjoy the swap.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:00 PM

1.Library.Lil ------------6 sets 1 twist
2.wendiq ---------------6sets (Received)
3.QuiltingNinaSue -----6 sets 6 twist
4.Judith1005 -----------6sets (Received)
5.CastawayCoveDecor -6sets
6.hairquilt -------3 sets ( Received)
7.owlvamp ------6 sets
8.Rosemary Attaway-- 6 sets 6 twist ( Received)
Old 10-27-2014, 07:02 PM

Okay ladies I will address the concerns in a pm.
Let's have fun!!!

Hope to get more swappers...
Old 10-28-2014, 01:11 PM

Owlvamp, I would like to sign up. My fabric is here and I can get it cut tonight/tomorrow and get it in. Will PM you.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:36 PM

QuiltingNinaSue,

Oh, I see your photo now. Sorry, I skipped to the end of the thread and I was very confused! Don't change a thing!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:54 PM

I remember those photos and I thought the leaves looked great! Send them in!

I mailed mine yesterday; you should have them soon!