Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Fat Quarter Swap :  Christmas/blenders and a side swap too! >

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

Old 10-08-2014, 11:38 AM

ok sewing question: (idiot of the day) my machine is a brother Csi 6000. I am having trouble with sewing. I start sewing and the machine immediately goes to E6 (thread is tangled) and I pull the fabric which is not easy out of the machine snip the thread.. one stitch on top big tangled mess on the bottom. long threads. have taken apart the bobbin, the bobbin carriage, cleaned inside of machine as best I could no mystery treads stuck in there. put it all back together.. it happens again. and again. I have changed bobbins and top tread. still E6 happens every single time. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I need to finish an applique and this is not making sewing happen at all. argh.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:27 PM

Got my beautiful Christmas fabrics! Thank you, Kiffie and Sheri!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM

Received my lovely fqs from SheriR. As always, they're stunning!
Thank you, Sheri! It's overcast here, so the colors don't show up as vibrant as they are. There were lil sugar free candies, they're not pictured, but my Mom says Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails img_20141008_185315.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-08-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM

Happy you like what I sent Peginco. I tried to send the types you said you like.
K
Old 10-08-2014, 04:11 PM

Wow ladies! I just mailed them yesterday afternoon!!!!! jaba should have hers tomorrow
Old 10-08-2014, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok sewing question: (idiot of the day) my machine is a brother Csi 6000. I am having trouble with sewing. I start sewing and the machine immediately goes to E6 (thread is tangled) and I pull the fabric which is not easy out of the machine snip the thread.. one stitch on top big tangled mess on the bottom. long threads. have taken apart the bobbin, the bobbin carriage, cleaned inside of machine as best I could no mystery treads stuck in there. put it all back together.. it happens again. and again. I have changed bobbins and top tread. still E6 happens every single time. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I need to finish an applique and this is not making sewing happen at all. argh.
Not an idiot, Brat.
When you start stitching are you using a lil leader piece of cloth?
I hate to say this, but I had the Brother CS6000i. And bought 2 Brother PC-420 machines. All 3 of them ended up doing what you describe when I tried doing applique. I was doing the blanket stitch.
I finally got one to cripple through by putting stabilizer under it, which I never did use stabilizer.
Also the type of fusible you use can mess things up.
I love heat and bond. Or I did...but even the "lite" made for sewing, would gum up the needle. I would unthread it, wipe it with a lil alcohol, rethread. It would sew a bit, and I'd have to clean it again.
I'm wondering if somewhere inside it's gummed up? Like a part you can't see. If there's a bit of adhesive and a bit of lint, it'll do what you describe.

Now I only use steam a seam. And with my Janome and my Juki it's not an issue.

I say that eating crow, too.. as I was ALWAYS a "Brother gal". But the last ones I purchased just didn't seem to be made as well.
Good luck,
Kif
Old 10-08-2014, 04:33 PM

I found this too, Brat:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...d-t162018.html

I just remembered (with hubby's help) that we got a tiny lil brush and I used rubbing alcohol ( not dripping wet) to clean all around the areas I could see. Make sure machine is unplugged​ of course. (I'm not advocating this either, just saying what I did. I had nothing much to lose, machine wasn't working, taking it in to be repaired would've cost about as much as the machine cost me). It did work, but I still always had to use stabilizer and a fusible that wasn't Heat and Bond. Even with that I had some skipped stitches with the applique blanket stitch.
K
Old 10-08-2014, 04:35 PM

SheriR,
Oops, just saw where you got my fqs, too. Happy you like them, I love the ones you sent!
K
Old 10-09-2014, 08:48 AM

Brat,
Happy you're machine was happy you changed the needle! Such an easy (and cheap) fix!
I should've said I changed my needle, too..in addition to wiping it with alcohol pad every few stitches. Even though it was a fusible one could sew through...
I try to remember to change out my needle too. Especially since they can "gum up" when using some fusibles, even though they're said not to. And it will wreak havoc with a machine.
Anywhose, yours is working again, and that's awesome!
K
Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 AM

I received my swap fabrics from Hairquilt yesterday afternoon. They are fantastic! Thank you so much! There are at least (2) 1/2 yard cuts in those 6fqs along with 6 little cuts of feed sack fabrics and the smidges of other repro's . I love them all! Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails photo-2.jpg