Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"Make it round" mug rug swap >

"Make it round" mug rug swap

"Make it round" mug rug swap

Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 AM

Abd, absolute favorite is your citris circle, love the fish and the pandas. All of your creations are great. Wow!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 AM

Well candi I can garuntee my GA is not suggesting I'm too organized . I do have a syndrome of "I'll put this where I know I can find it, only to not find it where I think I put it. Then much later finding it and thinking --oh yeah that's where it was, and remembering how I thought it was a good idea at the time. But in this case it mostly was I have to figure out what to use for batting and then getting another idea in looking at a fabric and going in that direction. Its part of my creative process --I think. Anyway I have come up with another idea that I am very tickled about and hope you enjoy it too! I think it will fit you to a T.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 AM

till waiting to hear from my swap partner. have the mug rugs ready to go. getting a little anxious, but i'm trying to be patient, just not my strong suit!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Well candi I can garuntee my GA is not suggesting I'm too organized . I do have a syndrome of "I'll put this where I know I can find it, only to not find it where I think I put it. Then much later finding it and thinking --oh yeah that's where it was, and remembering how I thought it was a good idea at the time. But in this case it mostly was I have to figure out what to use for batting and then getting another idea in looking at a fabric and going in that direction. Its part of my creative process --I think. Anyway I have come up with another idea that I am very tickled about and hope you enjoy it too! I think it will fit you to a T.
LOL. Well I can't wait
Have three of your ready..will work on the fourth this week and hoping to get them in the mail next week
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM

Abd, these are fabulous! Lovely collection.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 AM

So happy, have them cut out and ready to sew together. They will be a bit different I think. Used some old crocheted items for one, some beads for another, a coffee cup panel for another, and made up a unique design from a photo I saw of a quilt done by Laura Heine years ago so thought would incorporate that idea into a mug rug. Dug out my homespuns from the Buggy Barn and got to use my circle ruler that my children got me for Christmas. Now, when does lunch get here. Wish I could video this new squirrel that is coming to my office. So skiddish. It is a female. She is so afraid of the window but you can tell she wants the food that is sitting there. So cute they are. Yes, my work entertainment. Now, to get work done, darn quarterly reports. Got to be done.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM

OK QuilterMomma, I am awake .... old crochet, beads, coffee cup and Laura Heine sounds like a superb combination. My imagination is off and running. Does that mean I can let my creative side emerge?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM

Emerge where? Of course you can. That is the fun of it right? I have one more that you do not know about that my daughter called a UFO. It is something I made a while back that I am adding onto a mug rug for you. Will have to work on my quilting of a small item on the longarm. Should be pretty though if it does what I want it to. Then I get a UFO done for the month. Yeah! I have not done any of them because having so much fun swapping that I had to incorporate the two to accomplish both goals at once. Aint I special.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM

I'm so proud!
This swap has infected my 17 year old daughter with the mug rug madness! She's been following along as I've made my rugs for this swap, helped with some design decisions, and declared at least one of my off-casts for herself. Tonight she designed her own round mug rug. It's a bookshelf with books lined up on it. They will have the titles of John Keats poems on them and just under the shelf she will embroider the last line of "Brightstar".
Talent AND brains!
(she's really pretty, too!! LOL)
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
I'm so proud!
This swap has infected my 17 year old daughter with the mug rug madness! She's been following along as I've made my rugs for this swap, helped with some design decisions, and declared at least one of my off-casts for herself. Tonight she designed her own round mug rug. It's a bookshelf with books lined up on it. They will have the titles of John Keats poems on them and just under the shelf she will embroider the last line of "Brightstar".
Talent AND brains!
(she's really pretty, too!! LOL)
Congratulations!!! Another quilter in the making!!!