Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012

Blog Entries
    I love dragons! I am reading the Chris D'Lacey series right now. I got them at a yard sale for my grandson but thought I should read them first... you know to make sure they are ok...LOL I can't put them down.

My blocks took a stall, I got an order for two more memory quilts and had to finish up wedding dress and then a week at my son's...

So back on track to make more magical forest blocks, pictures when I get them pressed and ready to mail.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to post a quick reminder about this swap. I must have all blocks in my hands by June 1. That means you should probably think about mailing mid-May. There is still a month before we reach that point, so plenty of time to sew and mail, but I like to give a heads up. I have received 3 sets so far. I will be going on vacation in June and I want to have these swapped prior to me leaving, so this deadline has to be steadfast. I cannot wait to see everything you guys are working on!!

If you need my mailing address, please send me a PM and I would be happy to provide it. be sure to re-read the mailing instructions from the first page before sending.

Thanks everyone!!
    Rachel

Thanks for being a great hostess, Rachel!

Hi Rachel,

OK...I'm going very traditional with this one and making the classic "Pine Tree" block, http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte....html?idx=8261 , in a variety of colors, with some vintage fabrics. I've been looking for a good mushroom block pattern, but most of them look kinda wonky. I'll have them done in time and send them over as soon as I'm finished. What's everyone else doing?
    ~ C.

Quote Originally Posted by tropit View Post
    Hi Rachel,

OK...I'm going very traditional with this one and making the classic "Pine Tree" block, http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte....html?idx=8261 , in a variety of colors, with some vintage fabrics. I've been looking for a good mushroom block pattern, but most of them look kinda wonky. I'll have them done in time and send them over as soon as I'm finished. What's everyone else doing?
    ~ C.
    That sounds perfect!! I am loving all the magical blocks, but we definitely need some more trees as well. Can't wait to see your version!

Cheers!
    Rachel

I am so excited. Here are my dragons in progress. After I appliqued them, I drew on them with a pencil, then I used a permanent pen. I am afraid to sew over the permanent marker, because I might mess them up. Do you like my dragons? I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Really fun dragons. Love them.

I've changed my direction...sorry...no more tradtitional pine tree blocks. They turned out to be huge (12.5" blocks) and I just didn't have enough fabric to do 4 sets of 6. Instead, I did one set of simple trees and will think up some more things. I may do a bit of applique on my trees.

Those dragons are adorable!

~C.

Quote Originally Posted by tropit View Post
    I've changed my direction...sorry...no more tradtitional pine tree blocks. They turned out to be huge (12.5" blocks) and I just didn't have enough fabric to do 4 sets of 6. Instead, I did one set of simple trees and will think up some more things. I may do a bit of applique on my trees.

Those dragons are adorable!

~C.
    Sounds great!! I hope you'll share pics.

Rachel

Blog Entries
    I love the dragons, my favorite is the purple, and the one bustin' out of the egg! They are so cute.

My blocks are just a variety. I will have them finished before the 29th of April. I think I already have two sets done, where did I put that darn camera, I will send you all a peek of some of my creations!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast