Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Fat Quarter Swap :  Christmas/blenders and a side swap too! >

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:50 PM

Oh, darn. I was hoping that you'd get a boat load. haha
Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 AM

sounds like we have a missing package for kiffie.. do we need an angel package to go to her so she is not left out of a swap???

I am glad to see and hear that people are swapping and they are being received. whoop whoop! almost time for next months swap. should be exciting. heads up: for those December swappers we will be doing BATIKS again!!! yes yes its true. that is one of the most popular swaps we have. so something to look forward to especially at a busy crazy time it might inspire others to join in the fun!
Old 10-17-2014, 07:03 AM

One of mine partners has not received from me there is a very nicely wrapped pkg of killer reproductions floating around somewhere out there. This is the first pkg I have ever had lost! We planned that if she doesn't receive by today, I will send another. I'm really bummed, what I sent was really nice. Oh well, I must look at this in the right light.....I get to go shopping!
let me know today hairquilt and I will shop if need be tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:29 PM

How come bad things happen to the nicest people? I will do an angel package for Kiffie if you need someone.

Just when I found out what batiks were, now you want me to give them away. I don't think so. I think I'll be selfish and sit the batik swap out.

Ellie

Last edited by sewellie; 10-17-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:04 AM

So sorry package is lost tlambing, I will always get the tracking now for this reason!! The PO is getting bad when there are 2 lost pckgs in this one swap huh!
It will probably show up the minute you remail! LOL

Last edited by hairquilt; 10-19-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: addition
Old 10-19-2014, 05:21 AM

this is boloney the lost packages. I hate to require tracking on things because its so expensive for a supposedly not too expensive swap. darn it! what do you guys say do you think tracking is a necessary item now? I feel the sender is responsible for the sending of the items. If they are not received then a new package should be sent by the sender. I have used tracking and insurance on a package before. You know where it got lost but getting reimbursed by the post office is a massive head ache. Its cheaper to send a second package often over waiting to get paid back by the post office (they want receipts of what you spent and do not pay you for the lost postage just the item you sent or received. its a joke).

I want a list of who has not received. I see two so far tlambing and kiffie. I know a couple have recently sent so those are still in the mail. Its better to mail late than to not mail at all! phew thanks so much for those heads up. hopefully you told your partners too so I wont get them on my mail not received list. I don't need email for those expected to arrive. Just the said I sent it never got there.

happy notes? my kids were here for the grand visit and now have gone home. I love the visit and love the piece too. weird how that is.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:19 AM

I have the second set ready. It's going out today. And my partner said she'll swap back another set if she receives the lost one! How sweet is that! I always get tracking on my pkgs, not insurance for this swap. But, sent hubby with this one and forgot to remind him about the tracking, ugh. Oh well! Hairquilt you should have the new set by Wednesday I suppose. Thanks for your understanding.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:20 AM

I always buy the tracking anyway-but not the insurance. I like to know that the package got there since everyone doesn't always PM to tell you they got their package.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:03 AM

Wouldn't it be lovely if HINT HINT everyone remembers to say thank you? I do usually a day or two late but I do say thank you. I am asking ONCE again please send a note to your partner or at minimum post it here you go the package how lovely your fabrics are etc.. so there is no wondering on your partners part if you received? come on not so incredibly hard. you just got a package of killer fabrics in your mail box. your excited. POST IT!

now who wants me to start sign ups for next months swap? I see two who haven't received. Are there more? no emails means no. I wont write every single one of you. I need a post to me saying so. I would love to see more participants in this swap. Please feel free to post next months swap in your other postings on the quilting board. encourage other people you know are responsible swappers to join. try it for one or two months. see what happens! I cant go to them all so counting on you to spread the word to new to swap people.

NEXT MONTHS SWAP IS: Winter. blues whites, snow flakes, trees covered with snow... think cold think winter.. hot chocolate? skating bears? lol..
Old 10-20-2014, 07:17 AM

I saw this this morning and thought it was a great way to look at your fat quarters!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/23...01011ca251.jpg