Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 01-28-2012, 10:49 AM

I agree with oldcatlady. Nice to see themes. Most members follow through. I don't understand why some don't. I think they should walk the plank if they don't follow through. If there is a problem and they can't get there committment filled, they should contact the hostess so she in turn can take action to maybe have someone else make a block.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:51 AM

Totally AGREE
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM

I sent out ny block to my pal ,hope she likes it,it is the colors she like.

Cuppy
Old 01-28-2012, 11:05 AM

I think that if you do not receive a block that a central person should be contacted and the negligent person be taken off the swap list..that cperson can join back later etc. I am not getting about a third of my blocks yet I am making all of them. Maybe have the blocks due by the 25th of the month and then there 5 days to delete the non doers for the next month. I am seriously thinking of quiting this particular swap. I will work with anyone and life happens but I need some communication. IMHO
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM

I love the block exchange and seeing everyone's blocks. I wish we could have a shorter thread. If we could restart the thread every year or some other increment. Other BOMs have this and I would like it if the thread was a more manageable size. Also, not to be a boob about it, I wish that the thread would be confined to the assigned blocks exchanged each month and comments on them. Perhaps I'm old and crochety, but having to scroll through conversations people are having with each other about other blocks they make, side swaps (unless it is multiple blocks on their monthly swap), etc. would be confined to PM or they could make another thread for their enthusiastic sharing. It's hard for me to get to know people on the list with all the extra chatter. When I did Farmer's Wife, we had a discussion page and a picture page. There was a thread for every week, which was 2 blocks. I got to know everyone doing the blocks and we became friends.

I don't want to hurt feelings here. I just think enthusiasm just flows over and it takes a lot of posts back and forth beyond just the assigned monthly blocks.

Feel free to comment on my comment. I may be mistaken, but please don't take offense.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM

Quilting nonnie - I find it to be the opposite - I feel like I know the people here more for not only reading their posts just once or twice a month when they send/receive their assigned block.
Would it be possible to use the group section more? Or maybe have more than one thread on the main board? One for assigned swaps, and one for extras? It might be a compromise
Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Sue, by chance did you take a picture of the blocks you made me that you could post? They were great.

Terriamn
Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Since we changed, I've done 3 months where I've had "conversations" with my partners. I didn't get one from my November partner, just an apology. (Though she DID get a block from me.) I did get one for December, and my January partner says she's mailed it but I haven't gotten it. Of course, January's not over yet. I think I've got enough of the theme I've been working on, so I either have to create a new theme, or quit the swap. I'll let you know.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
I think that if you do not receive a block that a central person should be contacted and the negligent person be taken off the swap list..that cperson can join back later etc. I am not getting about a third of my blocks yet I am making all of them. Maybe have the blocks due by the 25th of the month and then there 5 days to delete the non doers for the next month. I am seriously thinking of quiting this particular swap. I will work with anyone and life happens but I need some communication. IMHO
I send my Dec. block Dec. 15 but have not heard or received antyhing back. I was wondering if anyone else had problems. This post confirms that. I think since it is not centralized this is maybe more of an issue. There is not much the host can do if it is not centralized. Fortunately my Jan. is responding back and we will be sending most likely on Monday. I am second thinking signing up for swaps that are not centralized.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 01-29-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 AM

Here are the pictures of the blocks I sent terriamn. Thanks again for swapping three blocks. I love the ones I received.
Attached Thumbnails p1110775-small-.jpg