Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!! >

March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!!

March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 AM

Hi Terriamn,

Great to hear you are in...

Bee
Old 03-07-2014, 02:56 AM

terriamn I didn't get it! could you resend it to me? thanks!!

I see blue bells and those little white flowers that my mom always had in her garden growing up. We had the best flowers always .. me? omg I am super good at planting them. Thankfully I have always had a gardener to keep them up because well I am horrific! how to kill a garden in 3 easy seconds! give it to BRAT! I am stunningly wonderful however with .. silk flowers. Yes I am. I can keep them alive so long you might have to kick me to throw them out. Yuppers. magnificent. So instead of growing flowers I thought what a marvelous way to get them into my home no water required! YOU TOO could have your own bouquet of beautiful flowers for your coffee table or dinner table. Just sign on up now and I will make sure you are pared up with one of the other gems here and you will get your very own FLOWER themed table runner!! How cool is that!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:50 AM

ok have you been to Pinterest? and typed in spring flower quilt table runners? omg.. oh so cute!!! if you haven't gone I highly recommend it. I can not believe we only have a dozen swappers on here! Come on! sign up!! this is your chance! you could ask your partner to make you a subtle runner, a wild runner or even just a surprise runner! how could you not want a gorgeous table topper like people are making here? oh so fun and so quick and easy to make. Its a great way to expand your skills in quilting while keeping things simple and small! so sign on up! jump on over to the other side!!! lol.. we would sure love to have you!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:10 PM

I sent you a PM. Is there room for one more?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Default March April Table Mat/Runner Fun!

Just checking in here to say hello and show you a little project I have been working on for my mother. She is 83. She has her own apartment adjacent to our house. Its really difficult to keep her on a healthy diet.....goes for the cookies and toast with jelly. So I took a short break from my quilting board projects to try a little experiment. Thinking about the table mat/runner swap lately, I decided to make her a table mat for her round kitchen table from a fat quarter and some stash. I used a 16 inch block pattern (Corner Star) and will add a lime green, small border and a 3 inch border of the sliced fruit shown here in the triangles. She loves it so far....and who could resist fruit after looking at this under their plate everyday! Just had to share this....ready to get started. I could see this same idea with spring flowers!

Bee
Attached Thumbnails quilting-board-march-april-tablemat-fun.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 PM

Count me in. I'll send my info to Elisabrat in a few minutes.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 PM

I'm signing up too.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:59 PM

wow great sign ups! Bee think she will go oh tht is gorgeous while she eats her toast and jelly. I figure when I am that old please let me just be. I mean we will all go .. so let her go happy. If eating whatever she wants works you can only say you tried .. and that is a really lovely try I might add

I know we will have some fun quilt tops made this month and if your doing the fat quarter swap well lucky you it was all about spring flowers! I think we can all come up with something that show cases what spring is.. oh goody! I can hardly wait! one more day of sign ups!!! hurry up come one come all!!! join us in a month of fun new starts and watch the oohs and the ahhs come in!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
wow great sign ups! Bee think she will go oh tht is gorgeous while she eats her toast and jelly. I figure when I am that old please let me just be. I mean we will all go .. so let her go happy. If eating whatever she wants works you can only say you tried .. and that is a really lovely try I might add

I know we will have some fun quilt tops made this month and if your doing the fat quarter swap well lucky you it was all about spring flowers! I think we can all come up with something that show cases what spring is.. oh goody! I can hardly wait! one more day of sign ups!!! hurry up come one come all!!! join us in a month of fun new starts and watch the oohs and the ahhs come in!
Brat.....hahahaha! You for sure know my mother! She will do exactly that!......maybe agree to peach jelly! Thank you for the gentle reminder! I needed that. I prepare all her meals. I suspect Jake and Leo ( our dogs) are eating really well...:).

So looking forward to this swap!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:11 PM

Well took a lot of thinking, but why should I pass this up? So count me in...;o)

Jean