March - Boom 18

Old 03-26-2017, 05:49 AM

Can someone please walk me thru how to do the ratings again?

I just wanted to let everyone know that my blocks were awesome and perfect size, I almost have my top put together, it only took a short time yesterday because they were all spot on in size.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Can't wait to see your quilt top, Mona!

To leave feedback, click on the little blue number for feedback score, last line under a person's avatar to the left of their post. That opens their feedback page. The click on "leave feedback for ________" in the right sidebar of that page, also highlighted in blue.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hope you can rest and get better quick, Bootsy!
Got to the dr today I am in a little mess according to him I have the flu but also sinus infection He has me on a ton of med due to coughing, not sleeping, antibotics etc... I had to take 6 pregizones today, 5 tomorrow then 4 then 3 then 2 then one along with 3 other pills in a strange way oh well he signed out of work which is good cause I am so tired from no sleep. hopefully I will start to be myself soon hate being this sick.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

That's a lot of steroids... you should be feeling much, much better in a few days. Be sure you take all the pills tho and don't stop just because you feel better. An infection can flare back up so finish your prescription out. Also, drink tons of water. Just keep drinking!

Sounds as if your immunities could use a boost, too. Dark leafy greens are loaded with immunity strengthening B vitamins. I start cooking and eating chopped turnip greens cooked in chicken broth at the first sign of any kind of cold or whatever... it's amazing how fast I recover. Just a reminder: Sugar depletes your immune system. And milk is loaded with lactose sugar.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I've been watching this BOOM swap and learning how it works (maybe for future). Please don't forget to post finished tops too! I'm loving the process!

We love new blood and fresh new block ideas! Please join us next time.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:18 AM

Hope you both get feeling better soon, just follow those doctor's orders. I got the top put together and it's packed and ready to go to Wyoming so I can quilt it. I have a few of them to do when we get back home [ATTACH=CONFIG]570394[/ATTACH]Yesterday we spent the day at the beach with this little one. Myla is like a little fish, she loves the water[ATTACH=CONFIG]570395[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3413.jpg   img_5334.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

What a doll Myla is! It's going to be hard to leave her for the summer....

Love how you put your quilt together. That big center medallion looks great. You balanced all the colors and styles really well, too. Nice job! Such a pretty quilt.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:19 PM

Thank you sewbizgirl, I'm very pleased with how the quilt turned out. Pretty easy when all of you made nice blocks. It goes together much easierwith the sizes right!
We are going to miss Myla for sure, have to wait until July 1 to see her and then she will be at the Wyoming house for a week.....yahoo! Mike and Julie are flying "home" for July 4th celebration, think he feels sorry for Grandma but that's okay
Old 03-26-2017, 02:19 PM

I hope everyone recovers from their surgeries and illness soon. Jaba your quilt turned out great.

Here is my boom 18 quilt top, ready to go to the long arm quilter the next time I run out to her house.
Attached Thumbnails boom-18-before-quilting.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That's a lot of steroids... you should be feeling much, much better in a few days. Be sure you take all the pills tho and don't stop just because you feel better. An infection can flare back up so finish your prescription out. Also, drink tons of water. Just keep drinking!

Sounds as if your immunities could use a boost, too. Dark leafy greens are loaded with immunity strengthening B vitamins. I start cooking and eating chopped turnip greens cooked in chicken broth at the first sign of any kind of cold or whatever... it's amazing how fast I recover. Just a reminder: Sugar depletes your immune system. And milk is loaded with lactose sugar.
Thank you so much for your input. I will try your greens in chicken broth right now I cant eat a thing but that will change. Been drink lots os water and diet ginger ale for a change gets boring just water all the time. I feel kinda light headed must be the (6) steroids lol