Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

Mamaskeeto 12-19-2013 10:22 AM

Haven't posted in awhile...life got in the way or should I say work. I'm excited that January is my birthday month and I'll be showered with candies. I had sent Barb a PM about an idea for the next birthday candies swap. So here's my idea ... it's fun to get candies from everyone but when the swap is over it's hard to remember who participated. My thought was in the next round along with our candies we swap signature blocks too. Nothing super hard because there are quite a few of us in the swap. I thought it would be a fun reminder of your birthday for the year. Any thoughts?

dottie dodge 12-19-2013 11:15 AM

I thought it would be a fun reminder of your birthday for the year. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I like that idea!

JNCT14 12-20-2013 12:19 PM

Hey I just realized that its the January gals' turn to be birthday princesses! I got my first set of candies from Darcene - thank you! I am going to try to hold off opening for a little while at least although I probably won't make it long!!! Have a great holiday everyone! Btw Mamaskeeto I like your block idea!

mrshalibut 12-20-2013 04:37 PM

I'm so excited to participate in this. I hope I make it in to the new one!

Has anyone ever done a 2.5" batik swap?

goldendog55 12-20-2013 04:41 PM

sometimes there are other groups that do that. I couldn't do it here, because of the cost of the fabrics.

SheriR 12-20-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut (Post 6466422)
I'm so excited to participate in this. I hope I make it in to the new one!

Has anyone ever done a 2.5" batik swap?

I host a 2.5" swap and we usually add a side swap of batiks. I'll be posting for January/February soon. We call it "candy" too! :D

Honchey 12-20-2013 07:20 PM

I think we could just make a 2.5 finished siggie this way it would fit in with the rest of the "candy"..

nurse bonnie 12-20-2013 08:26 PM

I have received several more birthday candies. I received some really gorgeous candy from SheriR, fraew & aquiltymama. I am still waiting on 4 more. But with the holidays and snail mail this time of year, it is understandable. Plus there is still 11 days of this month left. Sure wish I knew where this YEAR went to!!!!!

aquiltymama ~ prayers going to you, your little one and your whole family. Prayers for a successful surgery. You will be surprised how strong you will be to do the things you need to do to care for your child.

sew4nin 12-22-2013 09:09 AM

Thank you Darcene. I got my candy from you yesterday. They are so beautifully color coordinated!

JNCT14 12-23-2013 01:40 PM

More candies! Thank you to Suestraley, Wendy (mitcham), and Terry (ABDConsultant) . Can't wait till January 1st!