Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Hello all! QuiltingKrazy has graciously agreed to let me share a link to my swap. I want to invite everyone to come on over and share in the fun!

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Oh, and don't forget to bring a friend!

buslady, yours will go in the mail next Monday too, should take about 2 weeks in transit.

Have had a lovely day, got my December DQ from dabbler312 and it's gorgeous. Then had lunch and went to movies (with ladies from our Thursday morning walking/coffee group) to see 'Les Miserables' with our gorgeous Aussie hunk Hugh Jackman, the movie is fantastic !

Love being retired
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

I am doing that swap! it sounds like fun making placemats or potholders or all sorts of other things and the time frame for me works like mid march. I can commit to that. kick myself later but I can commit to that!

Krystyna, honey child you just stretch and bend any direction ya all like. Me these bones dont stretch that well. and I can big grin here stitch five stitches per inch and evenly. just give me a pen and let me premark that fabric and absolutely I can get that nice straight line stitched for you. hey I have did this in my hospital bed last year so I know it to be true

doll quilts ok show and tell time girls .. this is the other half of the fun watching all the new fun quilts come in. What a quilt show we would have all of them over the year in one place..fill a large auditorium I think walls of little bits of love. yuppers.. I would love to see a picture of that
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I just put mooretll's quilt in the mail. IMHO I found just the perfect fabric for her, so it's four colors not three. Looking forward to next month. Paper piecing will be my choice, because I really don't want to, but change is good. So they say.

I would have thought Dragonfly had received my doll quilt by now. oh dear.

new technique? um how about regular technique. if I sign up next month I need a flexible partner. I wont send hodge podge to anyone. I am barely any good at regular. its working on getting better each month at what I do.. that is what I strive for. a grand goal in my spot. so tada! getting better at .. finishing binding with smaller stitches that hide better. that is a goal anyways. not new but now a challenge.

I wish I had a giant slushie right now. I am thinking a nice fresh orange one on super crushed ice.. oh yeah. oh I am on water restriction. rationing for life. joy. someone drink one for me, my treat. make it a super sized one if you hate fresh orange how about.. rootbeer? I cant have that either. put ice cream in it (cant eat that either am I having fun yet) hurry sign up!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Well, Lynnie, I spent my time watching Criminal Minds and ripping out a whole bunch of stitching on your DQ. Just not happy with it. My goal is to redo it tonight and tomorrow night. It took me a couple of hours to do it wrong the first time. Hopefully, it won't take me that long to do it right the second time!! I am sew excited about this one, I hope you like it, cause i do. Not sure I would do another, and absolutely not a big one. Well, maybe. Saturday, our quilting group starts up again. We take a break usually Oct, Nov & Dec. I want to take it and show it off before I mail it. So, prob mail on Tuesday. I get pd on Tuesday. LOL Our group is making a quilt called "Accross America" this round. Of course, we are like most on the board here; do what you want. It is more of a social event than anything else. Actually, if you wanted to see the progress, go to "Quilters on the Move" on Facebook and "like" us. Not a lot of activity right now, but starting next week, I am sure there will be lots of activity. Pictures. I know how we like pictures!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Well, Lynnie, I spent my time watching Criminal Minds and ripping out a whole bunch of stitching on your DQ.
    Was that horrible or what?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Can't wait to get it! Still working on yours but should be done by the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    I just put mooretll's quilt in the mail. IMHO I found just the perfect fabric for her, so it's four colors not three. Looking forward to next month. Paper piecing will be my choice, because I really don't want to, but change is good. So they say.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Was that horrible or what?
    If you are talking about the way Criminal Minds ended, YES!! Who doesn't love that kid? I felt so sorry for him, it was like.......WTF.......did that really just happen? I gotta say, that was a very well planned ending, I think it shocked EVERYONE!!!
    If you are talking about the ripping, not horrible, but sad just as well. When you see what I am doing, you will understand. Not like just ripping out a seam. LOL That could be consideded a hint, but more likely a tease.!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

you put something together upside down. I put a big wall quilt together a couple years ago. so proud of myself. took a picture.. saw one quadrant was backwards. worst part? I had quilted it. had to take out the quilting thenthe block til I go to the part to turn it around. i was so happy. I feel for you. uh oh was it applique? or..now you have everyone wondering..

well back to mug rugs.. going green.
    Linda

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast