Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!! >

March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!!

March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!!

Old 03-12-2014, 07:34 PM

Default Words to Share

Dear Elisabrat,

I know I am new to Quilting Board and I am just getting to know many of you. So if this post seems to be a little bold on my part...well after today I am just going to post it anyway!

I opened my eyes unusually early this morning.....had an appointment I was dreading at 2:00 p.m. ....and the early anxiety had set in. So I went to Quilting Board to sort of "change the station" and decided to check in on the past table runner swaps and take a look at the spring flowers swap to get some ideas and maybe learn something I could use in this swap.

It was then I realized that some misunderstandings had taken place. I read through the threads and kept checking in all morning to see if all was resolved and everyone/everything was rolling forward. Seemed a silly thing that started the negative energy!

When I did not see a post from you....I turned off the computer and went upstairs to get dressed with you heavy on my mind. It takes me a while to get dressed these days.....I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in March of 2010. I was thinking about the past four years and how much I have changed - all for the better. And the amazing thing is that when I am in the sewing room working on a project.....my symptoms literally evaporate! And even more amazing is the joy I receive from finishing a block or a table mat for a QB friend and how it allows me to share that joy with people like you!

So I left the house on my way to my 2:00 o'clock appointment trying to decide whether to post comments and more importantly to post what? What words could I share that would communicate what I have learned....without sounding like a long string of over used cliché's.

I arrived at my appointment and there it was on the wall in the waiting room (meeting with an attorney). I was certain from that moment that I wanted to share this with you. I hope you can enlarge the zoom to read the words that are written on the wall plaque.

We have all taken the opportunity on occasion to be a royal b_ _ _head! And we usually fire at the least deserving person(s). The beauty of who we are as humans is that empathy and compassion for each other will usually find its way and all is well. I love people who make mistakes...and those who give us that space.

I have decided to make a quilt with eight embroidery blocks containing these words. This has been a great day!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mother Teresa Photo.pdf (135.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 AM

that is a really nice post on Mother Teresa. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have my list going and will post the names/partners this afternoon!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 AM

Yyyaaaahh! Can't wait to get my table mat creation on the front burner!

Bee
Old 03-13-2014, 12:49 PM

Here is a Spring table runner I completed last month -- still not quilted and bound, but the top is done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]467028[/ATTACH]
I'm working on two more in different florals and colours. This is probably my favourite tablerunner pattern as changing around the fabrics makes it look casual or formal.
Attached Thumbnails ht-mystery-tablerunner-3-5.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 PM

ok ladies! here is your partner list: please contact them and let me know if you have trouble reaching someone perhaps I might have typed their name in wrong (scroll up to double check before you write me)

1. LETSQUILT - Maryb119

2. LDUGAS - Belfrybat

3. BeeBeatty - Annt59

4. Skaduzy - Terriam

5. KGoodhand - Jaba

6. Mizmelly - Oksewnsew

7. Homeschoolmom - nursequilter

please let me know if I can help!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM

ALLRIGHT! How exciting! Belfrybat....I really like that table runner pattern. Nice design to showcase spring flowers. ...and Hello to Aunt59. I have my sewing room organized and ready to get started. Love to hear your ideas!

Bee (Carolyn)
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
ALLRIGHT! How exciting! Belfrybat....I really like that table runner pattern. Nice design to showcase spring flowers. ...and Hello to Aunt59. I have my sewing room organized and ready to get started. Love to hear your ideas!

Bee (Carolyn)

Oops! It's Annt59
Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM

Linda (LDUGAS) and I have been in touch and are sharing ideas back and forth. I know the "rule" about not imposing wishes on our partner, but I'd much rather know her likes and dislikes so I can make something she will use. After all, I'm making it just for her.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:12 PM

I love her ideas.I am planning on making her a tablerunner of beautiful flowers.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:46 AM

I've also been in touch with my partner and hope to be heading downstairs to audition fabrics soon but I just can't get motivated today. Think I need a good kick in the rear end. Might be because dh is working in the storage room next to my sewing room and making tons of noise. Terriamn