Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Blog Entries
    thank you all
    Allie

Blog Entries
    Yes! I am feeling the love! The barrettes are to use as binding clips. The dog was not included in the package. That is Daisy who seems to be my appendage.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Oh, Krystyna, so glad you enjoyed your surprise. We sure enjoyed making our blocks for you. Not to worry about sending us individual "thank yous." By the picture, I can see that you so happy and truly are thankful! You are so deserving. Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
    TammyB, Your dq is supposed to get to you Friday but I checked and it was in Warrendale, PA today so I can't believe it can get clear to Washington by tomorrow. Here is your confirmation #03123190000216013165. I'm betting on Saturday..........anxious to see if you like it.
    Well, didn't see it today. I'll be on the lookout for tomorrow. I usually get my mail late in the afternoon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
    Oh, Krystyna, so glad you enjoyed your surprise. We sure enjoyed making our blocks for you. Not to worry about sending us individual "thank yous." By the picture, I can see that you so happy and truly are thankful! You are so deserving. Blessings.
    I do love it so much. I can't wait to go to bed. And just think ... I'll be taking each and every one of you to sleep with me every night. I was happy to have the quilt I found under a tree, but now I can repair it and pass it on.
    Krystyna

So glad you liked the quilt. I truly enjoyed making a block to send for it. Hugs
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Junior Member Happy Cat Quilter's Avatar
    Although, I played a very minor roll it was my pleasure!
    I saw the finished quilt in person and it is a very beautiful effort put together by a group of beautiful women! Needlegrammy did a fantastic job putting all our blocks of love together into the quilt.
    Happy Cat Quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    Hi everyone, I'd like to give a big THANKS to some special ladies who helped me with a special project earlier. Actually all I did was make the suggestion and everyone worked together and it came together.
    Thanks go out to Needlegrammy (Barbara), HappyCatQuilter (Linda), Just a Quilter(Connie), Dotcomdtcm (Dotty), and Barbara's boss. Without the outstanding job you ladies did our project would not have run so smoothly. And to everyone else who contributed you did great .... thanks again .... hugs and happy quilting..... Crazy Quiltin Robin
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Cat Quilter View Post
    Although, I played a very minor roll it was my pleasure!
    I saw the finished quilt in person and it is a very beautiful effort put together by a group of beautiful women! Needlegrammy did a fantastic job putting all our blocks of love together into the quilt.
    Happy Cat Quilter
    Linda, that's not what I heard. I heard you played a very big role. And I am so grateful. You all kept this a very good secret!!!! I will have to get a better photo of the entire quilt. For some reason my camera was getting weird, but with new batteries and in daylight I think I'll be able to get a good photo.
    Krystyna

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar

The first pictures by Needlegrammy of Krystyna's quilt ... so pretty

I will share the pictures Barbara sent to me when the quilt was done .... it is indeed a beautiful Quilt ..... I am so happy that it is with Krystyna and she is keeping warm under it ...... so many hugs and warm wishes come with this quilt ... such a beautiful job on this quilt .......CQR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crazy Quiltin Robin

My dq is done and on its way to a new home.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Ok now I want to know why barretts vs pins? you see I love new tricks so everyone got a great trick feel free to tell me you can never learn too many.

question of the week: is there an average number of quilters who play dq every month? curiousity and all
    today is my lucky day: quilting ALL DAY LONG woke up at 4:30 but its a tad brisk and I dont want to get out from under these lovely blankets on the couch. time to get in gear. I think I will make much progress on my to do's today and hope you all find time to do the same. Its such a rewarding feeling isn't it when you look back when your done and say wow that looks soooo good. happy thoughts.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

What a beautiful expression of Love & Care this quilt is ladies!!! Krystyna, your smile lighting up your face like that says it all! I am in awe.... this quilt is simply gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Well, Barbara wasn't done. I knew she was sending "extras" but that was an awfully BIG box. I was shocked, surprised and moved to tears when I saw the amazing quilt my darling doll quilters put together. Oh my goodness. What a beauty! It is now in use on our bed -- replacing one that I found at the "refugee center" after the flood.
    It is going to take me a month of Sundays to write to each of you individually to thank you. So for now ... a big group THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You are all so amazing and I just don't even know what to say.

Here it is ... and, as usual ... that stinky little Daisy cannot have her momma go two inches away without following.

Attachment 390768
    I LOVE IT!!!
    Daisy can stay but I think I'll make my husband sleep on the floor.

LOL - Hubby got preempted by the dog eh?
    Krystyna - it always strikes me...Daisy really looks like our Pip's twin sister... just look at her - the pup on the right below. I showed my DH the photo of you enjoying your beautiful quilt and the first thing he said was "That looks like Pippy!"

This is the doll quilt I sent to my partner..hope she likes it

Very pretty NanaKathy - I am sure she will love it. If she doesn't - give her my address.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar

Jan DQ

My partner Nancia and I are both cursed with magnetic personalities that seem to attract only stray animals. We decided to make each other a mini with this theme in mind. Here is the one I sent her:

That is to cute

Nancy, love the dog house DQ, I would have to take home everyone of those puppies
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post

LOL - Hubby got preempted by the dog eh?
    Krystyna - it always strikes me...Daisy really looks like our Pip's twin sister... just look at her - the pup on the right below. I showed my DH the photo of you enjoying your beautiful quilt and the first thing he said was "That looks like Pippy!"
    Oh my gosh! Yes! Do you know what Pippy is? We adopted Daisy and I think she might be a mix of chihuahua and cairn terrier. Pip has that crazy hair like Daisy -- they look like lions. Does she growl when you pet her? Daisy makes the craziest noises.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    NanaKathy55, that is such a sweet quilt. Love the charms!
    Nancy, love those pups. That is too sweet. And, like you, I suspect that if we had a larger house there would be more than just two adoptees in our home.
    Krystyna

NanaKathy - your heart quilt is so pretty and delicate - the lace and the yo-yos add such a sweet touch!
    Nancy - how cute your doggy quilt is and what a great, personalized idea for Nancia!

LOL Krystyna - I like your guess on Daisy's ancestry. It looks just about right. We adopted Pip too - she was confiscated by the Humane Society from a puppy mill. We were told that the mill was cranking out "designer" breeds and that Pip is half mini schnauzer and half yorkie. When I looked at pictures of "Schnorkies" only one of them looked like Pip. Your Daisy is the closest I've seen. My DD's BF calls her "the cutest funny looking dog I've ever seen".
    And YES to the crazy noises! All the mumbling, and moaning and under her breath cursing really cracks us up.

DQ from Skaduzy

Hey everyone! Look what I received from Skaduzy! Isn't it beautiful. So sweet. She went with a Valentine theme. The applique is gorgeous and look at that stippling! I absolutely LOVE IT! I also received socks, notepad and post-it notes. I am one lucky lady. THANK YOU so much Sue!

Blog Entries
    Very cute, Skaduzy! The quilting is wonderful. Mine is done and just about to be mailed!
    Krystyna

I hope to mail CrazyquiltinRobin's on Wednesday. I am trying to get a binding on it. I have already reworked it twice and then tore all of the binding off as it didn't catch. Will hopefully get it done tonight and in the mail tomorrow.
    Love the DQs that are coming in.
    Aunt Janey

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast