Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 12-03-2013 06:54 AM

I am doing a happy dance I have received my last package from Dottie dodge...good things come to those who wait! Thank you so much for the charm squares Sue...now when I find the time I am going to make me a quilt.....hope it it done before my next birthday! :)

barbarakibler23 12-03-2013 06:55 AM

Sorry I have not been on lately and hopefully next week I will do another contest. My business is really busy right now and I expect things to slow down next week. hope everyone is well.

Barb

aquiltymama 12-03-2013 10:42 AM

Thanks so much for the well wishes. We meet with a surgeon on Thursday for his first really big surgery (had one several weeks ago, but much smaller.) They say this one takes 3-4 months to heal from, so really not looking forward to it. That's such a long time for a 2-and-a-half year old (and even longer for his mommy!) But, we're doing it now so he doesn't remember it when he's older. Can't wait too much longer and still be able to say that. But, that also means I need to focus pretty much exclusively on him for a little while and while I'd love to keep going with this, I just can't commit.

But I love seeing the pictures of everyone's quilts. Hoping to eventually have time to sit down and turn these charms into a quilt myself. :)

sewmany 12-03-2013 05:40 PM

Bonnie, happy belate birthday. Your candies went out in the mail today.

nurse bonnie 12-04-2013 05:34 PM

WOW!!! I have gotten some really beautiful candy!! This will surely be a great month of getting beautiful candy. I want to thank these ladies, whose I have received so far: WMUTeacher, mitcham, ABDConsultant, barbarakibler23, jannie, LSTEW22, wanda lou, wanna_be_quilter, sustraley, JNCT14, oneteapot, mamaskeeto, marybrace, nls, gandee1, dottiedodge. I can't wait to start on my very own quilt with everyones candy. The little extras that some sent were awesome. I can't wait to do this again next year. Thank you all very much.

goldendog55 12-04-2013 08:24 PM

Sorry I'm late. I've received candies from: Dottie Dodge, LStew 2212, WandaLou, and WMUTeach. I had wanted to thank each of the people who had sent me extras individually, but there were so many, and was unable to. So thank you all for the wonderful extras. And, there was so much variety in all of the fabrics-1930s, food and circles, and all of the rest. Thanks so much!

Honchey 12-05-2013 04:56 AM

I just checked the "Cast List" and there are only 5 more "Birthday Babies" to go for Jan & feb...:(
Will there be another round???

ahwu 12-05-2013 11:52 PM

A very belated Happy Birthday to nurse Bonnie. I just mailed out your birthday candies today. Sorry for the delay, finally get around to the post office.

sew4nin 12-09-2013 12:23 PM

Hi everyone. I am finally posting my last round of thank yous. This has been so much fun. Thank you to:
wmuteach (thanks for the chocolate, too!)
wandalu
dottiedodge
lstew2212
Thank you again! I just finished a quilt using 1.5" squares. I think I will start a Chiclet quilt with my birthday squares.

nurse bonnie 12-09-2013 02:37 PM

I, too, have some more THANK YOU'S for some birthday candy & extra goodies that I have received in the last few days. A big thank you to;

Jarenie-and for the pattern
Mariposa
AHWU
sewmany-and for the fat quarter
goldendog55
sew4nin

This has been soo much fun and I really do hope that do it again next year.

Bonnie