Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Fat Quarter Swap :  Christmas/blenders and a side swap too! >

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

Old 10-11-2014, 03:20 PM

Received these great Christmas fabrics today from tumrub. They are fantastic! She even sent a bc ribbon print. Thank you so much. I just love them all.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 07:23 PM

Jaba, would you tell me the name of the table runner that you've started?? Is there a pattern here on the Board? It looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanx! Ellie

Last edited by sewellie; 10-11-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more
Old 10-12-2014, 05:58 AM

Beautiful fabrics Tlambing! love the little snowman one. sucker for snowmen anything. I have a collection of glass ornaments.. my favorites by far are the.. snowmen. I think they call to me (laugh go ahead bet you have something that calls to you too).

Jaba did a terrific job on her table runner pieces. I am rotten at making those flying geese but she makes it look so easy. like it just magically happened! not what I end up with lol. I will enjoy her runner from here I am afraid. I bet she has ten runners for every single season me too. do I change them? NOOOO oh dear just remembered I have one from Halloween that I was gifted last year. better get that out quick! post more pics! glutten for joy here.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:57 AM

sewellie, the pattern is in the new Nov/Dec issue of Fons and Porter "Love of Quilting" mag. It's called Center Attraction on page 74. It's online too, I saw it before I got the new magazine in the mail. Not quilted yet but here is the finish and mine ended up 35" X 15". After thought I probably should have made 1 more block....next time.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2341.jpg   dscf2342.jpg  
Old 10-12-2014, 07:04 AM

I also want to thank all of you that have sent me PM's of thoughts, prayers and "cyber" hugs on the death of my brother. They are truly appreciated and have meant the world to me. Your acts of kindness have helped more than you know.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 AM

That border just makes that runner Jaba... I love the colors!
You do have my address, right???
I just read on the other thread about your brother, left condolences there...Will leave a few healing hugs to you here...
K
Old 10-12-2014, 04:51 PM

TY, Kiffie and I do have your address but this one must stay with me. Friday night, no sleep and sewing at 2 am, this came out perfect, matching all those stripes, etc., not a seam ripper in sight. Big brother must have been helping me through all the tears, etc. Ironic, he never could understand why I loved sewing and quilting so much but always liked what I did. Thank you for your kind thoughts and friendship, much appreciated. I've had so many PM's from this board, I can't begin to express how special it is to me. I cherish each and every one, more than anyone will ever know.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:40 AM

I understand completely...
Hugs,
K
Old 10-13-2014, 07:46 AM

Jan that is turning out so beautiful. I just went and checked if you mitered it. You did. and its beautiful! wow. one corner would have taken me a year and when I was done nothing would match. Its a great tribute to a sad time in your life. I know you will miss your brother dearly.

I know we have a few more fabrics to share with each other. Where are they? I know they should have arrived by now so if you have not posted please do. It gives me peace of mind and heck who doesn't love wishing for each others fabric?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:57 AM

I saw that, jaba!!! Yours is beautiful and perfect. I also like the square table cover in the issue. HUGS!!!