Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Fat Quarter Swap :  Christmas/blenders and a side swap too! >

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:18 AM

fabrics in space. that will be the new thread for lost fabrics. everyone can post and have a marvelous time sharing how ludicrous the excuses the post office gives you! ok sounds like a 1000 postings first day site. maybe I shouldn't start that. I am so sorry for lost mailings. I want a note from you to me please did you not receive this months item? Kiffie I know did not. I also want angel offers in my mail box. I need at least 3. its something I wont ask of anyone more than once every six months. this way no one gets to carry the shoulder each and every month for anyone. so help if you can I know it will be appreciated. AND kiffie just shut up. I know what your going to say before you say it and forget it is all I have to say. What goes around comes around. In both bad and good ways.

three more days til next months swap. winter is such a great theme.. it goes for months, the season is good for everyone as well we all have WINTER going for us. and there will be a side swap of extra Christmas for those who want more and tone on tone/blenders so when sign ups come let me know just the regular swap of winter or a side swap of Christmas or both! tada!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:10 AM

tubsfam can you tell me the brand or where I might find the burgundy red/with the little white dots fabric? Sure could use some more of it. Thanks
Brat, Kiffee received her package
Old 10-23-2014, 07:50 PM

Yep, I'm good, I got all mine. I pm'd you a few days ago...your memory is as "unique" as mine...

And Brat,
Maybe I WASN'T going to offer to be an angel...maybe I was going to pm you that I WANT MORE OF EVERYTHING!!! Bwahaahaaa!!!!

Or, maybe you know me pretty well..

So, even though I'm FAR from angelic (though I'm trying to be nice mostly...) If anyone needs help, bypass Brat and pm me...

Love yas, Brat!!
Kif
Old 10-24-2014, 11:40 AM

tubsfam your partner would like confirmation you received from her (directly to her please). Remember everyone its nice to be acknowledged. I don't care if you say you like or don't like it (ok don't have to say anything then) but say I got it its a great thing to do for someone. Nothing less than is asked for you.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 PM

Just tracked the 2nd package sent to hairquilt. Seems it's taken 5 days to get from nor cal to so cal. WTH? Maybe the post office is trying to make me use priority for everything I send? Ugh!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:36 PM

Found that same thing happening here also TL, I just send everything priority mail now. November and December always takes longer it seems and with so many packages being lost lately I am getting leary on if they are going to arrive. I've sent all my Christmas packages for the board and other swaps out. I know they are way early but I'd rather they get there before the rush or if they don't at least I have time to remake them and to re-mail. Guess maybe the happenings around here of the last month have made me think twice about you never know what tomorrow is going to bring.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
tubsfam your partner would like confirmation you received from her (directly to her please). Remember everyone its nice to be acknowledged. I don't care if you say you like or don't like it (ok don't have to say anything then) but say I got it its a great thing to do for someone. Nothing less than is asked for you.
Brat,
Thank you. It's not that I want a BIG thank you, it's that I worry maybe the pkg got lost. It's happened to me now, so I'm really more aware. And it takes 30 seconds to send a quick pm that only has to say, "Thanks".

Ellie,
Got your pm, sorry I missed your post before. I can't trade that tree fabric, it's spoken for from my daughter-in-law..she hasn't said what she wants made from it, only that she LOVES it! She is one who loves crafting, but she doesn't sew or quilt, and has no desire... So it's a rare thing for her to see a fabric and love it. Now my lil granddaughter..she loves going through my fabric, and sorting it..and can't wait to learn to sew on her own machine.

I bought her one of those 3/4 size Janome machines maybe for Christmas, or her birthday. She was 5 in June, so she's a lil young yet. Right now she sits on my lap and pushes the start/stop button.
I got The purple Thunder Janome..as she loves purple. It also has a guard on the presser foot for safety..which I love that idea.
Here's a link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Janome-Purple-.../dp/B00IIW2GF4

Right now it's hidden in my closet. It's about killing me waiting to give it to her! Lol..

WMUTeach sent the tree fabric, maybe she has more, you can try pming her maybe?
Regards all,
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-24-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:45 AM

Okay, it's the 25th and I'm posting a PM to be included in winter the swap. Don't tell me I'm the first one? It is the 25th, is it not?? Wow, it's a quarter to twelve and no postings as yet.
Brat, am PMing you now.
Thank you.
Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 10-26-2014, 08:13 AM

ok Sewellie your in and the first. I didn't post yesterday and apologize. A friend of mine from dialysis didn't make it and it made me very sad and also very concerned about my own time left. It is tough when you know it daily yet like to forget. then something like this happens which puts things right back up front and in perspective.

I posted the new swap so come on over and sign up! cant wait to see what comes in next month.
mailings: mail early if you can on fq swaps be ready when its starting to go and you can just put them in the mail box so there is less worry about where they are. the later you mail the more people get concerned. and worried and things get lost and no time to mail for replacements or angel packages before the month is over. so pick your fabrics package your fabrics and big one here MAIL your packages and we all are happy. hope we have more swappers next month!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:46 AM

I just got an email saying my repro fabs are in Little Rock!!!!! They should get to you tomorrow Hairquilt! at least I hope so [fingers crossed]