Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-16-2013, 05:38 AM

oh goody I want to stay on the list.. for two if needed this is fun.. today I make that house block I have been stalling on. Oksewnsew does my partner who is having surgery know that I am her partner or do I need to write her. I cant remember now (laugh go ahead) hey I know who she is Scrapper.. argh pirates. guess when she gets my block she will know for sure if not its ok its a tough month for her so a block should be a nice surprise.

I see frost everywhere this morning a fresh cool 30 or so but hey its going to hit 50 today!! toasty suntanning weather!! and then.. cool off again. I will take this one beautiful day and run with it though. I am going to the.. quilt store this morning. I know I know brag.. but I need batting so I am now forced to go (tie my arms behind me and drag me in there ).. just going to 'peak' at snow fabric that is it. not looking at anything else. (liar liar pants on fire)..
Old 10-16-2013, 07:41 AM

Default Cajunbear

I received my block from cajunbear yesterday.Thank you so much, I love it!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Oh I am glad it arrived and you like it! Fun getting to,be your partner!

hugs,
Betty
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Okie dokie... I signed up to start in November's swap.

Some of you know me from the Boomerang swaps over the years and I'm new to others. Ask me and I'll tell ya anything you want to know (well most anything). Some of you might remember that my Dad was my chief "Ironer" and partner in the swaps...he passed away at the end of July so I'm really trying to get back into some sewing again...it's not the same without him to help...besides I hate to iron and he loved it.

Now to come up with a theme between now and then...I have so many thoughts it is hard to narrow it down.

Are y'all allowed to ask for a theme of say Sunbonnet Sues or Dresden plates or Maple Leaves or is that too specific or does it need to be more general of just colors or just "things"? I feel like an Easter Egg on Sunday morning before the kids get up

I've only been making blocks for a few years but hopefully all my swap partners in the past have liked what I've sent them. I try to send stuff that I'd be proud to receive and show off too.

Looking forward to joining -- here's some links if you want to check me out

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...n-t213701.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...n-t199355.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t160937.html
Old 10-16-2013, 03:03 PM

I am enjoying all the eye candy. Pretty blocks everyone.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Moon, you can pick any theme you want. Most of the ladies are talented and if you discuss with your partner what you'd like, I'm sure she'll tell you if it's beyond her expertise`. Just be sure to communicate with your partner. Glad you've decided to join us..it is a fun group.

Jean
Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 PM

well I finished my house.. in the woods and its in the mail! oh yeah! I have decided if a specific block is not picked I will do one block for all my swaps that month which in theory might make me better at that block by the end. do it once.. good, do it twice, better.. three times? the charm! I had colors given this month to me twice and one specific buildings.. so I chose a home in the woods. I hope that answers your question on what we do. its different each month as your partner is different each month. I pray I don't get Dresden plates! yikes that would really push me!!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:04 PM

I keep mixing up my partners not the envelopes nor what they want but what I write here. I apologize for this you guys. maybe too much on my plate and not enough short term memory to get things straight. a tough week I see. I am so sorry. feeling like a dumb bunny at this point and promise not to post for fear of mixing up things again. oh how goofy is that...
Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 AM

It's ok brat, we love you just the way you are I don't know if this helps when I have a few to make I fill out the envelope with the address and put the board name on it to. Seems to help me keep things straight
Old 10-17-2013, 04:30 AM

oh the fabric stuff, I am grand at envelopes. I do stuff them correctly. its here that I blow it. thanks for the nice words materialgrl (ha got it right!). I just come here, seven or eight swaps, and well I get mixed up.