Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Look what i got in the mail yesterday!! It is perfect! and just look at the Egg Caddy's that she sent ! They are so cute! The label says struten chickens for Debbie to cute. I love everything thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Hobbykat I love that little beauty! So cute!

mooretll - I am so jealous! I love those little chic-a-dees!

Krystyna -- NO need for hoopla - I have truly enjoyed filling in for you! We all need a little help one way or another everynow and then. Who knows I may need you to get my back one day! WELCOME BACK!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Mooretil, love your DQ and those little roosters are just so cute.

buslady, I could have sold your little DQ today at the stall I am having but kindly told the interested lady it was going to a good home far far away. .
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Hi everyone, I'd like to give a big THANKS to some special ladies who helped me with a special project earlier. Actually all I did was make the suggestion and everyone worked together and it came together.
    Thanks go out to Needlegrammy (Barbara), HappyCatQuilter (Linda), Just a Quilter(Connie), Dotcomdtcm (Dotty), and Barbara's boss. Without the outstanding job you ladies did our project would not have run so smoothly. And to everyone else who contributed you did great .... thanks again .... hugs and happy quilting..... Crazy Quiltin Robin
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Blog Entries
    OOOOooooo! I am getting excited to see it. I took yours to group on Saturday, too. Loved by all. Most said they would not be able to part with it. I told them, I often do hate to, but I figure I can always make another. I try to put 1 new technique in each DQ, some times it is a good thing, sometimes not so much. This one turned out great, after a LOT of frog stitching. I mean a LOT. The old me would have thrown it in the UFO box, that is one of the things this board has done for me. I am better about following through, finishing a project and taking the time to do it right. Or as close to it as I can. LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

buslady, your DQ is going in the mail today. Should take a couple of weeks to get to you, I hope you like it.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

I've finished piecing the top of Skaduzy's DQ! Will get to the quilting this weekend. I hope she likes it. Oh, how I wish to be retired to I can quilt anytime I'd like!

Very cute DQs coming in!

Freezing fog out our way. One person killed this morning when their SUV slid off the road, rolled into a ditch. Just takin' it slow. I hope everyone else is doing okay. I know it's much worse in other parts of the country. What wacky weather we are having.

HobbyKat1955, very clever of you! I love the spool fabric!

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, Your DQ is in NY at the post !!!!! Can't wait for you to see it!!!!!
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Blog Entries
    Me Too!!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

TammyB, Your dq is supposed to get to you Friday but I checked and it was in Warrendale, PA today so I can't believe it can get clear to Washington by tomorrow. Here is your confirmation #03123190000216013165. I'm betting on Saturday..........anxious to see if you like it.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Those chickens are too cute!
    Needlegrammy, no notice from the post office today, but I'll walk over later on to ask at the desk.
    We spent most of the day at H&R Block - an experience that went from to in just a few hours.
    Why on earth did we ever decide to do our own taxes? Insanity to insanely happy.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    ok, have I missed my partners name???? I see a lot of y'all have received your dq's and all, so just wondering!

see that what I get for not keeping updated, my fault!! sorry, mine will be sent out today!!
    Last edited by Psychomomquilter; 01-25-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    awwwww! I had a senior moment....I found my partner, and now will send her the DQ. So embarrassing to do that!!
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    It's called psycho-life!!! LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Needlegrammy, no notice from the post office today, but I'll walk over later on to ask at the desk.
    We spent most of the day at H&R Block - an experience that went from to in just a few hours.
    Why on earth did we ever decide to do our own taxes? Insanity to insanely happy.
    Please please Krystyna go to the PO there is a package sitting there for you mailed by Faye, it's been sitting there for 4 days now.....It's from all your friends here and on the SP board.... Let me hear from you PLEASE.
    Last edited by Ladybug 1938; 01-25-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    Today I went to the post office. I haven't received a single notice in our mailbox saying there was a package, but I just knew there had to be at least one! WOW!!!!!

First off, yes Rosemary, there was a package there!!! The most delightful friendship star quilt from so many of my QB friends -- organized by Rosemary and quilted by Faye. I was in tears as I looked at each block. I will treasure it forever. I can't thank you enough ... and I will post pix later on ... I promise!

Well, it seems I wasn't done crying (happy crying
    ) ...my dear partner this month sent me the most delightful doll quilt (pix to come soon) and she said she always liked to include some "extras" ... which she did and which I love ... (again, pix soon) ... but it was a BIG BOX. I thought wow that's a LOT of "extras" ... and then I saw the quilt from my beautiful, wonderful Doll Quilt Group! Oh my goodness, the waterworks were turned on again!!!! I am going to have to sit under that quilt and look at each beautiful block. I can't believe you did this for me! I am so overwhelmed and feel so undeserving of all your kindness and caring. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I just don't even know what to say. You are all so amazing and so kind. I am going to start blubbering again so I will post pix and send individual thanks later on.
    But for now .... ((((HUGS))) and more ((((HUGS))) I love you all!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Here is the tracking number 0312 2860 0000 4131 1387....it said left notice twice. It is in a big box!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Krystyna, am so happy you liked the quilt .... we thought you might need a cuddle up quilt from your friends here ...... hugs to you .... Crazy Quiltin Robin
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Quote Originally Posted by mooretll View Post
    Look what i got in the mail yesterday!! It is perfect! and just look at the Egg Caddy's that she sent ! They are so cute! The label says struten chickens for Debbie to cute. I love everything thank you.
    I'm so glad you like it. I knew that chicken fabric had to go to you.

Quite the saga for this little quilt

Hi Swappers! The quilts that have come in so far are the cutest ever!

And fitting right in with this month is my Doll Quilt from Allie.... it is actually for July's patriotic DQ swap. Sadly, last summer Allie's Mom passed away and life got hard. But in December Allie surprised me by sending a quilt anyway - one her mother had seen and admired.

Only I've been laid up with pneumonia and SOMEONE in my family opened Allie's package (mass wrapping was going on with a lot of incoming Christmas presents). And what did they do with this precious gift? Did they let me know it arrived? Did they put it somewhere special? No and no.
    The culprit still has no memory and has not stepped forward, but said perpetrator put Allie's quilt in a pile of "stuff" in another box that ended up tossed into the spare room.

So Allie and I kept waiting for her quilt to arrive and thought for sure the post office had lost it! It wasn't until I found the squished box on the floor of the garage and saw Allie's address on it that I knew something was up and it had to be in our house. Knowing my family's "throw everything you don't want to clean in a box" mentality, it didn't take too much longer to find it. Thank the Lord!

So here it is: Allie's patriotic 4th of July Star in the cheeriest blue and red ever! She also sent me a whole mess of wonderful fat quarters. Thanks a bunch Allie and sorry for the scare!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Allie, I love your red white and blue!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Today was a wonderful day at the post office! I received Needlegrammy's DQ. Barbara, what a beauty it is!

Name:  Doll Quilt from Needlegrammy 1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  Doll Quilt from Needlegrammy 2.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  111.1 KB

Now Barbara said she always liked to tuck in some extras and asked what I needed. I told her a magic wand would be nice -- and she complied -- along with so many other lovely treasures.
    Thank you so much, Barbara!

Name:  Doll Quilt from Needlegrammy Goodies.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  104.0 KB
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Well, Barbara wasn't done. I knew she was sending "extras" but that was an awfully BIG box. I was shocked, surprised and moved to tears when I saw the amazing quilt my darling doll quilters put together. Oh my goodness. What a beauty! It is now in use on our bed -- replacing one that I found at the "refugee center" after the flood.
    It is going to take me a month of Sundays to write to each of you individually to thank you. So for now ... a big group THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You are all so amazing and I just don't even know what to say.

Here it is ... and, as usual ... that stinky little Daisy cannot have her momma go two inches away without following.

Name:  Doll Quilt Group Quilt in bed.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  112.7 KB
    I LOVE IT!!!
    Daisy can stay but I think I'll make my husband sleep on the floor.
    Krystyna

Wow your one loved lady Krystyna. What lovely suprises to be sure. I am always amazed at how good everyone here is and this is just another example. Its reaffirmation that there are good people amongst us.

What a wonderful suprise getting the star quilt! I am so gladyou found it. Can you spell RELIEF? congratulations!

last. ok in the package of quilty things there is a package of what looks like barretts? for sewing? the dog? kyrstyna? I am now invisioning 101 uses but shoot if I get past two. I would think more dq's would be finding their way home by now.. are they slower because of Christmas maybe?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast