Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 565 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 564 565 566 575 615 665 1065 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Banned
    It is amazing, afire with color. If it was mine, I would use a dark burnt orange, Sage Green or Rust. And since it is a fall theme, maybe a large outer border of Large Fall Leaves in every warm fall color you could think of.
    I know what ever you do will be perfect.
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Onward.......Here are the blocks for my fall theme. Question....What color sashing and border do you think I should use. There is lots of oranges in them but would more orange be too much? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell
    It is amazing, afire with color. If it was mine, I would use a dark burnt orange, Sage Green or Rust. And since it is a fall theme, maybe a large outer border of Large Fall Leaves in every warm fall color you could think of.
    R
    Onward.......Here are the blocks for my fall theme. Question....What color sashing and border do you think I should use. There is lots of oranges in them but would more orange be too much? Any suggestions?
    I agree, sounds awesome.

Both sound good. MMMMM I will have to see what I can find. Thank you for your input. If anyone else has a suggestion, feel free. Will be a few days before I get to fabric store.

Banned
    You mean you don't go daily. LOL. I thought that was a requirement for being a quilter ( at least my wife thinks it is.) everytime I say lets go for aride, she says "what shop this time?....Ha Ha Ha
    R
    Both sound good. MMMMM I will have to see what I can find. Thank you for your input. If anyone else has a suggestion, feel free. Will be a few days before I get to fabric store.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell
    R
    Robert - some great ideas. When I get stumped I know who to ask. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    BLACK would be a thought!! Really would set them off.
    Shirley/Tn.(jigs1354)

Blog Entries
    here are 2 more block for extra swap with janet wall hope she likes them her theme is flowers and butterflys
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That's going to be beautiful. Black might make a nice sashing. It would both frame them well and be fall-ish. On the other hand, I see some pretty consistent hints of raspberry and of green. Those might work well. I don't know if the picture is representing the colors well though. If you look at the picture on the board I think you'll see what I mean.

My scrappy BOM quilt from the swap theme before I did stars. Did it in the strip quilt method that I used on the batik quilt from BOM that I posted a few months ago. Since the front blocks are scrappy, figured I'd use a scrappy back, too. It was meant to be a summer blanket, used a very low loft batt but still too warm for summer. Since it is a blanket, the ends were angled to make the tuck-in easier.

Finally finished this, and now I can get to the star quilt!

Back is a little ugly, but it gets the job done!
    Name:  Attachment-223063.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  63.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I vote for a deep burnt orange and dark brown, not sure which should be sash and which to be border. I think i personally would go with burnt orange border. Gorgeous fall quilt, Florence.